Waaaay overdue resign note and my journey to the team

Slushroom

Rejected Mario Kart item
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2020
UK
Heyo, it me.

You may know me as the guy who likes to steal other people's memes funny slush person. Back on June 30th I resigned due to the drama overtaking my mental state (thank God it's over now...) and kinda just feeling burnt out with reports and such. I never hated responding to players requesting help however and I especially took charge in stealing Para's reports for a little while :blobderpy:. Now I was staff from mid January all the way to the end of June and I can definitely say, I had so much fun. Everyone there was just great to talk to and meme about with and I still enjoy that to this day. From posting my first application back in somewhere around late 2020 I think, I didn't meet the requirements at first and wanted to improve as much as I could before I was allowed to post my second app.

Before posting my first application I knew that if I was going to be accepted into staff, I know I was going to have to change. Unfortunately back then, I only thought that the only part of me that had to change was my politeness to other players, offering to help them out. In the end, I was shocked to see that I was declined but I wasn't going to give up there.

During the timespan in between the decline of my first application and the creation of my second, I really think that trying to "mature it out" has changed me as a person. Before both applications I would spam Lenny binds seemingly after ever kill and an overall idiot, my logs did not look pretty back then.

Fast forward to my second application and before the time of even posting it, I had tried my best to improve off the negative results my first app got. Going as far as unbinding my Lenny bind, attempting to find players breaking the rules to use /call more often had changed my mindset. I even went as far as to warning my friends to what they were doing sometimes was wrong, preventing their punishment in most cases (and I still do!).

Back on topic to my second application, the current staff at the time of posting my second app had seen my determination to improve, and how I went as far doing so and in a few days/weeks, I think, I was accepted into staff! I'm trying my best not to write this word by word on what happened. Just take this as my experience getting where I am now.

This community means so much to me as over the years I've played here, I've met tons of friends who are still with me to this day and I am glad to have been of help for 6 whole months. I won't be leaving this community any time soon that's for sure. Who knows what'll come next, maybe I'll actually make a return to the staff team after a LOOOONG break away from it. All that I have left to say now is:

Thank you, Wonderland.tf
I wouldn't be the person I am now without you all :blobmario:✌️