What are Your Favorite Books?

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
When I was younger, I read a lot of Warriors (usually referred to as "Warrior Cats") by Erin Hunter. More recently, I've read three books that I quite enjoyed: How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster, A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah, and Columbine by Dave Cullen. I recommend all, but the last two discuss graphic violence if that is something you want to avoid.

So how about you? Manga and graphic novels count too if that's your thing.

• Wow
Reactions: BlueSpirit

Green.

Maniac
Dec 7, 2019
Algeria
When I was younger, I read a lot of Warriors (usually referred to as "Warrior Cats") by Erin Hunter. More recently, I've read three books that I quite enjoyed: How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster, A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah, and Columbine by Dave Cullen. I recommend all, but the last two discuss graphic violence if that is something you want to avoid.

So how about you? Manga and graphic novels count too if that's your thing.
Islamic books, when I was young (over 6 years old) I used to read a lot of Islamic books about the Prophet Mohammed.

Reactions: Floot

Floot

★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
under a rock, on a tropical island
50 shades of grey/Darker/Freed, by E.L James
Harry Potter series by J.k Rowling
Indian and Buddist scriptures (Hinduism and Buddhism)
Handbook of Japanese mythology, By Micheal Ashkenazi
Naruto Shinden(Sasuke's story) by Kishimoto and Towada

When I was a kid I used to read french books like Fables de la Fontaine, Naruto le Livre (Naruto textbook in French), Les contes de Perrault, CSI Miami known as Les Experts : Miami in french, Topaze by Pagnol, La Rue Cases Nègres (n word in fr. This book also reflected the story of my country, originated in the Martinique. Martinique is like our cousin island , by Zobel and more

I also used to read Thomas Trew Shakespeare for kids book series, Global Tales by Marland, common fairy or fantasy tales and others that I've forgotten

Reading is fun. Now the books that I read are cook books and gastronomy books...
Google the books or terms if you don't understand.

Reactions: Eight and Green.

Joyless (Seasonal?)

Dec 21, 2019
It’s sad how my favorite series is an elementary level comic called Amulet. It’s the only book that I actually can look forward to and I found it in my own school library and am starting it over again. I don’t like reading that much and this seems the perfect book as it’s short dialogues instead of pages and pages of words. Comics feel more exciting as you can see what the author wanted you to imagine in your head while reading it. The book itself if a slow-paced adventure that starts of with her living a normal life while having bloodline that is related to this otherworldly place. She meets friends and has this amulet that is kept to her. She must harness this power to save the new world she lives in while keeping her mom alive and to find a cure for her mother. Would highly recommend for some quick but entertaining series for lazy readers like me.

Guac

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 11, 2019
At the moment I am reading a book series called "The Death Gate Cycle" it is quite good, but I am starting to notice some odd religious undertones, but tbh I just want to read a book series about dragons and magical races, not any of this god mumbo jumbo in what should just be a fantasy series.

Gibus

Forum Extremist
Feb 25, 2019
Asia
This one is extremely controversial, but I'm currently reading Hiter's Mein Kampf. I'm interested in what methods he used to get the population on his side, through his writing and his speeches.
If not, I also like the Famous Five detective series.

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Interesting pick. I do like going into why people are evil or do bad things so this I dont mind. How is the book so far?
This one is extremely controversial, but I'm currently reading Hiter's Mein Kampf. I'm interested in what methods he used to get the population on his side, through his writing and his speeches.
If not, I also like the Famous Five detective series.

Gibus

Forum Extremist
Feb 25, 2019
Asia
Interesting pick. I do like going into why people are evil or do bad things so this I dont mind. How is the book so far?
I'm not very deep in, but within the first pages there is a lot of the ideals on loop, it's constnatly repeated. I presume that if they keep repeating the ideals at this rate, that's probably how they ingrained them into the reader's minds.

BlueSpirit

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Mar 10, 2020
Yooo my all my siblings and I are huge warriors fans!! That whole world was so nice! Other than that series though I also really enjoyed the Eragon series. My brother introduced that to me its so good. Plus Pendragon series and Percy jackson the the olympians series. Which kind of trails off to like other greek or roman heroes. They all good though

Floot

★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
under a rock, on a tropical island
It’s sad how my favorite series is an elementary level comic called Amulet. It’s the only book that I actually can look forward to and I found it in my own school library and am starting it over ...

Sounds super interesting.

Tbh, I didn't like comics or graphics books when I was young and the first Comics I read were TF2 Comics and some Mangas but Amulet looks really good and it is well designed. (I also thought comics are for lazy readers too lol)

I'm also looking for some reading materials for my niece and nephew and this sounds like a great option.

dimmy

Popular Member
Jan 24, 2020
The Scythe Series and the Gone series are both my personal favorites, being both Dystopian Genre, not to mention the Cirque De Freak series and Ready Player One. All of these books were recommended to me, so I would also recommend them to you to read them too

laptivv

sanity
★ Donor ★
Jan 1, 2020
England
My favourite book is ⬇️

Such a good basically there was a wizard in his fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the mystery surrounding the entry of Harry's name into the Triwizard Tournament, in which he is forced to compete. F for being forced to compete
7E15ECD3 76DE 4BD3 B2E1 6C6300FA1AE0

• Wow
Reactions: Floot