TF2 What is the best class for defense?

Rain

Frog
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 10, 2018
Roundabout City
As another Sniper player, I'd have to say that I think Sniper is far from the best defensive class. It's too team-reliant, meaning it might not work out unless your team is already performing well elsewhere on the map. All it takes is a single demo to jump to you and take you out, and that's not even taking into account any other players who might be going for you simultaneously. I'd go with Engineer for the best all-around defensive class, but Demo and Heavy are up there as well.

Leapo

Apr 2, 2020
I feel like soldier and demo are probably the best defence classes. both have explosive spam and excellent mobility. even better when you play with friends who can help you out or join you.

cottage

Fake
Honorary Member ★
Nov 19, 2019
>18
Demoman and sniper. Well since you asked for one, sniper. because it forces your enemy to play into you. more importantly, force the enemy to test your skills or change their play style or how they approach the choke.

Buns

-
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jan 5, 2020
I have to say engi since his sentry can be the line of defense when your team is in danger. Your dispencer also allows players to be healed and refill ammo, allowing them to fight more if there is no medic in the team.