Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Weeb

Oh Captain My Captain
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Dec 31, 2017
New York, United States of America
So im just interested in one very simple question. Is water wet? To that i say no. The definition of wet is "
covered or saturated with water or another liquid." Notice how is says covered. We can say that if it rains, the roads are wet because they are being covered in water. However, you cannot say that water is wet because water cannot be covering the surface of water. I dunno, but thats what I believe

Deleted member 598

Headset Freak
Sep 25, 2017
Sverige
844.jpg

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Science with SuperGuard

Well I suppose this is a brain teaser in some cases but otherwise it's as simple as deciding whether the Earth is round or flat.

The simple part of this is being wet is a binary statement. It can either be wet, or it's dry, there is no middle ground. If a solid object like a rock or fish is in water then it's wet both inside the water and when it surfaces. Therefore the guy in the video who claims that the fish is not wet while inside the water is wrong.

The harder part is if water itself is wet. As water itself is a liquid, there's really mixed decisions on whether its wet or not and pretty much neither decision is wrong. It can be classed as wet as it is a liquid but because water itself cannot be saturated with water or another liquid as they mix, it's still fair to say that it isn't wet.

Last edited:

vex

Amphetamine'd
Sep 19, 2017
Science with SuperGuard

Well I suppose this is a brain teaser in some cases but otherwise it's as simple as deciding whether the Earth is round or flat.

The simple part of this is being wet is a binary statement. It can either be wet, or it's dry, there is no middle ground. If a solid object like a rock or fish is in water then it's wet both inside the water and when it surfaces. Therefore the guy in the video who claims that the fish is not wet while inside the water is wrong.

The harder part is if water itself is wet. As water itself is a liquid, there's really mixed decisions on whether its wet or not and pretty much neither decision is wrong. It can be classed as wet as it is a liquid but because water itself cannot be saturated with water or another liquid as they mix, it's still fair to say that it isn't wet.
science with superguard sounds like a high school chemistry class.

Xanerino

Am I doing it right?
★ Donor ★
Jul 15, 2017
United Kingdom
If you had one molecule of water I guess it wouldn't be wet as it wouldn't be covered in water. But if you have multiple surely the water is covered in itself thus satisfying the definition of "covered or saturated with water or another liquid."

Status
Not open for further replies.