Resolved Wait why is normal VIP monthly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a lot of communities on steam games, and I can already tell its not common practice for monthly VIP. So my question is, who would pay 7 dollars a month for a TF2 community?

(I wanna leave out support since normal VIP at a flat upfront fee is just as effective)

Fatfather fire tommy gun

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Think of it like Patreon. You pay monthly to help out and support is the meat & potatoes of it. You don't earn anything for it or else it would become a pay-to-win model.
All donating does is give you VIP perks which enhance your cosmetic effects such as additional trails.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eight and Hypernova

Guac

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 11, 2019
Yeah VIP doesn't really do much. The most notablenof the effects are priority on guards, more credits, and reserved slots. The main reason you donate should be that you want to support the server, not the perks. Hence why the normal VIP is monthly. (Also VIP+ is about as much as ~6 months of normal VIP if I did my math correct)

Reactions: Hypernova

Shu

Certified Hug Collector
★ Donor ★
Jul 16, 2017
Finland
It's a D O N A T I O N which means you support the servers/community and get little perks in return. The point of donating isn't to get something, it is to benefit the hosts to keep hosting the whole system. And on top of that donating is completely optional for those who want to support. :kathello:

Reactions: Hypernova

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Monthly VIP is for people who don't want to donate as much, just want to try out VIP, etc. There's countless reasons people may prefer the cheaper, monthly VIP as opposed to paying the full 40€, and vice-versa.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.