What is the best primary weapon for engineer?

Captain Weeb

Oh Captain My Captain
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Dec 31, 2017
New York, United States of America
All about play style. I tend to stick with stock, as that's always a reliable source of damage and pretty useful in most situations. I'll use the rescue ranger when I want to make aggressive plays with my sentry, as the healing and teleporting building mechanics are very helpful. The widowmaker is what I use when I'm either using a gunslinger or just want to be an aggressive engie. The frontier justice is my favorite MvM shotgun, as you pretty much just get free crits. Another use for the frontier justice is when having a mini sentry, as mini sentries are disposable so you'll probably get a crit or two. There really is no best shotgun, its all about the situation.

Oh yea, the panic attack. I would have my opinion about this, but I never use it so I don't know when to use it.

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ Donor ★
May 29, 2018
Hands down Rescue Ranger. If you know how to sentry jump you are almost guarantied to get into spots where your sentry won't be found.
Also the fact you can heal & move it at any given range, makes it so much superior to others.

Only side grade would be stock, if you're getting stomped and can't do much damage, since your sentry dies every time

Reactions: Layka

Mr. Rampage

Forum Activist
Jul 25, 2017
United States
Honestly it depends on what you're doing. Standard shotgun is good for when you want to just kill people and deal decent damage. The rescue ranger is great for casual or mvm if you use it correctly because it repairs your buildings from a distance without using up metal and you can pickup buildings from any distance so long as you can see it. But if you don't plan on building a sentry and just wanna charge in there guns blazing the widow maker is the best choice, because if you have good aim you quite literally can have an endless supply of ammo that you never have to reload fantastic for jb servers, or just quick matches. The only problem is it doesn't do quite as much damage as the stock shotty.

May 30, 2018
i would say the frontier justice paired along with the pistol and gunslinger despite the mini sentry's hp once you get enough kills with the sentry and if the engineer is skilled all hell will break loose (unless if their medic has uber)