What's the best current gen console? (in your opinion)

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
I would say the Nintendo Switch as it's the most versatile console of this generation, being able to be played at home on a TV/monitor and other times as a portable handheld device. The technology of the joycons is second-to-none compared to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

In terms of pure technological advancements, the Nintendo Switch seems kind of weak compared to the big two. Only being able to display 720p and graphics which are moderately great is what seperates the Switch from the others.

Reactions: Hypernova

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
Everyone of them is so janky. PS4 doesn't allow outside resources for modding. Xbox One has dogshit internet issues and limited exclusives. The switch has the most appeal as an on the go console, but lacks power and the controls is not the greatest.

• Wow

Openfireops

Nov 24, 2019
PC is forever, so it goes nowhere on the list. Xbox and PS4 are great for everyday needs and have more of a hardcore demographic, but the Switch actually bothers with exclusives and innovation. If you care about playing DMCV and don't own a PC and want your own netflix machine, PS4 is your goto. If you want to play certain xbox or 360 games, XBONE is your guy. PS4 > Switch > XBONE
Also, the Xbox UI is awful

ĹĔĞĂČŶ

Dec 20, 2017
Canada
Honestly I think the Nintendo Switch is the best one at the moment due to the usefulness of how portable it is.
The function of it being able to be played on a small display anywhere, and then connected to a huge screen to play with others is purely amazing.

Red

Maniac
Nov 4, 2018
Hellas
If only the switch had better specifications and a more silent ventilation, it would be my guarranteed pick for best console. It's still my personal favorite.. but it has a lot of issues.
One that bothers me most, is the ventilation noise. When I turn it on, I can hear the fans, which sound like they're dying btw.
Also, the console could use better specs, and perhaps a better refresh rate when docked.

Tonic

Reconnected
★ Donor ★
Nov 9, 2019
The Edge of the World
I have and still play on my Xbox One. However, when i am bored or there are no new games out. I tend to play the old games with Xbox One Backwards Compatibility. (You can play Xbox 360 games on your Xbox One) I am starting to get into PC gaming. (But i don't have a gaming computer so frick :katlul: