• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined What if you can buy your own theme music?

Add your own theme music

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoop.

Celebrity
Mar 30, 2018
So what if you can buy a sound that follows you but only you can hear it when you move or something like that? So for instance if you are playing you can chose from a variety of music to use or you can even maybe put in a Custom ID of a song to play it. I think this would be a great and fun idea especially since it takes a lot of time to adjust the volume when u listen to music out of tf2 on what ever you play on.

Reactions: Floot

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
So basically you want a personal radio/music playlist option in-game?

Meh. I mean, it'd be cool, but I'd imagine it'd be a lot of work too, and you can just listen to YouTube or SoundCloud while you're playing. Don't think the difficulty of adjustment outweighs the difficulty of implementing this in the first place.

Reactions: Hypernova

Snoop.

Celebrity
Mar 30, 2018
So basically you want a personal radio/music playlist option in-game?

Meh. I mean, it'd be cool, but I'd imagine it'd be a lot of work too, and you can just listen to YouTube or SoundCloud while you're playing. Don't think the difficulty of adjustment outweighs the difficulty of implementing this in the first place.
If it is too much hard work then do not do it but so far everyone seems to like it :/ Maybe you can do this for like a shop suggestion where you can buy it for like 500k credits? I think its just too hard if you are listening on your computer and you need to adjust it (I play in fullscreen mode so I have to press my windows key and it gets laggy when I go back in) so whatever works best for you ig

• Wow

Preacher Platinum

Legally, you suck.
★ Donor ★
Aug 2, 2019

Theoretically this would only be useful on deathrun, trade, zombies, and a few other servers that aren’t jailbreak. Adding custom music would be a hassle within itself to the developers, and if you aren’t on a jailbreak server you’d have the time to change music on spotify or youtube. Essentially, this would only be useful as a joke for a few minutes as well. Having to grab the link and paste it would be harder than just.... using the link regularly.

Snoop.

Celebrity
Mar 30, 2018

Theoretically this would only be useful on deathrun, trade, zombies, and a few other servers that aren’t jailbreak. Adding custom music would be a hassle within itself to the developers, and if you aren’t on a jailbreak server you’d have the time to change music on spotify or youtube. Essentially, this would only be useful as a joke for a few minutes as well. Having to grab the link and paste it would be harder than just.... using the link regularly.
I was more thinking of music ID not a link but I can see how it would be a hassle that's why I left it up for staff to decide if its too hard or not to add it in.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
I feel like this might just be as bad as mic-spamming.

Worst case scenario, people would play the most derogatory or political hate speech ever; Best case scenario, we actually get good tracks playing, imagine rolling up and having SNES Guille's Theme play every time you approach somebody, Jesus.
Obviously my above hypotheticals are based on the predecedence that we are allowed custom music.

If it were a list of pre-made, royalty-free, low-fi tracks, that would kind of be cool. But I imagine very difficult to develop and implement.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Yeah, i think this is enough to push my vote to nope.

Besides, you can mute tf2 while listening to music. Something you cannot do with this thing (as it would just mute the music as well)
I typically play TF2 with some sort of music on from YouTube or Spotify with TF2 on about 10% volume just so that the environment is barely audible, the same thing you've just described.

Status
Not open for further replies.