1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's up with the guard team switch with unbalanced teams?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Jeefen Rumpenstickle, Apr 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jeefen Rumpenstickle

Jeefen Rumpenstickle Member ★

Look, I was recently unbanned from guards so I've been trying to be on every chance I got. But the thing is, every single time I try to get on guards, I get booted off. It doesn't matter when I join whether it'd be if I joined when the guard to inmate ratio was even or if I joined randomly, someone always took my place. Even people who just joined the game and go to guards stay as a guard and I get booted off. I just want to know how this works because it is definetly not luck based. Please tell me how this works if you know. It's been going on for hours.

2. RickSanchez

RickSanchez ★ VIP ★

Perhaps you are just unlucky but VIPs get priority in the guard slots, maybe you were just playing with VIPs and admins?

3. Jeefen Rumpenstickle

Jeefen Rumpenstickle Member ★

Thanks for thw info

4. Mycin

Mycin survives off coffee and bagels Super-Admin ★

It’s total RNG except if Staff or VIP+ are on. Staff get priority so we can help control the servers, you’d be amazed what a good warden can do to change the attitude of a game, and VIP+ because they’ve donated.

I’d imagine you were on a server with staff on it, making the RNG unfavorable for you.