• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined VIP Sale pls

Occasional Discounts on VIP+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Maniac
Nov 4, 2018
Hellas
Self-explanatory; I believe sometime (probably during some occasions such as Christmas) there should be a discount on the VIP+ Rank. How big? At least 25%.
Yes, I know it's a donation... but still, my argument is that such a discount would encourage more users to purchase VIP+ (since it would be cheaper).

Red

Maniac
Nov 4, 2018
Hellas
You're not meant to pay for VIP+, it's a bonus for donating that set amount. It's not a business.

It's a donation and all, but 40 dollars usually discourage people from donating. Especially ones who are unemployed, and under 18.

How about an alternative to VIP+, a more affordable choice between the monthly $5 and the permanent $40?
Maybe a yearly or 6-month $20 donation?

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I remember we did this in the past, but I don't remember how successful it was. I wouldn't be opposed to doing this again.

For anyone using the argument that VIP is a reward for donating and a sale would turn it into something more akin to a "purchase": I can see where you're coming from, but lowering the threshold of donation money needed for VIP+ may encourage more donations, especially if it's a limited time and during Christmas or some other holiday. It's not like advertising tactics such as this are absent from donation drives such as Patreon either; us offering rewards for donations to the community is in the end an advertising tactic.

+1.

Reactions: Red and Hypernova
Status
Not open for further replies.