What is everyone's top worst weapon for each class?

Smug Rebellion

Master Rebeller
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Apr 7, 2020
Inside the Cells of Jailbreak
Hopefully no one will get mad at my choices so here we go!

Scout: For scouts primary I would have to go with the Shortstop. The weapon overall isn’t bad it’s just that when I compare it to the other weapons I just see the others being so much better even when comparing it to baby face. Secondary would be bonk atomic punch because the idea of immunity than having it so than when you take damage as any kind you gain 1,000 pounds sucks. Melee would be stock bat it’s just not that good.

Soldier: For soldier it would have to be the direct hit. Overused af and just an overall annoying weapon when used properly. Secondary would be the B.A.S.E Jumper. I only see this used if someone is trying to do the air strike base jumper combo or learning how to hit market gardens and after the nerf it sucks. Melee would have to be stock same reason with the scout melee.

Pyro: For pyro it has to be the back burner on the basis of you can’t air blast effectively as the other flamethrowers. Secondary is the gas passer, I never see this used after the jg inferno update and it’s just not a very good weapon. Melee has to be sharpened volcano fragment because everything this melee can do, pyros other weapons can do better.

Demoman: For stock I was tied but, ultimately I went with the B.A.S.E Jumper and it’s for the same reason as soldier but, now you can harass snipers with the skull-cutter and caber. Secondary has to be the quickie bomb. Just because the other grenade launchers are generally better because they are more reliable that this thing. Melee is caber and I think we all know why.

Heavy: For heavy it has to be the Natasha. It’s stupid as hell and it’s a pain to deal with if he is up close in your face and you are a soldier, demo, or scout. For his secondaries it has to the the Buffalo steak sandvich. There is just no point in having this thing in the game because of the fact that heavy is a slow class that doesn’t need his melee to mini crit and stay on the melee for 16 seconds.

Engineer: For engine this was tough because I used to main this dude so I think I would have to go with the pomson because of the projectile being so little and it’s annoying to deal with when trying to kill a target that’s a couple feet away. Secondary is tough but, I would have to go with short circuit because of the primary mechanic and it not doing damage until you’ve hit the target for at least 3 times or maybe even 10. Melee is the southern hospitality because of how bad it is compared to the other wrenches.

Medic: Now medic is a tough one but, overall I would have to say the kritzkreig because of the Uber and it not healing the team as much but, more or less as a damage dealing medi gun. Secondary is stock just because of how bad it is. Melee I would have to do the vita-saw because of the organ harvest mechanic being weird as hell and can only really see it as a battle medic item.

Sniper: Iwould have to go with hitman heatseeker because it’s a bad weapon if you can’t hit your headshots which would be a nightmare to hit body shots because it does like reduced damage on body shots. Secondary is cleaners carbide and I only ever see this if someone is going bushwaka and huntsman combo. Melee is the tribalmen’s shiv on the basis of how unreliable this item is because of the reduced damage.

Spy: For spy his primary would be the enforcer because of how bad it is and is only effective if they have a kritkrieg medic pocketing them. Melee would be the eternal reward because of how disguises don’t fool people anymore as much as it used to back than unless you are an acting god and the enemy team can’t find you want so ever. Watched if I had to choose would be the cloak and dagger on the basis of how fast the invis drains itself. For the sappers it would be red tape recorder because of how unreliable it is unless the entire team is filled to the brim with engie’s.

Malfunction

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 1, 2018
Scout:
Flying Guillotine - Ever since it lost it's crit ability, it's just not as useful as scout's various pistols.

Soldier:
Rocket Jumper - Only really used for le funni shovel loadout that doesn't work most of the time, especially if you're on any map other than Hightower.
inb4 "BUT SO AND SO DID GOOD WITH IT LOOK AT THIS FRAG MONTAGE"

Pyro:
Fire axe Alongside the other all-class melee's and the Lollichop. - The Third Degree is literally a straight upgrade with no downsides compared to stock, so why bother.

Demoman:

Pain Train - Useless unless you're playing on a map with Payload Carts or Control Points, and even then it isn't worth the extra damage taken.
This could apply to soldier tbh.

Heavy:
Eviction Notice - The speed isn't worth the health drain and low damage.

Engineer:
Pomson 6000 - The projectile is too slow, and it's ability isn't useful enough.

Medic:
Solemn Vow - The ability to see health isn't really that good for Medic.

Sniper:
Razorback - If you're inattentive enough that you need this, the Spy can probably just shoot you to death once he's sneaked up on you. Especially if they have the Ambassador.

Spy:
Enforcer - Compared to the other revolvers, it's ability isn't very good.

Last edited:

Mygiwara

Oct 6, 2020
Reasoning Behind my Picks

Scout:
Primary: Backscatter(Upside is Useless)
Secondary: Crit-a-Cola(Marked While Using)
Melee: Fan o' War(Upside is Useless)

Soldier:
Primary: Cow Mangler 5000(Can't Crit)
Secondary: Righteous Bison(The Rocket Launcher Exists)
Melee: Pain Train(Useless on CTF)

Pyro:
Primary: Dragon's Fury(RIP WM1)
Secondary: Gas Passer(Jarate Downgrade)
Melee: Sharpened *SIGH* Volcano :( Fragment(Useless against Other Pyros)

Demoman:
Primary: Loch n' Load(The Loose Cannon Exists, Too)
Secondary: Nah
Melee: ULLAPOOL CABER(I would Rather use the Wrap Assassin)

Heavy:
Primary: Huo-Long Heater(Upside is Useless(Especially when compared to the Brass Beast))
Secondary: Buffalo Steak Sandvich(Just use the Regular Sandvich)
Melee: Eviction Notice(Upside is Useless)

Engineer:
Primary: Pomson 6000(Why the Frontier Justice is far Superior)
Secondary: Short Circuit(The Wrangler Exists as Well)
Melee: *SIGH* THE GUNSLINGER AKA THE BIGGEST PAIN IN THE A--

Medic:
Primary: Overdose(Not Actually Bad But That's Why the Vita-Saw Exists)
Secondary: Vaccinator(Uber is Weak af)
Melee: Solemn Vow(Upside is Useless)

Sniper:
Primary: Sydney Sleeper(NO HEADSHOT)
Secondary: Darwin's Danger Shield(Kinda Viable because Thermal Thruster Exists)
Melee: Shahanshah(Upside is Useless)

Spy:
Primary: Enforcer(Upside is Useless)
Melee: Big Earner(Upside is Useless)

SiNine9

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 26, 2020
Alrighty, so this took a while. Anyways, I know this is big, but I like writing about this stuff soo yeah. Also, I am fully aware that this original post was top worst out of all slots, but I liked what people were doing with doing every weapon slot. Anyways, I hope you get something from reading this. Enjoy.

Scout

Primary -
Baby Face's Blaster.

Do I need to say anything about this? Not using double jump is just a bad idea, and this weapon punishes you for double jumping. It takes 100 damage to get full speed, and you need to take, what is it 15? 25 damage? It is absurd. Go with stock, you have enough movement speed already. Clip size is also a big downside, which can decide your fate in some situations. Personally, most of my competitive TF2 experience is as scout, and although I am not the greatest player, I can assure you that double jump is invaluable. If you like the way the Baby Face’s plays, then go for it, but this is not a casual look at weapons, and in my opinion, this is purely a downgrade to stock.

Secondary - Bonk! Atomic Punch

Invincibility! Wow what could be the trade-off? Well, let us think about the purpose of this drink. I think the first thing that comes to mind is getting past sentries. The problem with this is that you still take knockback. Knockback is the main reason this drink is not usable. It's whole purpose of using your brief invincibility to get behind enemy lines or pass by sentries is almost always nullified if the enemy knows what they're doing, AND you get slowed after the effect based on damage you would have taken. This item just delays the inevitable. Also, we cannot overlook the inability of using the pistol, which is amazing for finishing off enemies. Pistol is used by most competitive players, as it allows you to deal a decent amount of dps at a medium range, and if you run out of scattergun ammo and need to deal with someone, the pistol is amazing.

Melee - The Sandman

How I miss the days of Sandman and Guillotine... But enough crying over spilt mad milk, this is a review on their viability currently! So, scout melees have one actual purpose, and that is utility. Nobody ever uses them to deal damage, you have a shotgun. So, my second choice here would be the candy cane. It makes it possible for you to be one shot by explosives. But the upside is ok. The same cannot be said about The Sandman. The -15 health makes you weaker to everything, unlike the candy cane, and its upside is almost useless in every scenario. Why is slowing people helpful? Running away? Just improve at dodging with your given mobility, dummy! Making it easier to hit them? Uhhh do some mge matches and work on your aim. I fail to see why to use this over wrap assassin.

Soldier

Primary -
Liberty Launcher

First off, I should make it clear that jumping weapons like rocket jumper or sticky jumper will not be considered here as they are technically training tools. Anyways, Liberty launcher is easily the worst. 40% faster rocket speed is a crutch honestly, if you work on your aim with stock, there is no need for this buff. -25% damage from rocket jumps? Use the gunboats if you want to go flying around the map. 25% is not that much when it comes to rocket jumps, and without gunboats you will not be doing long rollouts anyways. And the damage nerf... See therefore I will never use this weapon. 25% less damage on each rocket. I do not think I need to say more. This could mean killing a scout could take a third rocket. Even though you have one more rocket in a clip, I would much rather just kill them right away with stock.

Secondary - Righteous Bison

Its glory days are over and have been for a while. It is now a shell of its former self that feels as though you are poking people with. Before it was great against enemies who were retreating, but not so much anymore. And who really cares about infinite ammo honestly. I am not going to say anything else, this one is too obvious.

Melee - Stock Shovel

Why would you ever use this? You have a strange one? We do not care about stranges here, we are looking purely at stats! That being said, this is just a normal melee, and because it's a normal melee you're saying "I don't want crits when I rocket jump!" or "I don't want to whip my teammates to get speed boosts and utilize the better range!" or "I don't care about retreating quickly!" Soldier has a lot of exciting options for melee to switch up your gameplay. Do not be boring, pick a fun one.

Pyro

Primary -
Phlogistinator

Come on man, the only reason you would ever use this is if you are an evil W+M1 pyro. Not only is that a boring way to play with almost nowhere to go in terms of skill with, but it makes everyone else hate you too. Sure, Phlog + a medic buddy = a fun time spawncamping, but for your average pyro, the INABILITY to airblast is a price you will not want to pay. Used to counter any classes that relied on projectiles to a certain extent with any other flamethrower, but then you decided you wanted crits (Which are activated by taunting which gives anyone with a brain enough time to prepare your certain death) and so you are now countered by them. Have fun dying repeatedly and having your team wish you could extinguish them and defend buildings and your teammates from rockets/grenades.

Secondary - Gas Passer

Absolutely useless. Cannot refill it by going to resupply cabinet, if you deal no damage it takes 60 seconds, and when you do have it, all it does is make people burn from anything. That’s it. No thanks, I think I will stick to my flare gun or shotgun. I feel like pyro gets a bad wrap honestly. Everyone just calls him the W+M1 class, and although it can feel like that sometimes, when a pyro uses flare gun and is good at it, or reflects extremely well, I feel like they deserve more respect than they get.

Melee - Sharpened Volcano Fragment

Same thing as Soldier, except now there is something worse than even a generic melee weapon. Why would you use this? You can set people on fire with your flamethrower already man, no need to do so with melee, let alone deal with the damage down which is 20% less... Powerjack, Back Scratcher, even Axtinguisher offer at least a side grade. This weapon does look cool, but it matters what is on the inside, not the outside.

Demoman

Primary – Loose Cannon

Now this hurts me. I love the Loose Cannon. Before I continue, I will say that I am going to categorize demoknight as a fully separate class here. Anyways, back to the Loose Cannon. This really hurts me to admit, but the loose cannon falls behind in almost every way from other grenade launchers. Iron Bomber is so close to stock that I consider the only real other side grade to be the Loch n’ Load, which is not getting a spot as worst weapon for a few reasons. Number one for me, is that if you play hybrid knight a lot, Loch n’ Load is really good, allowing you to destroy sentries fairly quickly, or finish off fleeing enemies. I prefer stock grenade launcher when I play hybrid knight due to my muscle memory getting completely messed up when I use Loch n’ Load. The Loose Cannon is here because its dps is just so unreliable. In lazypurple’s recent video, he mentioned that the Loose Cannon is a sort of replacement for the stickybomb launcher, and although it is true to an extent, it is just so unreliable, and I mean, it is really fun, it’s a great weapon to play around with, loose cannon jumps are awesome, add a tide turner and the Claidheamh-Mòr for insane mobility and a super fun Demoknight time. If you get great at this weapon and can abuse double donks, you’ll be a force to be reckoned with, but it takes so long to get to that point and the damage won’t ever be as reliable as stock. Sorry Loose Cannon.

Secondary – Scottish Resistance

This weapon is for those of you who like staring at hallways all game. The looking at stickies to detonate them is a big downside in my opinion. When I am looking at a sticky trap, I like to have it at the edge of my screen, so that my instant death trap doesn’t take my full attention, and I can focus on the rest of the game instead. Now, besides this, which is my second least favourite part of this weapon, the 0.8 second longer priming time is just stupid. Sticky spam, as annoying as it is, can save your life sometimes. The best way to use the Stickybomb launcher is to mix traps and sticky spam. You have 8 bombs in that thing, if you run out of grenades, you have got it to fall back on. Now, if you are using the Scottish Resistance, you do not have this option. A second in a game like TF2 is a lot of time, and you cannot use that time waiting for a bomb to prime in order to kill someone who is running at you. Unless they have no brain, they will get around it. Basically, as you can see, I think stock demoman is the best.

Melee – Ullapool Caber

This weapon used to be fun. One shotting light classes was not unbalanced due to the massive damage you would take, and the loss of the explosive ability on the weapon. Currently, the weapon is unusable. I see literally one actual use for this weapon, and that is jumping with it. If you just crouch on the ground at swing at your feet, this thing can actually launch you pretty far up, but come on man, just get better at sticky jumping so you can use a better melee. Now, one thing to remember is that SOMETIMES this weapon will kill light classes. I do not know what makes it happen, but it will deal that little bit of extra damage, but unless that becomes the norm, this weapon will be the worst melee option for Demoman. As a heads-up, I will not consider this for Demoknight, as it would easily be last, and I would like to rate the swords.

Demoknight

Primary –
N/A

I am not considering this hybrid knight. If you are playing Demoknight use booties or bootlegger. As a brief answer for hybrid knight, Loose Cannon once again.

Secondary – Tide Turner

I know this section is going to be controversial. I need to give a warning right now that NONE of Demoman’s shields are bad, literally none of them. Now, that being said, the reason I put Tide Turner here is not because I am ignorant towards the existence of trimping, no, in fact I believe I can trimp fairly well, and I use this shield often. The reason this is here is because unless you are trimping, and doing it consistently and well, this shield will have significantly less value than the others, giving much less resistance, no crits on a full distance charge, and the ability to have your entire charge ruined by some damage. As far as I have seen, the general Demoknight player base are not slope-abusing trimp gods who soar across the map, I can’t do it either, or because of this I find myself using chargin’ targe 90% of the time.

Melee - Claidheamh-Mòr

As I said in my paragraph about the Loose Cannon, this weapon is fun with that trimping mobility style build, But I cannot bring myself to putting other weapons lower than this. The damage taken from everything while this weapon is active is detrimental to any player and is the sole reason this is a bad weapon. Here is a quick little example. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but with this weapon, a shield, and boots, you have 200 health. Now, you take 15% more damage from everything, making your effective health equal to 170. As a Demoknight, who is supposed to get into the enemy’s face and hopefully live, this weapon goes against the whole purpose. Now, to be fair, the Tide Turner, which you will probably be using with this, counteracts the damage when going against fire and explosives, but man, you’re in melee range, melees deal more damage, and let’s be real, bullets are a Demoknight’s real worst enemy.

Heavy

Primary –
Brass Beast

This was between the Huo-Long Heater and this. Personally, I think that the Huo-Long Heater gives at least two benefits. One is that it is very good at being a cart heavy, due to the ammo spent not being an issue, and so the only downside is 10% less damage, which keep in mind is a lot, but heavy can still melt people (haha fire melts) with this weapon nonetheless, and in comparison to the downsides of the Brass Beast is nothing. The one other good part of the Huo-Long Heater is NOT dealing with spies, remember, they can jump, and most of them know that by now. Its true second use is literally just combos with sun on a stick, or flare gun pyros. That is all. Now, to the Brass Beast. The 50% slower spin-up speed is so bad it makes playing heavy an idle clicker game, couple that with the 60% slower move speed and you’ve got a weapon that makes you feel like you’re playing a clicker game, or are literally becoming a sentry gun. Being a cart heavy is this weapon’s one ok part, but honestly as I said, use Huo-Long Heater for that if that is fun for you. Brass beast does deal a huge amount of damage, and makes you take less, but by the time you would get to use those bonuses you are usually already dead.

Secondary – Buffalo Steak Sandvich

Come on, there is only one type of person that uses this weapon, and that is the JoJo’s heavy running around spamming ORAORAORAORA in chat while he punches people before dying in about three seconds. This weapon is so inferior to every other secondary literally only because you lose your primary. Heavy’s primary is so good, and your main source of damage, and ditching that for literally just mini-crits, and more movement speed, at the cost of not only the loss of the primary but also 20% more damage from everything. This sandvich is only good for healing others as it is the same as the normal Sandvich for that.

Melee – Eviction Notice

This is only for JoJo’s fans as well (which I never understood because Star Platinum does not use brass knuckles) and if you use it for any other reason you have probably lost your mind. This weapon does 26 damage on a normal hit, for the bonus of swinging faster, and gaining move speed on hit (and a bit just normally). This would be enough of a side grade, with clear downsides and upsides, but then there is the health drain. This weapon drains 5 health per second to a minimum of 100, and this is MAX health, so you need to wait for it to regen after using this weapon. It is so bad I have never used it past the one time since the nerf.

Engineer

Primary –
Pomson 6000

I almost wish this were not here so I could form a controversial opinion on which out of the others is the worst, but this is undoubtedly the worst one. Pretty much the only upside of this weapon is that you can bully Medic and Spy players. The clip size nerf, and damage nerf to buildings is not that bad, but the real reason this weapon sucks is because it is not a shotgun. The rescue ranger is so broken that it does not matter that you are almost defenseless with it, the same cannot be said for this abomination of red and grey metal. Because it isn’t a shotgun, and it’s really awkward to use, you’re basically defenseless with this thing, only being able to poke unfortunate souls from a long range, and take some of the enemy Spy’s cloak or the Medic’s uber with you to the grave.

Secondary – Pistol

The second stock weapon on my list, but this is a fun one. Engineer’s secondaries, (excluding the broken mess of the Wrangler) although there are only two, they are now balanced. Personally, I suck with the short circuit, but it can be used to great extent to counter projectile classes and works well on offense on payload due to the metal from the cart, or battle engi. Pistol is nice, giving you another form of defense other than your shotgun or sentry, (or wrench for spies I guess) in order to finish off lower enemies or poke. Now, I said this was one of scouts best secondaries earlier, but with Engineer unfortunately, even though it is a good weapon, I can’t say it’s better than the short circuit, and obviously neither can even compare to the unrivaled power of the Wrangler.

Melee – Southern Hospitality

If you did not see this coming, then you probably do not know much about current engineer. Uncle Dane, the canonical engineer from Team Defense Fortress the Second, said that the bleed is not going to help, because the downside of no random critical hits, which you are more likely to get as an engineer due to most of the work being done by your sentry, and melees having a higher crit chance (this is true by the way) means you won’t be able to one shot people. Now, I hate talking about random crits when it comes to balance, but I need to mention them here. On servers without random crits, this weapon is actually a pretty balanced wrench, the only downside only showing up in certain scenarios, but as long as random crits are a thing, due to the other wrenches all being pretty viable, this one is the worst for me.

Medic

Primary –
Overdose

So, a warning for medic. I am by no means a medic player. I have played every class extensively, but medic is my least favorite. Anyways. I believe that the Overdose is the worst primary for medic as the upside is honestly kind of weak, and the downside is a bit much. It is tough to decide between the Overdose and the Syringe gun, but my reasoning is that the Overdose seems to be mainly a utility weapon, like the Crusader’s Crossbow. But the Crusader’s Crossbow outshines every other weapon, that when you use the Overdose, you’re kind of indecisive between if you want defense or utility as a primary, but the Overdose is not even a good mix of the two. The stock syringe gun is clearly pure defense, and if you want defense then honestly you should use the Blutsauger, but anyways, the Syringe gun is still decent self defense, and the overdose’s upside to compensate for that is something that can easily be achieved by learning to surf damage.

Secondary – Vaccinator

I honestly wanted to put the Quick-Fix here, but I cannot for a few reasons. One is that the Quick-Fix can be abused to an extreme extent to rollout a medic way faster than usual, it is banned in most competitive for that reason. It is also exceptionally good at keeping a team healed up and builds uber quite fast due to how the overheal nerf works. Now, do not get me wrong, the Vaccinator is powerful, but I think that even though a Vaccinator medic who knows what he’s doing, and a good soldier, for example, can wipe a server, the downside of not having the kritz uber, stock uber, or even Quick-Fix uber (which is very nice at healing up a team as well, and heals the medic) makes this weapon too unreliable. It is very good in certain situations. In a scenario where the enemy team has good snipers, heavies, or other stacks of one damage type, this weapon is amazing, and a good player can even make it useful against a wide array of damage types. But once again, I must mention uber. Come on guys, 8 seconds of invulnerability, guaranteed critical hits, or knockback immunity and extreme healing? I cannot give that up for 4 mini ubers.

Melee – Amputator

This one is honestly not that hard of a decision. Solemn vow isn’t very good, but the downside is not that intense, still allowing you to one shot demos, pyros, and below with a random crit, which medics are very prone to receiving after healing for a long time, which is why I feel it appropriate to mention them here. Amputator’s inability to one shot those two classes is dangerous, and the inability to two shot most light classes is also a big downside. But here comes the real problem. The main upside is useless, and the secondary upside (+3 health per second on wearer WHILE ACTIVE) is almost useless due to you needing to have it out. I get why you need to have it out, and it’s to survive while doing your shitty heal taunt because you can’t manage your teammates’ health properly and need an easy way to do it, and what is your punishment for that? Death. You will die if you use this. Not to mention the ramp-up needed to benefit from the +3 health per second, which is cancelled if you take any damage. I do not think I really need to convince you further. Ubersaw and Vita-Saw are the kings, saying anything else is denial.

Sniper

Primary –
Classic

I hear a lot of people Piss on the Sydney Sleeper (see what I did there 😉) but it is not actually that bad of a weapon. I personally cannot stand it, as I really like getting headshots, but I can understand why people would choose the Sydney Sleeper over stock, and I can see its advantages and disadvantages. But then there is the Classic. The only reason you should use this is if you like seeing people explode, but even then, just lay down a sticky trap as demo and watch it happen to like 3 people at once? This weapon’s downsides are way too extreme for its legitimate single real upside. What is that upside you may ask? Oh, it is the fact that you can charge outside of zoom. That’s it. And in return, no headshots unless fully charged, Shots leave a tracer, and 10% less damage on bodyshots. This weapon is too bad to even be considered in actual use. It’s fun, probably won’t be changed because it exists as a nostalgic item, but because of that, it’s going in the garbage for me.

Secondary – Razorback

This is the backpack that we all know is probably the worst for sniper, but we put on because GOD DAMNIT ANOTHER SPY BACKSTABBED ME. I have had a few instances where I hear a spy uncloak behind me, and flick around and headshot him. This proves that there are options against spies besides… Dying? If you do not have razorback. Now, the razorback actually has a weird downside I’ve found, (not statistical) in that you get comfortable in the idea that this will keep you safe from spies, and as you are charging up your shot to get that damn heavy who keeps killing your team with his medic, you get shot three times with a stock revolver, or twice with amby or diamondback. It is a guilty pleasure I guess you could say. It is easy for me to tell you to simply listen to your game, but come on, 99% of sniper players are listening to some sort of music, and because of this we use a weapon that we know is bad, but we use it because it’s easy. Anyways, statistically this weapon’s downside is too harsh for its upside in that supposing you have a good medic, this weapon destroys the use of his overheal, making your prior worst nightmare, spies, into a slightly less scary thing, but snipers a real threat.

Melee – Shahanshah

Sniper does not have many unlockable melee weapons, and most are not that exciting, but this one for me is the worst. I’m going to keep this brief because my reasoning is simple, and the stats of this weapon are also simple. Basically, by the time you make use of its upside, your health is already low to a point where getting in melee range is dangerous. That’s really it to this weapon. I personally stick to Bushwacka or stock, and tribalman’s shiv can even be useful, but this, I haven’t used in years.

Spy

Primary –
Enforcer

Well we’re here, the final class. I have written much more than I thought I would, but for now I must continue, the finish line is just in sight! Anyways, back to the purpose of this thing. This weapon is a fallen star. I remember when this weapon was actually fun, and useful, some would say overpowered even, but now, thanks to spy’s diverse choice of useful revolvers, offering skill based crits, less skill based crits, consistent damage, or pure utility, this once glorious gun has fallen into uselessness basically only because of the upside only really helping in killing snipers, or vacc medics, but even then, you literally have a vacc medic’s worst nightmare in your pocket… A KNIFE. This weapon is not usable. It is essentially a straight downgrade to stock besides killing snipers. I really hope this weapon gets changed somehow if there ever is another update.

Secondary – Red-Tape Recorder

Writing about this is almost the most useless thing I have ever done. This weapon is literally only useful if you are fighting an oblivious gunslinger engi. That is it. I do not even know why I’m writing about this, this weapon is a joke, with its only interesting property being an easter egg. I’m just gonna end this one here.

Melee – Big Earner

Ah the bread and butter knife of spy. Unfortunately, this weapon is only good at spreading butter, and not particularly good at stabbing backs. Well, truthfully, it is fine at stabbing backs, but the downside is too crazy. All of you should know what 100 health means, but if you do not, let me remind you. One pill? Dead. One rocket at a close enough distance? Dead. Soldier being one of the most popular classes in the game, this downside is immense, same with demo, and although the upside is fun, as all other knives can boast, the downside is the worst of all of the knives for what it does. Kunai gets away with the 70 max health because of the overheal bonus, but this weapon’s method of living is giving you some movement speed and cloak. Sorry, but if I want to think I’m a pro chainstabber I’ll go with YER (Your Eternal Reward) or Kunai. This weapon used to be my favorite knife when I was learning, but now I have left it in the dust.

Watch – Cloak and Dagger

Like the Red-Tape Recorder but not quite as bad, I’ve always seen this as the absolute worst. I may be biased here, but in my opinion sitting in one spot is a sure-fire way to get killed, or end up doing nothing waiting for the perfect opportunity, and I get that that is the purpose of this watch, but spy is most effective when playing an active playstyle, and this watch discourages it not only with the upside, but also in the downside which makes it use a lot of your cloak meter. This is my most biased answer here, as I honestly think that each of these watches has their ups and downs, but this one for me is too against what I see as the ideal playstyle for a Spy.

If you made it this far, I sincerely appreciate you for reading this. I put a lot of effort and time into it, and all I want is for people to see it. Seriously, thank you for reading. Let me know if you want me to write about any other TF2-related thing, I probably have an opinion on it.

Mygiwara

Oct 6, 2020
Alrighty, so this took a while. Anyways, I know this is big, but I like writing about this stuff soo yeah. Also, I am fully aware that this original post was top worst out of all slots, but I liked what people were doing with doing every weapon slot. Anyways, I hope you get something from reading this. Enjoy.

Scout

Primary -
Baby Face's Blaster.

Do I need to say anything about this? Not using double jump is just a bad idea, and this weapon punishes you for double jumping. It takes 100 damage to get full speed, and you need to take, what is it 15? 25 damage? It is absurd. Go with stock, you have enough movement speed already. Clip size is also a big downside, which can decide your fate in some situations. Personally, most of my competitive TF2 experience is as scout, and although I am not the greatest player, I can assure you that double jump is invaluable. If you like the way the Baby Face’s plays, then go for it, but this is not a casual look at weapons, and in my opinion, this is purely a downgrade to stock.

Secondary - Bonk! Atomic Punch

Invincibility! Wow what could be the trade-off? Well, let us think about the purpose of this drink. I think the first thing that comes to mind is getting past sentries. The problem with this is that you still take knockback. Knockback is the main reason this drink is not usable. It's whole purpose of using your brief invincibility to get behind enemy lines or pass by sentries is almost always nullified if the enemy knows what they're doing, AND you get slowed after the effect based on damage you would have taken. This item just delays the inevitable. Also, we cannot overlook the inability of using the pistol, which is amazing for finishing off enemies. Pistol is used by most competitive players, as it allows you to deal a decent amount of dps at a medium range, and if you run out of scattergun ammo and need to deal with someone, the pistol is amazing.

Melee - The Sandman

How I miss the days of Sandman and Guillotine... But enough crying over spilt mad milk, this is a review on their viability currently! So, scout melees have one actual purpose, and that is utility. Nobody ever uses them to deal damage, you have a shotgun. So, my second choice here would be the candy cane. It makes it possible for you to be one shot by explosives. But the upside is ok. The same cannot be said about The Sandman. The -15 health makes you weaker to everything, unlike the candy cane, and its upside is almost useless in every scenario. Why is slowing people helpful? Running away? Just improve at dodging with your given mobility, dummy! Making it easier to hit them? Uhhh do some mge matches and work on your aim. I fail to see why to use this over wrap assassin.

Soldier

Primary -
Liberty Launcher

First off, I should make it clear that jumping weapons like rocket jumper or sticky jumper will not be considered here as they are technically training tools. Anyways, Liberty launcher is easily the worst. 40% faster rocket speed is a crutch honestly, if you work on your aim with stock, there is no need for this buff. -25% damage from rocket jumps? Use the gunboats if you want to go flying around the map. 25% is not that much when it comes to rocket jumps, and without gunboats you will not be doing long rollouts anyways. And the damage nerf... See therefore I will never use this weapon. 25% less damage on each rocket. I do not think I need to say more. This could mean killing a scout could take a third rocket. Even though you have one more rocket in a clip, I would much rather just kill them right away with stock.

Secondary - Righteous Bison

Its glory days are over and have been for a while. It is now a shell of its former self that feels as though you are poking people with. Before it was great against enemies who were retreating, but not so much anymore. And who really cares about infinite ammo honestly. I am not going to say anything else, this one is too obvious.

Melee - Stock Shovel

Why would you ever use this? You have a strange one? We do not care about stranges here, we are looking purely at stats! That being said, this is just a normal melee, and because it's a normal melee you're saying "I don't want crits when I rocket jump!" or "I don't want to whip my teammates to get speed boosts and utilize the better range!" or "I don't care about retreating quickly!" Soldier has a lot of exciting options for melee to switch up your gameplay. Do not be boring, pick a fun one.

Pyro

Primary -
Phlogistinator

Come on man, the only reason you would ever use this is if you are an evil W+M1 pyro. Not only is that a boring way to play with almost nowhere to go in terms of skill with, but it makes everyone else hate you too. Sure, Phlog + a medic buddy = a fun time spawncamping, but for your average pyro, the INABILITY to airblast is a price you will not want to pay. Used to counter any classes that relied on projectiles to a certain extent with any other flamethrower, but then you decided you wanted crits (Which are activated by taunting which gives anyone with a brain enough time to prepare your certain death) and so you are now countered by them. Have fun dying repeatedly and having your team wish you could extinguish them and defend buildings and your teammates from rockets/grenades.

Secondary - Gas Passer

Absolutely useless. Cannot refill it by going to resupply cabinet, if you deal no damage it takes 60 seconds, and when you do have it, all it does is make people burn from anything. That’s it. No thanks, I think I will stick to my flare gun or shotgun. I feel like pyro gets a bad wrap honestly. Everyone just calls him the W+M1 class, and although it can feel like that sometimes, when a pyro uses flare gun and is good at it, or reflects extremely well, I feel like they deserve more respect than they get.

Melee - Sharpened Volcano Fragment

Same thing as Soldier, except now there is something worse than even a generic melee weapon. Why would you use this? You can set people on fire with your flamethrower already man, no need to do so with melee, let alone deal with the damage down which is 20% less... Powerjack, Back Scratcher, even Axtinguisher offer at least a side grade. This weapon does look cool, but it matters what is on the inside, not the outside.

Demoman

Primary – Loose Cannon

Now this hurts me. I love the Loose Cannon. Before I continue, I will say that I am going to categorize demoknight as a fully separate class here. Anyways, back to the Loose Cannon. This really hurts me to admit, but the loose cannon falls behind in almost every way from other grenade launchers. Iron Bomber is so close to stock that I consider the only real other side grade to be the Loch n’ Load, which is not getting a spot as worst weapon for a few reasons. Number one for me, is that if you play hybrid knight a lot, Loch n’ Load is really good, allowing you to destroy sentries fairly quickly, or finish off fleeing enemies. I prefer stock grenade launcher when I play hybrid knight due to my muscle memory getting completely messed up when I use Loch n’ Load. The Loose Cannon is here because its dps is just so unreliable. In lazypurple’s recent video, he mentioned that the Loose Cannon is a sort of replacement for the stickybomb launcher, and although it is true to an extent, it is just so unreliable, and I mean, it is really fun, it’s a great weapon to play around with, loose cannon jumps are awesome, add a tide turner and the Claidheamh-Mòr for insane mobility and a super fun Demoknight time. If you get great at this weapon and can abuse double donks, you’ll be a force to be reckoned with, but it takes so long to get to that point and the damage won’t ever be as reliable as stock. Sorry Loose Cannon.

Secondary – Scottish Resistance

This weapon is for those of you who like staring at hallways all game. The looking at stickies to detonate them is a big downside in my opinion. When I am looking at a sticky trap, I like to have it at the edge of my screen, so that my instant death trap doesn’t take my full attention, and I can focus on the rest of the game instead. Now, besides this, which is my second least favourite part of this weapon, the 0.8 second longer priming time is just stupid. Sticky spam, as annoying as it is, can save your life sometimes. The best way to use the Stickybomb launcher is to mix traps and sticky spam. You have 8 bombs in that thing, if you run out of grenades, you have got it to fall back on. Now, if you are using the Scottish Resistance, you do not have this option. A second in a game like TF2 is a lot of time, and you cannot use that time waiting for a bomb to prime in order to kill someone who is running at you. Unless they have no brain, they will get around it. Basically, as you can see, I think stock demoman is the best.

Melee – Ullapool Caber

This weapon used to be fun. One shotting light classes was not unbalanced due to the massive damage you would take, and the loss of the explosive ability on the weapon. Currently, the weapon is unusable. I see literally one actual use for this weapon, and that is jumping with it. If you just crouch on the ground at swing at your feet, this thing can actually launch you pretty far up, but come on man, just get better at sticky jumping so you can use a better melee. Now, one thing to remember is that SOMETIMES this weapon will kill light classes. I do not know what makes it happen, but it will deal that little bit of extra damage, but unless that becomes the norm, this weapon will be the worst melee option for Demoman. As a heads-up, I will not consider this for Demoknight, as it would easily be last, and I would like to rate the swords.

Demoknight

Primary –
N/A

I am not considering this hybrid knight. If you are playing Demoknight use booties or bootlegger. As a brief answer for hybrid knight, Loose Cannon once again.

Secondary – Tide Turner

I know this section is going to be controversial. I need to give a warning right now that NONE of Demoman’s shields are bad, literally none of them. Now, that being said, the reason I put Tide Turner here is not because I am ignorant towards the existence of trimping, no, in fact I believe I can trimp fairly well, and I use this shield often. The reason this is here is because unless you are trimping, and doing it consistently and well, this shield will have significantly less value than the others, giving much less resistance, no crits on a full distance charge, and the ability to have your entire charge ruined by some damage. As far as I have seen, the general Demoknight player base are not slope-abusing trimp gods who soar across the map, I can’t do it either, or because of this I find myself using chargin’ targe 90% of the time.

Melee - Claidheamh-Mòr

As I said in my paragraph about the Loose Cannon, this weapon is fun with that trimping mobility style build, But I cannot bring myself to putting other weapons lower than this. The damage taken from everything while this weapon is active is detrimental to any player and is the sole reason this is a bad weapon. Here is a quick little example. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but with this weapon, a shield, and boots, you have 200 health. Now, you take 15% more damage from everything, making your effective health equal to 170. As a Demoknight, who is supposed to get into the enemy’s face and hopefully live, this weapon goes against the whole purpose. Now, to be fair, the Tide Turner, which you will probably be using with this, counteracts the damage when going against fire and explosives, but man, you’re in melee range, melees deal more damage, and let’s be real, bullets are a Demoknight’s real worst enemy.

Heavy

Primary –
Brass Beast

This was between the Huo-Long Heater and this. Personally, I think that the Huo-Long Heater gives at least two benefits. One is that it is very good at being a cart heavy, due to the ammo spent not being an issue, and so the only downside is 10% less damage, which keep in mind is a lot, but heavy can still melt people (haha fire melts) with this weapon nonetheless, and in comparison to the downsides of the Brass Beast is nothing. The one other good part of the Huo-Long Heater is NOT dealing with spies, remember, they can jump, and most of them know that by now. Its true second use is literally just combos with sun on a stick, or flare gun pyros. That is all. Now, to the Brass Beast. The 50% slower spin-up speed is so bad it makes playing heavy an idle clicker game, couple that with the 60% slower move speed and you’ve got a weapon that makes you feel like you’re playing a clicker game, or are literally becoming a sentry gun. Being a cart heavy is this weapon’s one ok part, but honestly as I said, use Huo-Long Heater for that if that is fun for you. Brass beast does deal a huge amount of damage, and makes you take less, but by the time you would get to use those bonuses you are usually already dead.

Secondary – Buffalo Steak Sandvich

Come on, there is only one type of person that uses this weapon, and that is the JoJo’s heavy running around spamming ORAORAORAORA in chat while he punches people before dying in about three seconds. This weapon is so inferior to every other secondary literally only because you lose your primary. Heavy’s primary is so good, and your main source of damage, and ditching that for literally just mini-crits, and more movement speed, at the cost of not only the loss of the primary but also 20% more damage from everything. This sandvich is only good for healing others as it is the same as the normal Sandvich for that.

Melee – Eviction Notice

This is only for JoJo’s fans as well (which I never understood because Star Platinum does not use brass knuckles) and if you use it for any other reason you have probably lost your mind. This weapon does 26 damage on a normal hit, for the bonus of swinging faster, and gaining move speed on hit (and a bit just normally). This would be enough of a side grade, with clear downsides and upsides, but then there is the health drain. This weapon drains 5 health per second to a minimum of 100, and this is MAX health, so you need to wait for it to regen after using this weapon. It is so bad I have never used it past the one time since the nerf.

Engineer

Primary –
Pomson 6000

I almost wish this were not here so I could form a controversial opinion on which out of the others is the worst, but this is undoubtedly the worst one. Pretty much the only upside of this weapon is that you can bully Medic and Spy players. The clip size nerf, and damage nerf to buildings is not that bad, but the real reason this weapon sucks is because it is not a shotgun. The rescue ranger is so broken that it does not matter that you are almost defenseless with it, the same cannot be said for this abomination of red and grey metal. Because it isn’t a shotgun, and it’s really awkward to use, you’re basically defenseless with this thing, only being able to poke unfortunate souls from a long range, and take some of the enemy Spy’s cloak or the Medic’s uber with you to the grave.

Secondary – Pistol

The second stock weapon on my list, but this is a fun one. Engineer’s secondaries, (excluding the broken mess of the Wrangler) although there are only two, they are now balanced. Personally, I suck with the short circuit, but it can be used to great extent to counter projectile classes and works well on offense on payload due to the metal from the cart, or battle engi. Pistol is nice, giving you another form of defense other than your shotgun or sentry, (or wrench for spies I guess) in order to finish off lower enemies or poke. Now, I said this was one of scouts best secondaries earlier, but with Engineer unfortunately, even though it is a good weapon, I can’t say it’s better than the short circuit, and obviously neither can even compare to the unrivaled power of the Wrangler.

Melee – Southern Hospitality

If you did not see this coming, then you probably do not know much about current engineer. Uncle Dane, the canonical engineer from Team Defense Fortress the Second, said that the bleed is not going to help, because the downside of no random critical hits, which you are more likely to get as an engineer due to most of the work being done by your sentry, and melees having a higher crit chance (this is true by the way) means you won’t be able to one shot people. Now, I hate talking about random crits when it comes to balance, but I need to mention them here. On servers without random crits, this weapon is actually a pretty balanced wrench, the only downside only showing up in certain scenarios, but as long as random crits are a thing, due to the other wrenches all being pretty viable, this one is the worst for me.

Medic

Primary –
Overdose

So, a warning for medic. I am by no means a medic player. I have played every class extensively, but medic is my least favorite. Anyways. I believe that the Overdose is the worst primary for medic as the upside is honestly kind of weak, and the downside is a bit much. It is tough to decide between the Overdose and the Syringe gun, but my reasoning is that the Overdose seems to be mainly a utility weapon, like the Crusader’s Crossbow. But the Crusader’s Crossbow outshines every other weapon, that when you use the Overdose, you’re kind of indecisive between if you want defense or utility as a primary, but the Overdose is not even a good mix of the two. The stock syringe gun is clearly pure defense, and if you want defense then honestly you should use the Blutsauger, but anyways, the Syringe gun is still decent self defense, and the overdose’s upside to compensate for that is something that can easily be achieved by learning to surf damage.

Secondary – Vaccinator

I honestly wanted to put the Quick-Fix here, but I cannot for a few reasons. One is that the Quick-Fix can be abused to an extreme extent to rollout a medic way faster than usual, it is banned in most competitive for that reason. It is also exceptionally good at keeping a team healed up and builds uber quite fast due to how the overheal nerf works. Now, do not get me wrong, the Vaccinator is powerful, but I think that even though a Vaccinator medic who knows what he’s doing, and a good soldier, for example, can wipe a server, the downside of not having the kritz uber, stock uber, or even Quick-Fix uber (which is very nice at healing up a team as well, and heals the medic) makes this weapon too unreliable. It is very good in certain situations. In a scenario where the enemy team has good snipers, heavies, or other stacks of one damage type, this weapon is amazing, and a good player can even make it useful against a wide array of damage types. But once again, I must mention uber. Come on guys, 8 seconds of invulnerability, guaranteed critical hits, or knockback immunity and extreme healing? I cannot give that up for 4 mini ubers.

Melee – Amputator

This one is honestly not that hard of a decision. Solemn vow isn’t very good, but the downside is not that intense, still allowing you to one shot demos, pyros, and below with a random crit, which medics are very prone to receiving after healing for a long time, which is why I feel it appropriate to mention them here. Amputator’s inability to one shot those two classes is dangerous, and the inability to two shot most light classes is also a big downside. But here comes the real problem. The main upside is useless, and the secondary upside (+3 health per second on wearer WHILE ACTIVE) is almost useless due to you needing to have it out. I get why you need to have it out, and it’s to survive while doing your shitty heal taunt because you can’t manage your teammates’ health properly and need an easy way to do it, and what is your punishment for that? Death. You will die if you use this. Not to mention the ramp-up needed to benefit from the +3 health per second, which is cancelled if you take any damage. I do not think I really need to convince you further. Ubersaw and Vita-Saw are the kings, saying anything else is denial.

Sniper

Primary –
Classic

I hear a lot of people Piss on the Sydney Sleeper (see what I did there 😉) but it is not actually that bad of a weapon. I personally cannot stand it, as I really like getting headshots, but I can understand why people would choose the Sydney Sleeper over stock, and I can see its advantages and disadvantages. But then there is the Classic. The only reason you should use this is if you like seeing people explode, but even then, just lay down a sticky trap as demo and watch it happen to like 3 people at once? This weapon’s downsides are way too extreme for its legitimate single real upside. What is that upside you may ask? Oh, it is the fact that you can charge outside of zoom. That’s it. And in return, no headshots unless fully charged, Shots leave a tracer, and 10% less damage on bodyshots. This weapon is too bad to even be considered in actual use. It’s fun, probably won’t be changed because it exists as a nostalgic item, but because of that, it’s going in the garbage for me.

Secondary – Razorback

This is the backpack that we all know is probably the worst for sniper, but we put on because GOD DAMNIT ANOTHER SPY BACKSTABBED ME. I have had a few instances where I hear a spy uncloak behind me, and flick around and headshot him. This proves that there are options against spies besides… Dying? If you do not have razorback. Now, the razorback actually has a weird downside I’ve found, (not statistical) in that you get comfortable in the idea that this will keep you safe from spies, and as you are charging up your shot to get that damn heavy who keeps killing your team with his medic, you get shot three times with a stock revolver, or twice with amby or diamondback. It is a guilty pleasure I guess you could say. It is easy for me to tell you to simply listen to your game, but come on, 99% of sniper players are listening to some sort of music, and because of this we use a weapon that we know is bad, but we use it because it’s easy. Anyways, statistically this weapon’s downside is too harsh for its upside in that supposing you have a good medic, this weapon destroys the use of his overheal, making your prior worst nightmare, spies, into a slightly less scary thing, but snipers a real threat.

Melee – Shahanshah

Sniper does not have many unlockable melee weapons, and most are not that exciting, but this one for me is the worst. I’m going to keep this brief because my reasoning is simple, and the stats of this weapon are also simple. Basically, by the time you make use of its upside, your health is already low to a point where getting in melee range is dangerous. That’s really it to this weapon. I personally stick to Bushwacka or stock, and tribalman’s shiv can even be useful, but this, I haven’t used in years.

Spy

Primary –
Enforcer

Well we’re here, the final class. I have written much more than I thought I would, but for now I must continue, the finish line is just in sight! Anyways, back to the purpose of this thing. This weapon is a fallen star. I remember when this weapon was actually fun, and useful, some would say overpowered even, but now, thanks to spy’s diverse choice of useful revolvers, offering skill based crits, less skill based crits, consistent damage, or pure utility, this once glorious gun has fallen into uselessness basically only because of the upside only really helping in killing snipers, or vacc medics, but even then, you literally have a vacc medic’s worst nightmare in your pocket… A KNIFE. This weapon is not usable. It is essentially a straight downgrade to stock besides killing snipers. I really hope this weapon gets changed somehow if there ever is another update.

Secondary – Red-Tape Recorder

Writing about this is almost the most useless thing I have ever done. This weapon is literally only useful if you are fighting an oblivious gunslinger engi. That is it. I do not even know why I’m writing about this, this weapon is a joke, with its only interesting property being an easter egg. I’m just gonna end this one here.

Melee – Big Earner

Ah the bread and butter knife of spy. Unfortunately, this weapon is only good at spreading butter, and not particularly good at stabbing backs. Well, truthfully, it is fine at stabbing backs, but the downside is too crazy. All of you should know what 100 health means, but if you do not, let me remind you. One pill? Dead. One rocket at a close enough distance? Dead. Soldier being one of the most popular classes in the game, this downside is immense, same with demo, and although the upside is fun, as all other knives can boast, the downside is the worst of all of the knives for what it does. Kunai gets away with the 70 max health because of the overheal bonus, but this weapon’s method of living is giving you some movement speed and cloak. Sorry, but if I want to think I’m a pro chainstabber I’ll go with YER (Your Eternal Reward) or Kunai. This weapon used to be my favorite knife when I was learning, but now I have left it in the dust.

Watch – Cloak and Dagger

Like the Red-Tape Recorder but not quite as bad, I’ve always seen this as the absolute worst. I may be biased here, but in my opinion sitting in one spot is a sure-fire way to get killed, or end up doing nothing waiting for the perfect opportunity, and I get that that is the purpose of this watch, but spy is most effective when playing an active playstyle, and this watch discourages it not only with the upside, but also in the downside which makes it use a lot of your cloak meter. This is my most biased answer here, as I honestly think that each of these watches has their ups and downs, but this one for me is too against what I see as the ideal playstyle for a Spy.

If you made it this far, I sincerely appreciate you for reading this. I put a lot of effort and time into it, and all I want is for people to see it. Seriously, thank you for reading. Let me know if you want me to write about any other TF2-related thing, I probably have an opinion on it.
I actually disagree with half of this

The BFB may have not been as good as it used to have been, but people still use it over THE BACKSCATTER
The Sandman is actually my favorite bat, sure it can't stun anymore, but I wasn't playing TF2 until 2019, so I'm used to it
The Liberty Launcher can do a lot of damage in the right hands and is perfect for trolldier if they want to deal AT LEAST some damage
Stock Weapons are statistically the best
WM1 is meta now, so the Degreaser and Dragon's Fury are practically useless
Double-Donking feels rewarding
Just use the Booties and Splendid Screen with the Claidheamh Mòr(It also fills more charge than the Persian Persuader)
People FEAR the Brass Beast, you cannot tell me it is not a decent weapon
GUNSLINGER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--
The Amputator can heal multiple allies at once
The Classic can HEADSHOT at least
HAVe You evEr TRieD tHE DArwin'S DanGER ShIElD?
You can stay invisible forever with the Cloak and Dagger

Yea that's it

SiNine9

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 26, 2020
I actually disagree with half of this

The BFB may have not been as good as it used to have been, but people still use it over THE BACKSCATTER
The Sandman is actually my favorite bat, sure it can't stun anymore, but I wasn't playing TF2 until 2019, so I'm used to it
The Liberty Launcher can do a lot of damage in the right hands and is perfect for trolldier if they want to deal AT LEAST some damage
Stock Weapons are statistically the best
WM1 is meta now, so the Degreaser and Dragon's Fury are practically useless
Double-Donking feels rewarding
Just use the Booties and Splendid Screen with the Claidheamh Mòr(It also fills more charge than the Persian Persuader)
People FEAR the Brass Beast, you cannot tell me it is not a decent weapon
GUNSLINGER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--
The Amputator can heal multiple allies at once
The Classic can HEADSHOT at least
HAVe You evEr TRieD tHE DArwin'S DanGER ShIElD?
You can stay invisible forever with the Cloak and Dagger

Yea that's it
I'm just gonna give a quick response to this

Backscatter is not worse than the BFB for thee mobility factor. Neither are viable over the others, but BFB is worse because you need to double jump and not sacrifice anything for it to play scout effectively

Sandman You being used to something does not make it good. In my opinion for reasons stated before, it lags behind other melees.

Liberty Launcher Any rocket launcher can do a lot of damage. But this is statistically the lowest amount of damage of all of them, and this is not taking meme strats such as trolldier into account

WM1 Is in no way the meta. Not having airblast is so bad that it makes the phlog useless in any actually competitive situation, even just a normal evenly matched casual game. I don't know why you think that WM1 is meta, it is only used the most because it is really easy. Airblasts can reflect projectiles, push away enemies, extinguish teammates. I think you get the point.

Double-Donking Yes... it does? But that doesn't matter. This is about viability...

Claidheamh Mòr Is bad because of the effective health nerf that is by far the worst downside. It is still usable though, and I enjoy it, but that doesn't mean it's good.

The Brass Beast Is not feared if you know how to counter it. Heavy being essentially a sentry gun with this weapon makes it so easy to kill him it's absurd, and the heavy needs to commit once he's revved up because he's even more of an easy target when his gun is unrevved.

Gunslinger This is the one I don't get the most here... How is this a bad weapon? Please tell me how this weapon is worse than the Southern Hospitality

The Amputator Can also make you die before you get the healing off, makes you sit in a spot that people now need to retreat to, in turn getting out of the combat, and you saying it can heal multiple enemies at once doesn't matter. A good medic can do essentially the same thing. You don't need the downside of saying screw you to your ubercharge, and forgoing your mobility, just to heal in an aura.

Yes, I have tried the Darwin's Danger Shield and it's quite decent at countering flare spam and thus has an actual useful purpose.

The Cloak and Dagger Can make you go invisible forever.. But only when you're standing still, and why would you need that over being active and doing your job exactly?

Also, please tell me what you think are actually worse than these and give me a reason as to why maybe? Hard to go off of just saying it.

Mygiwara

Oct 6, 2020
I'm just gonna give a quick response to this

Backscatter is not worse than the BFB for thee mobility factor. Neither are viable over the others, but BFB is worse because you need to double jump and not sacrifice anything for it to play scout effectively

Sandman You being used to something does not make it good. In my opinion for reasons stated before, it lags behind other melees.

Liberty Launcher Any rocket launcher can do a lot of damage. But this is statistically the lowest amount of damage of all of them, and this is not taking meme strats such as trolldier into account

WM1 Is in no way the meta. Not having airblast is so bad that it makes the phlog useless in any actually competitive situation, even just a normal evenly matched casual game. I don't know why you think that WM1 is meta, it is only used the most because it is really easy. Airblasts can reflect projectiles, push away enemies, extinguish teammates. I think you get the point.

Double-Donking Yes... it does? But that doesn't matter. This is about viability...

Claidheamh Mòr Is bad because of the effective health nerf that is by far the worst downside. It is still usable though, and I enjoy it, but that doesn't mean it's good.

The Brass Beast Is not feared if you know how to counter it. Heavy being essentially a sentry gun with this weapon makes it so easy to kill him it's absurd, and the heavy needs to commit once he's revved up because he's even more of an easy target when his gun is unrevved.

Gunslinger This is the one I don't get the most here... How is this a bad weapon? Please tell me how this weapon is worse than the Southern Hospitality

The Amputator Can also make you die before you get the healing off, makes you sit in a spot that people now need to retreat to, in turn getting out of the combat, and you saying it can heal multiple enemies at once doesn't matter. A good medic can do essentially the same thing. You don't need the downside of saying screw you to your ubercharge, and forgoing your mobility, just to heal in an aura.

Yes, I have tried the Darwin's Danger Shield and it's quite decent at countering flare spam and thus has an actual useful purpose.

The Cloak and Dagger Can make you go invisible forever.. But only when you're standing still, and why would you need that over being active and doing your job exactly?

Also, please tell me what you think are actually worse than these and give me a reason as to why maybe? Hard to go off of just saying it.
The Backscatter's upside is completely useless, and I'd rather have a weapon with an upside that is canceled out quickly rather than a weapon that's totally useless. BTW, I actually like the BFB and I'm used to not Double-Jumping to save boost.
The Sandman deals the same amount of damage as Stock and is one of two bats that can hit from long-range, but the Wrap Assasin deals less damage than Stock. The Fan of War can convert Mini-Crits into Crits, but it still does less than Stock, no matter what.
The Liberty Launcher has a damage penalty for one extra shot and minimal self-damage, so it's kind of a fair trade for me. The Cow Mangler 5000 can't Crit and is terrible for destroying Sentries, but the Liberty Launcher can Crit and destroy a Level 3 Sentry in 3 Shots(Not as much as Stock but who cares?).
I do agree that Airblast is vital, but WM1 has killed me far too many times for me to say it isn't meta. Yes, even if I play Pyro!
I watched Ace TheOcarinaMaker's video on why the Claidheamh Mòr is the sorriest Demoknight weapon in the game, but why do you think the Splendid Screen exists?
I know that the Loose Cannon isn't really the best weapon for Demoman, but if you thought that was bad, wait till you try the Loch-n-Load.
Sure the Brass Beast makes you more vulnerable, but at least it isn't the Heater(I hate that weapon so much).
The Gunslinger is the MOST ANNOYING THING THAT EVER EXISTED. Why? Extra Health, Guaranteed Crits(WITH NO CATCH), and Mini Sentries. Those things are difficult to counter, as they build faster than the regular Sentry, has a faster fire rate than a Level 1 Sentry(EVEN WHEN UNWRANGLED), and are smaller than an ant. Sure you could destroy them easily, but they're also the only legit aimbot in the game, meaning they'll start firing at you before you even notice them. The Southern Hospitality is quite balanced and good for spychecking, just watch out for Pyros.
I didn't know this until I saw the Amputator's demonstration video, but the extra self-healing is just overkill for Medic, also, it has been able to build Über since 2015(I looked on the Wiki). The Solemn Vow can allow you to see the enemy's HP, but who needs it anyways?
The Cloak and Dagger doesn't require you to go to ammo packs for you to stay invisible and if you want to be more passive, you can decloak when you think it's safe. Also, have you been to Ghost Fort? Sure the Dead Ringer exists, but you lose half of your cloak whilst taking damage.
I'm not even going to talk about the Razorback and Danger Shield.

Mygiwara

Oct 6, 2020
Y'know what, SiNine9, this is just silly. Everyone should have their own opinion, and I heavily apologize for this. How good a weapon is depends on your playstyle. Unless it's the Fan o' War, Righteous Bison, Ullapool Caber, Eviction Notice, Solemn Vow, or the Shahanshah.

SiNine9

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 26, 2020
Y'know what, SiNine9, this is just silly. Everyone should have their own opinion, and I heavily apologize for this. How good a weapon is depends on your playstyle. Unless it's the Fan o' War, Righteous Bison, Ullapool Caber, Eviction Notice, Solemn Vow, or the Shahanshah.
Don't apologize, I don't take offense or anything, I just didn't reply as I felt I explained my side well. I like having conversations and disagreeing about things, as long as it is kept respectful, as I feel it was between us.

Spacian

Mar 31, 2020
Scout - Sun on a stick

Soldier - Direct Hit

Pyro - The Hot Hand

Demoman - The Ullapool Caber

Heavy - The Hou-Long Heater

Engineer - The Windowmaker

Medic - The Overdose

Sniper - The Cleaner's Carbine

Spy - The Enforcer

Mygiwara

Oct 6, 2020
Scout - Sun on a stick

Soldier - Direct Hit

Pyro - The Hot Hand

Demoman - The Ullapool Caber

Heavy - The Hou-Long Heater

Engineer - The Windowmaker

Medic - The Overdose

Sniper - The Cleaner's Carbine

Spy - The Enforcer
Why the Direct Hit? Most people would hesitate to call it a bad weapon, its only downside is a smaller blast radius.

Lord Vader

Honorary Member ★
Nov 5, 2020
Scout - Force a nature

Soldier - Bison

Pyro - Panic Attack

Demoman - The caber

Heavy - Not really one, but the tomislav is pretty close.

Engineer - Southern Hospitality

Medic - 2 of em, Crossbow and Ubersaw

Sniper - the carbine

Spy - Ambassador. Always the amby.

lolnutt

what the pog doin?
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Feb 18, 2020
The Deep
seeing quite alot of opinions that the classic is bad. but imo its the funnest sniper rifle that i use.

Scout: Sun on a stick
Soldier: Equaliser
Pyro: Volcanic fragment
Demoman: Ullapool caber
Heavy: Natasha
Engineer: Pompson
Medic: Vita-saw
Sniper: Syndney sleeper
Spy: Enforcer

This is just my opinion so feel free to chat with me about it.

Mygiwara

Oct 6, 2020
Scout - Force a nature

Soldier - Bison

Pyro - Panic Attack

Demoman - The caber

Heavy - Not really one, but the tomislav is pretty close.

Engineer - Southern Hospitality

Medic - 2 of em, Crossbow and Ubersaw

Sniper - the carbine

Spy - Ambassador. Always the amby.
You just called the FaN, Panic Attack, Crossbow, and Amby bad weapons. So many people are going to be pissed at you.

Reactions: Lord Vader

SiNine9

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 26, 2020
seeing quite alot of opinions that the classic is bad. but imo its the funnest sniper rifle that i use.

Scout: Sun on a stick
Soldier: Equaliser
Pyro: Volcanic fragment
Demoman: Ullapool caber
Heavy: Natasha
Engineer: Pompson
Medic: Vita-saw
Sniper: Syndney sleeper
Spy: Enforcer

This is just my opinion so feel free to chat with me about it.
Why do you think the Vita-saw is the worst? I'd say it's actually quite useful. Medic has amputator and solemn vow, both of which are worse.