• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined War3 Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korum

★ Donor ★
Aug 14, 2018
Right so, talked about this with Frussly and I asked multiple people on the servers but surprisingly no one has heard of this. (Although research shows only 6 servers in tf2 are running this mod, none of which are active)

Warcraft3 is a mod that adds new depth to the game by adding "races" that each posses unique abilities and passives to aid the user in a battle scenario. It is difficult to explain this mod as it is rather expansive so watch this video if you're interested:

Back in PB F there were a couple of servers running this mod, making them incredibly fun. However I must admit that in MANY circumstances this mod is unbalanced and overpowered. Alot of people disliked the mod because of this, even though everything had a counter to it. If this does get implemented, It might not work out great for certain game modes like Jailbreak (though some could argue this made them better).

This suggestion is a bit of a stretch considering it involves altering a server's gamemode, but seeing as there are so many servers in this community, it cant hurt to experiment.

Moving forward, I'm suggesting that we add war3 to some of the servers and see how well it works. Considering no one runs this relic anymore, it will definitely add something unique to Wonderland servers that other communities dont offer (As far as I know).

For reference here are websites with download links and information:
Allied Modders: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=136956?t=136956 (I recommend this)
War3 Source: http://war3source.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: Greggy

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Well sure we *could* experiment but I doubt it will lead to much. No one runs the game mode for a reason, and I'd infer that's related to how it doesn't pull in players. The PB War3 JB server did pull in players, but it had already been up for a looong while and gathered regulars probably before it died. Even then, I don't think it pulled in impressive numbers in later times, albeit that's up to many other factors probably. Anyway, besides PB, I haven't seen really any servers running this mod, and the only one I know that does is scarcely populated. There's also issues with balance & exploits. So for the most part, I'm against.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Sorry but as per my reasoning above and lack of support, I am going to reject adding this mod to our servers. I should mention that this was a suggestion previously rejected on the old IPS forums, of course though those threads are long lost.

Suggestion denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.