What is a good dpi for sniper?

Jasmine

The Almighty Raisin
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 5, 2019
Ireland
I cant recommend a specific DPI since either my mouse has no DPI menu or I just cant find it, but DPI and in-game sensitivity are purely personal, there is no best sensitivity, sure a slow sensitivity is bad, and you're not going to aim well with a REALLY high DPI, personally, I run 3 in-game sensitivity (mouse acceleration off, obviously) and the second slowest DPI for my mouse, it feels good for me and I can aim decently with it, just play around with sensitivity and DPI until you find something that feels right for you.

Rain

Frog
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 10, 2018
Roundabout City
As the others have already mentioned, it ultimately comes down to personal preference and what you feel most comfortable with. Since your mouse DPI and in-game sensitivity are different settings (if you have raw input and whatnot enabled), you have to figure out what works best for you. Personally, I have 2 DPI options so that I can switch my sensitivity depending on the situation. Normally I use 800 DPI with about 2-2.5 sensitivity, and if I use the DPI hotkey it bumps my DPI up to 1200 while keeping the same in-game sens (mostly used in close range sniping).

Rei

Jul 25, 2018
Japan
Every person is suitable to a different DPI and sensitivity. It also depends on your playstyle and preferations. Me personally, when I fight long range battles, I switch to a lower DPI and sensitivity with the button above mouse wheel. And on the opposite, when you fight in a melee-ish range battle or just mid-range, you can switch to higher DPI and sensitivity, to flick and keep up with the enemies' movement.

My personal DPI: 4K
Sensitivity: 3.14
(I use this set as an universal between long range and short range)
Post automatically merged:

Every person is suitable to a different DPI and sensitivity. It also depends on your playstyle and preferations. Me personally, when I fight long range battles, I switch to a lower DPI and sensitivity with the button above mouse wheel. And on the opposite, when you fight in a melee-ish range battle or just mid-range, you can switch to higher DPI and sensitivity, to flick and keep up with the enemies' movement.

My personal DPI: 4K
Sensitivity: 3.14
(I use this set as an universal between long range and short range)

Last edited: