What do you view as the best and worst TF2 weapons?

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
This includes items that go into your primary, secondary, melee, etc. slots that aren't exactly weapons (ex. Sandvich). Excluding cosmetics, taunts, and stuff of that sort, however.

I'm bad at choosing so I'm just going to let you guys start off the discussion.

=WL= DeadlyJustice

Honorary Member ★
Aug 3, 2017
United Kingdom
Well I'm a complete tf2 noob but I would say the best weapon for me is the heatmans hit maker (I think that's what the sniper rifle is called) because of the charge getting faster with the more head shots obtained without dying, if you die a lot however this is pretty much useless and is more of a hindrance.

Kumpir

Lvl 13 Anime Hater
★ Donor ★
Aug 19, 2017
Turkey
Best
Vaccinator
Kritzkrieg
Third Degree
Widowmaker
Your Eternal Reward
Eyelander
ScatterGun
Pistol
Pan
RocketLauncher
Black Box
Disiplinary Action
FlareGun
Shotgun
Scorch Shoot
Loch n Load
Splendid Screen
Minigun
Holiday Punch
Crusader's Crossbow
Awper Hand
Sniper Rifle
Jarate
Huntsman
Big Earner
Knife
Sharp Dresser

Worst
Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol
Sun on a Stick
Axtinguisher
Claidumeh Mor
HuaLong Heater
Buffalo Steak
Vita Saw
Machine
Sdney Sleeper
Smg
Cleaners's Carbine
Shanhasha
Enforcer

AND WINNERS IS...
Worst:
Sun-On-a-Stick
Best:Pan

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
United Kingdom
If I had a best and worst for each class, this is what it would look like.

Best
Scout - Scattergun (There are other choices too for the best Scout weapon but in my eyes nothing competes with the versatility of the stock Scattergun.)
Soldier - Black Box (Highly underappreciated but great when survival is key.)
Pyro - Homewrecker (Since I despise most Pyros, I can only really appreciate them if they're a Pybro, which is why this is obviously the best weapon.)
Demoman - Eyelander (Combined with a Shield and Grenade Launcher, 4 heads with this and you're essentially a fast-moving, high-damage tank.)
Heavy - Tomislav (Stealth and spin-up speed are often essential, that's it really.)
Engineer - Frontier Justice (If you're a good Engineer, your sentry will just feed you at least 20 crits before it's destroyed. Then you can go out guns blazing if need be.)
Medic - Ubersaw (What can I say other than Crits? And maybe uber gain.)
Sniper - Bazaar Bargain (If you can get two heads, it's a Sniper Rifle. If you can get more than that it's a direct upgrade.)
Spy - Ambassador / Diamondback (I have to put both down since they're essentially the same weapon with different ways of getting crits. Accuracy vs Stealth.)

Worst
Scout - Sandman (And you thought it would be the Force-A-Nature. The Sandman stun is pretty broken but the health decrease will often get you killed too easily by anything.)
Soldier - Beggar's Bazooka (Along with the decreased dispenser pickups, it's not easy to use this efficiently due to the load time and accuracy penalty.)
Pyro - Sharpened Volcano Fragment (Unless something went wrong, you have a flamethrower.)
Demoman - Ullapool Caber (A single-use low-yield explosive which likely does more damage to yourself than the enemy. Really just a measly escape weapon which won't work.)
Heavy - Buffalo Steak Sandvich (You use it to melee, your target uses his gun. Clear outcome.)
Engineer - Pomson 6000 (What looks like a really fancy weapon just isn't efficient due to its slow moving projectiles which only slightly reduce uber and cloak.)
Medic - Overdose (While it was buffed, it didn't cut it. The user requires the weapon active as well as high uber in order to have a slightly legible effect.)
Sniper - Classic (At long range, this is definitely obsolete. At close range, it would be easier and quicker to use a huntsman. There is no upside to it.)
Spy - Conniver's Kunai (As I said before with Scout, health decrease on a low health class is bad. Unless you can chain backstabs with extreme ease, you will be one shot by any modest damage.)

Well I'm a complete tf2 noob but I would say the best weapon for me is the heatmans hit maker (I think that's what the sniper rifle is called) because of the charge getting faster with the more head shots obtained without dying, if you die a lot however this is pretty much useless and is more of a hindrance.
You mean the Bazaar Bargain.

Anyway my picks for the classes I play are:

Sniper:
  • Sniper Rifle
  • Razorback (lots of spies) / Cozy Camper (few spies)
  • Kukri

• The Classic / Sydney Sleeper
  • Cleaner's Carbine / Darwin's Danger Shield (just no)
  • Tribalman's Shiv (if I have to pick one)

Mycin

survives off coffee and bagels
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 27, 2017
Vermont
Best: Shotgun (My Opinion)
Solid damage, great secondary or primary, does it's job. It's especially good when weapon spread is turned off.

Worst: Base Jumper
On Soldier it removes a team buff ability, or a shotgun to defend your medic.
On Demo it removes either your primary weapon, or your booties if you're a weirdo.
Even if you're using the Air Strike it slows you down so much you're sniper bait.

Favorite: Loose Cannon
Consistent stuns and 150 damage with double donks, INSANE knockback, really fun.

Demonic Odd

Platinum
Jul 16, 2017
Best:
Razorback:
If you really think about it, the Razorback is actually a bit overpowered. Think about it. There are lots of snipers who stay with their team, with lots of them being in Highlander. If you're a spy, there are many problems with a sniper using the Razorback. If the sniper is with his team and you try to kill him with a revolver, most of the time you might not even kill him because his teammates will probably notice and kill you quickly. If you try to get him with the Ambassador, the same thing will probably happen, but the thing is that if you go for a headshot, you could two shot him, but only if he hasn't been overhealed, which medics should be doing to the entire team. Also, another problem is that some snipers have great muscle memory and can quickscope you right away, so if you shoot him with a revolver, there is a small window of opportunity for the sniper to headshot you. Snipers like to use the Razorback in competitive because they are very high priority targets, seeing how they can take out key classes like medics very easily. The Razorback denies spy's ability to take them out quickly with one backstab.

Scattergun:
This is definitely tying as Scout's best Combat Primary. Basically, anything that operates similarly to this, ie The Back Scatter and Baby Face's Blaster are about equal, and also the Soda Popper, which operates differently, but has a faster reload speed to make up for the Force-A-Nature's biggest weakness, and also has Hype. The Scattergun. Deals 100 damage at melee range, and has 6 shots. You have the potential to kill a heavy in less than 2 seconds. It has a fast reload with a nice ammo reserve with the biggest clip of the scatterguns. The spread is also a bit small for deadlier meat shots.

Bazaar Bargain:
With a high enough headcount, it's basically a hitscan huntsman.

Kunai:
Just nab a backstab and you're officially the strongest person on your team.
You can get an overheal even higher than a stock soldier. How is this not higher?
Got an enginner protecting a sentry and your reactions are slow? No problem the overheal would save you from the sentry's shots and give you time to sap it

Worst:

Quick-Fix:
The quick fix may not have over heal and a good über, but it is the fastest healer, and makes the medic match the speed of the heal target, which makes it useless since all medi-guns benefit from it, it doesn't save you from a fully headshot from a sniper while ubered either.

The Red Key

★ Donor ★
May 1, 2020
Best: The Quick Fix. I know you guys wont agree but whenever I play medic, I go for quick fix. Only because the healing rate is mad, and the uber is insanely useful. I mostly use it in casual mvm matches and some casual matches, only for the reason that i can top everyone's health off very quickly, and the uber charge only enhances this ability

Worst: Righteous Bison. Its not that its the worst functional weapon in the game, just that it has gone from good to bad to mediocre to terrible. This gun is the butt of most nerf/buff jokes and its sad to see it in its current state

Mygiwara

Oct 6, 2020
Best: The Quick Fix. I know you guys wont agree but whenever I play medic, I go for quick fix. Only because the healing rate is mad, and the uber is insanely useful. I mostly use it in casual mvm matches and some casual matches, only for the reason that i can top everyone's health off very quickly, and the uber charge only enhances this ability

Worst: Righteous Bison. Its not that its the worst functional weapon in the game, just that it has gone from good to bad to mediocre to terrible. This gun is the butt of most nerf/buff jokes and its sad to see it in its current state
BFB to Bison: Hold my beer(BTW The BFB isn't Scout's worst primary. It's still the Backscatter)