W + M1ing

Do you find W+M1ing

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 19, 2018
Hey just wondering what your guys opinion is on W+M1ing as a pyro.

I personally am fine with it either myself or coming up against it, the reason is it’s one of the staples of the pyro. I know it requires little to no school but the only other options I can think of is puff and stinging and jet pack strats

Ray

Head Weenie
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
Canada
yeah I don’t know why people have issues with it I mean w+m1 does the job by either burning the person or if it misses it probably still scares the hell out of the player.

Admynco

Jun 14, 2018
One of the few things that makes me experience genuine butthurt in tf2.
The times I have died to afterburn because some goggle-headed gibus pyro just charged into me have left their marks. Everytime I see a Pyro I start sweating uncontrollably and get the intense urge to go look for a fire extinguisher.

Captain Maxxy

Perfect Member
★ Donor ★
May 10, 2018
Yeah I also think w+m1 is okay to use and to face. While it can be annoying in tight spots its not like its super OP, honestly I get slightly annoyed when people complain about pyros w+m1 because that is literally how pyro is meant to be played.

This is an example which has happened before and probably happens a lot: there are a medic, sniper, demoman and scout. You drop down as pyro behind them. The only logical thing is to w+m1 because anything else seems absolutely dumb. Then when you killed them they complain about w+m1.

In the end its important to stay away from pyros in tight areas and it really is the other player's fault for not paying attention. sure sometimes a pyro happens to come out from a corner that you couldn't possibly have seen and that is annoying, that doesn't mean that the pyro is bad or an idiot which most players seem to use as an argument.

RulerOfTheFae

Forum Activist
Aug 26, 2017
Canada, Ontario
When I fight pyros I don't mind if they wm1, it's only handicapping them as airblast is an amazing tool. If you use airblast vs a melee target they can't reach you, airblast vs another pyro will let you turn it into a shotgun/flare gun fight, and there's projectiles you can reflect, but also even when fighting someone with a gun, burn them and airblast them to fuck up their aim. Fighting a wm1 is much easier than a proper pyro, because all you need is to use long range weapons, explosives, or if you're fast enough melee and get out of there. I don't usually wm1 due to it being weaker than being able to use a flare gun as well for the extra damage, but wm1 is fine. I can kill someone in 2 seconds with ignite, airblast, flare gun, then melee if I do it right, but wm1 takes a long time to kill especially vs soldiers and heavies.

TL;DR, wm1 only makes the pyro weaker, it's not OP it's worse than if you can airblast properly.

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
beign a pyro main, i

dont have avalid opinion

also you find w+m1 pyros dont know how to pull out a secondary more often than not so it can just as easily be a case of a lazy player, or a new player. So i'm neither here nor there about it really.

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ Donor ★
May 29, 2018
I play a “hit or miss” play style, and I’m a sniper main, meaning I will be in places I shouldn’t be in. Therefore when a pyro comes and starts pounding my ass from behind I can get rather salty.
I do understand that it is my own play style that fucks me over, but I still find it annoying that players can’t play something more skilled. Especially older players with a lot of hours.
If it’s a new player I usually just forget them because. Well, they are new.
But if an experienced player starts focusing me and keeps going there over and over, I tend to quit. No reason to get upset over that.

On the other hand, if I play pyro I usually start burning their ass tracking them as much as possible before changing to shotgun to finish them off. So I’m a hypocrite and I know that lol

Reactions: vikingo12

Mifil

I like Touhou
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 5, 2018
I think it's safe to say that M1+W is a valid strategy, even though it requires little skill. It's also not like they are hard to kill, when they are running straight at you.

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
United Kingdom
I honestly don't find much of an issue fighting against a W+M1 Pyro. If I'm playing as Scout and I end up allowing myself to get too close, then fair enough but otherwise they're pretty easy to deal with. Whenever Pyros use airblast to keep you pinned somewhere is what pisses me off, especially when they used to use the Reserve Shooter or nowadays the flare gun.

It's beautiful when you see a Pyro running at you about 30 metres away already firing their flame thrower and wasting ammo while you pick them off.