• Sandman

• Candy Cane

• Boston Basher / Three-Rune Blade

• Wrap Assassin

• Atomizer

• Sun on a Stick

• Fan O' War

Results are only viewable after voting.
My favourite Scout melee is the Wrap Assassin, even though I think most people would disagree. When I play Scout I usually never take out my melee weapon for close-range fights, but the ornament that the Wrap Assasin uses can be useful for doing long-range damage while you're fighting someone (especially if you're not using a pistol). The bleeding damage can also kill someone if they don't heal in time, which I think is nice. Feel free to state your own opinions on any Scout melee you like.

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ VIP ★
I just like the look of the blade...
need to buy one now. Fuck

Ray

Head Weenie
★ VIP ★
Honorary Member ★
Holy Mackerel?

I personally like the Fan’O’War but mainly because I do a lot of MvM and even though I don’t main scout. In those few occasions were everybody goes spy and I can’t leave because I joined it after they somehow got to round 2, I went scout and used the Fan to turn the game around

loofy

Member ★
Fan’O’War cus i like to meme

Wixxarion

Member ★
Atomizer for better mobility in combat.

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ VIP ★
Atomizer for better mobility in combat.
It's ass now. Unless you use the full "cancer" mobility loadout (FoN, Winger & Atomizer) its not effective, nor worthwhile to bring with you.
You constantly have to remind yourself that you need to switch immediately after the shot you're about to fire/the next jump, otherwise it will have no effect whatsoever, except for Roll-outs

Wixxarion

Member ★
It's ass now. Unless you use the full "cancer" mobility loadout (FoN, Winger & Atomizer) its not effective, nor worthwhile to bring with you.
You constantly have to remind yourself that you need to switch immediately after the shot you're about to fire/the next jump, otherwise it will have no effect whatsoever, except for Roll-outs
That's true. I stick to it mostly in pubs, in comp it's not the best option, unless you manage to master it. But it can still be pretty fun, sometimes.
Also, it's much better now, than when it used to take health after the third jump. (If I remember correctly)
Watching new Scout players using FoN is pretty fun, tho.

Mifil

I like Touhou
Moderator ★
★ VIP ★
Atomizer for the utility.

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Super-Admin ★
As a Scout main, I say that Scouts should never try to enter an enemy's melee range but try to get close enough to deal optimal damage with their Scattergun as Scout melee weapons are unreliable. The Wrap Assassin is actually quite useful as I discovered for dealing with more distant targets or the Fan O'War for flanking and dealing with more durable enemies easier.

My favourite weapon has to be the Atomizer though as it's one original downside of taking damage when triple jumping has been removed, therefore making the weapon a direct upgrade.

Wixxarion

Member ★
As a Scout main, I say that Scouts should never try to enter an enemy's melee range but try to get close enough to deal optimal damage with their Scattergun as Scout melee weapons are unreliable. The Wrap Assassin is actually quite useful as I discovered for dealing with more distant targets or the Fan O'War for flanking and dealing with more durable enemies easier.

My favourite weapon has to be the Atomizer though as it's one original downside of taking damage when triple jumping has been removed, therefore making the weapon a direct upgrade.
I agree.
Also, maybe Boston Basher in competitive, for faster Uber building, am I correct?

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Super-Admin ★
I agree.
Also, maybe Boston Basher in competitive, for faster Uber building, am I correct?
That's probably its only "use" even though Soldier with an Equalizer could do it better. Boston can be good for melee but with TF2's poor hitreg, it can be risky.

LUV

ɢᴏyᴀʀᴅ ɢᴏᴅ
★ VIP ★
Scout is all about mobility, so Atomizer without a doubt.