What is everyone's top worst weapon for each class?

Captain Weeb

Oh Captain My Captain
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Dec 31, 2017
New York, United States of America
So if its personally, then here's my worst weapons (Warning, these are all my opinion)
Scout: Sandman: Better alternatives, stun mechanic is not as good pre jungle inferno
Soldier: It pains me to say this, but the righteous bison. Though it did get buffed a little bit, the actual utility of this weapon is currently bugged (hits per second is bugged is what I mean)
Pyro: Manmelter. Went over this in a different thread, but its the worst out of the flare guns
Demoman: Base jumper. Taking this over a primary is a bad option
Demoknight: The claidheamh mor. The damage vulnerability is really what makes this weapon in my opinion, the worst
Heavy: The eviction notice. Heavies really only use melees for utility because in close range, they have a freaking minigun. The eviction notice in my opinion is just a worse version of the GRU
Engineer: Honestly, the pompson. I only say that because there are better alternatives, such as stock and the rescue ranger.
Medic: I'll be honest, there aren't really bad medic weapons, but if I had to pick one, I guess I'd go with the solemn vow, as the upside is only useful when you are coordinated in a pub match
Sniper: The classic. A regular headshot can kill 4/9 classes without overheal, so the downside really shines
Spy: The Ambassador: ok so this one is interesting. In my opinion, spies should only go with a revolver when either picking off a low health target, utility(The L'etranger) or against a sentry when it is sapped. The ambie cannot do 2/3 things on this list. The ambie's one upside are headshots, with a bunch of downsides punishing those who don't hit them. That's why its the worst weapon in my opinion.

BTW: I didn't include meme weapons such as the hot hand or the holiday punch because well, they are for memes.

Malzahar

May 3, 2018
Scout : Sandman because the stun got removed even tho it was my favourite item but rip

Soldier: Reserve shooter because its really hard and not worth it might as well take a shot gun or gun boats

Pyro : Man melter enough said

Demoman: Scottish resistance its just sh*t

Heavy: Brass beast and the huolong heater where my worst but i choose brass beast the damage is not worth all the down sides

Engi : Tbh all engis weapons are really great but i guess i choose the widowmaker because i am bad at aiming

Medic : Vita saw

Sniper : The sahanshan just usless all around

Spy : Enforcerer

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ Donor ★
May 29, 2018
Scout
Primary:
Baby Face Blaster. It's stats just doesn't work with how scout is supposed to be played. It makes the scout go faster, yes, but the downside with jumping removes boost is just plain trash, and removes on of the scouts most valuable abilities; Double Jump. It's key for scout not to be hit, ergo, he should be able to double jump at all times.
Secondary: Crit-o-Cola. Deal minicrits, take minicrits. Again, the whole aspect of not being hit dies when you take x amount more damage and damage fall-off is completely gone when minicrits are active
Melee: Sun on a stick. From a competitive standpoint, it COULD be useful, and then again no. Standart comp is: 2 Soldiers (Pocket & Roamer) 1 Demo, 1 Medic, 2 Scouts/1 scout, 1 off-class. In order to make the SOaS work, you would need to get a new meta where a pyro is run, as an off-class which is a big "meh". Also it would require INSANE teamwork, and coordination in order to make it work + the scout would need to risk his life in order to go in for a melee kill.

Soldier
Primary:
Rocket Jumper. Fun, yes, practical? No. No damage, therefore useless in comp.
Secondary: Reserve Shooter/Righteous Bison/Panic Attack. One thing they all have in common is that they are way too under powered considering their counterparts. Any banner > RS/RB/PA. Any Boots > RS/RB/PA.
Melee: Standart shovel. All it's counterparts are superior.

Pyro

Primary: Degreaser. It just doesn't work in the current state of pyro. W+M1 is just superior, and considering it does -66% less damage it's just a direct downgrade.
Secondary: Manmelter. Direct downgrade.
Melee: Sharpened Volcano Fragment. In comp the medic is almost never dead. Therefore its only upside would be played out by the healing. Simple and ineffective.

Demoman

Primary: Wee Booties/Bootlegger. Primary > Health
Secondary: Sticky Jumper. Same as Rocket Jumper: Fun, yes, practical? No. No damage, therefore useless in comp.
Melee: Anything BUT stock. (Bottle/Scottish Handshake) Don't wanna go in depth with this one.

Heavy

Primary: Brass Beast. "Welcome to sItTiNg DuCk ThE gAmE"
Secondary: Anything but the Sandwich. Yes the banana is a decent substitution, but it only acts as a small health kit, not medium as the sandwich does. When, and if you run heavy in a comp standpoint, you want to keep that medic alive AT ANY COST. Bring big food, get big victory.
Melee: Warriors Spirit. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

Engineer

Primary: Panic attack. Too many good counterparts
Secondary: Pistol. Too many good counterparts
Melee: Southern Hospitality. Might not be that many pyro's in comp, but its still a downgrade imo.

Medic

Primary: Stock. Crossbow is just superior in every way
Secondary: N/A
Melee: Anything but Übersaw & Vita-saw. They are just superior, and the only other good option Solemn Vow is banned in comp.

Sniper
Primary: Huntsman & Reskin. Sniper rifles are just too good
Secondary: Cleaner's Carbine. Upsides are bad, downsides are worse.
Melee: Stock and reskins. Anything else is too situational

Spy

Primary: Enforcer. Bad, just dont use it
Secondary: rEd-TaPe-ReCoRdEr. It big succ, dont use
Melee: Big earner. Good in pubs, get oneshot in comp.

Oi! Don't skip!

RulerOfTheFae

Forum Activist
Aug 26, 2017
Canada, Ontario
Pyro
Primary: Degreaser. It just doesn't work in the current state of pyro. W+M1 is just superior, and considering it does -66% less damage it's just a direct downgrade.
Secondary: Manmelter. Direct downgrade.
Melee: Sharpened Volcano Fragment. In comp the medic is almost never dead. Therefore its only upside would be played out by the healing. Simple and ineffective.
Oi! Don't skip!

Degreaser doesn't do 1/3 damage, only 1/3 afterburn, but I prefer it not for damage as stock is quite superior as even pyros take afterburn damage (without gas) but I use it for quickly burning them and using shotgun or flare for most my damage anyways hence why I like it for fast switching, just my opinion.

Reactions: Frussly

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Scout: Sandman (Despite my solid position as a Scout main, I've always hated this weapon. I follow the rule where "any weapon that reduces the health of a low health class is too risky" and its main feature often proved to be a liability. Since its nerf, it really has nothing left but make you easier to kill)
Soldier: Beggar's Bazooka (In my eyes, this is a gimmick weapon. Its feature is often too slow to work properly and people who listen for you load and take advantage of it. No ammo from dispensers also makes it more difficult to guard forward sentry nests.)
Pyro: Reserve Shooter (My least favourite weapon in the game due to just how easy it was for Pyros to exploit it, making it badly unfair to play against. Since its nerf, this is better off in the hands of a Soldier than a Pyro since typical kid Pyro mains can't exploit it anymore.)
Demoman: Ullapool Caber (Pretty sure everyone knows what happened to this weapon, it just doesn't have the same potency it used to have.)
Heavy: Buffalo Steak Sandvich (Heavy is slow and better off using ranged weapons. Being forced to use your melee weapons for 16 seconds despite moving slightly faster and dealing mini crits is a quick way to getting yourself killed by smart players who stay out of your melee range.)
Engineer: Pomson 6000 (The projectiles are small and very slow moving, which makes hitting enemies difficult and only really suitable for spy checking.)
Medic: Quick-Fix (Since Medics now move at the same speed of all their heal targets, the only real advantage is being able to rocket or sticky jump with others. It's otherwise very ineffective in combat.)
Sniper: Classic (If you want to headshot enemies without scoping and don't have any other negative side effects, use Huntsman)
Spy: Conniver's Kunai (Much like the Sandman rule but much worse. This weapon is just far too unreliable to be safely used as anything can kill you instantly and the overheal is still badly limited.)

Reactions: Captain Weeb

RulerOfTheFae

Forum Activist
Aug 26, 2017
Canada, Ontario
The short circuit since the updates is now not only viable, extremely useful. Just like how the bison was originally meant to be, it's good at punishing people who run away by hitting them multiple times. The ball is so huge that it's easy to hit targets too and if you're fighting a soldier near your dispenser you can keep destroying his projectiles, using shotgun between shots and using dispenser to regain metal. I feel like AWP is louder than the stock gun though, it's also much more distinct.

Jun 19, 2018
The short circuit since the updates is now not only viable, extremely useful. Just like how the bison was originally meant to be, it's good at punishing people who run away by hitting them multiple times. The ball is so huge that it's easy to hit targets too and if you're fighting a soldier near your dispenser you can keep destroying his projectiles, using shotgun between shots and using dispenser to regain metal. I feel like AWP is louder than the stock gun though, it's also much more distinct.

Wow that was a fast response. I value your point of view and you make good arguements about the short circuit however I just find the other engineer secondaries more viable. The wrangler allows you to target spy’s with your sentry fire at enemies out of your range and to get the shield up to survive massive pushes and you can sentry jump. The pistol allows you to get further distance constant damage output. Also about the awp. I’m a die hard CS:GO fan so I just prefer it to stock and the body shot weapons seem more viable to me.

Marko

Jul 3, 2018
Serbia
scout:Baby faces blaster.
soldier: Pain Train.
pyro: manmelter
demo:scottish resistance
heavy:warriors spirrit
engie: southern hospitality
medic:vitasaw or stock syringe gun
sniper:sydney sleeper
spy: enforcer

Smiley

May 19, 2018
Poland
Scout:
- Primary: Baby Face's Blaster
- Secondary: Crit-o-Cola
- Melee: Sun on a stick
Soldier:
- Primary: Stock (In my opinion)
- Secondary Stock
- Melee: Pain Train
Pyro:
- Primary: Phlogistinator (Seriously. Even if you get crits you still can't defend against Soldiers and Demos. And enemy can just kill you when you finish Mphmmm taunt.)
- Secondary: Manmelter
- Melee: Stock
Demoman:
- Primary: Stock (My opinion)
- Secondary: Scottish Resistance
- Melee: Paint Train
Heavy:
- Primary: Huo Long Heater
- Secondary: Stock
- Melee: Warrior's Spirit
Engineer:
- Primary: Any that is not Stock (Again - my opinion.)
- Secondary: Short Circuit
Medic:
- Primary: Stock
- Secondary: Quick Fix
- Melee: Vita Saw and Ubersaw
Sniper:
- Primary: The Classic
- Secondary: Any SMG that Sniper has
- Melee: The Shahanschah
Spy:
- Primary: Enforcer
- Secondary: Red Tape Recorder
- Invisibility Watch: Dead Ringer

benz

MISSING IN ACTION.
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 3, 2018
California
Scout - Baby Face's Blaster.
Double, maybe even triple jumping, is quite a necessity for such a mobile class.

Soldier - Rocket Jumper.
Trolldier.

Pyro - Hot Hand.
A lot better alternatives and the base damage is only 28.

Heavy - Dalokohs Bar.
You're better off with the Sandvich. You slowly gain health over a duration of time, while the Sandvich instantly brings you back to full health.

Demoman - Pain Train.
You still retain the bullet damage vulnerability even if you're not equipping it.

Engineer - The Southern Hospitality.
20% fire damage vulnerability AND no random critical hits? Simply a downgrade from stock.

Medic - The Vaccinator.
You're probably going up against bullets, flames, and explosions all at the same time. Uber build rate is ridiculously slow, along with overheal. Situational, at best.

Sniper - SMG/Cleaner's Carbine.
Very underwhelming, damage-wise.

Spy - Big Earner.
25 HP loss for base health means you'll die more often, which means longer spawn time.

Last edited:

Zaphr

Jun 22, 2018
Ohio
Scout - Wrap Assassin.
It has almost no uses unless you only want to annoy the enemy.

Soldier -
Pain Train
The capture rate is not worth the 10% bullet damage.

Pyro -
Hot Hand
Its a fun meme weapon but in actual use its not very good.

Heavy -
The Eviction Notice
The speed is not worth the health drain.

Demoman - The Ullapool Caber
No need to explain.

Engineer -
The Jag
The Engi relies on his buildings and if you can't keep them alive you can't keep youself alive.

Medic -
The Overdose
The only way to get a positive out of this is to have have full Uber and have this gun out. A normal medic would almost always have the Medigun out.

Sniper -
Cleaner's Carbine
Its fun to mess around with the mini-crits but its the only other SMG and seems worse than the base version.

Spy -
Big Earner
The health trade off for backstabs maybe worth it for some but it isn't worth it for his such small Health Pool.

Mygiwara

Oct 6, 2020
Scout:
Primary: Backscatter
Secondary: Crit-a-Cola
Melee: Fan o' War

Soldier:
Primary: Cow Mangler 5000
Secondary: Righteous Bison
Melee: Pain Train

Pyro:
Primary: Dragon's Fury