What's your opinion on Reddit?

kokostal

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 5, 2017
Netherlands
good site, shitty userbase

there are some genuinly good subs out there with good info on how to solve problems with pretty much anything, information on new games etc but a lot of it is an unfunny annoying mess like r/funny or r/gaming for example

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
good site, shitty userbase
Like every major social media service.

That's essentially my opinion. I think there's a lot of interesting and "good" content on Reddit, but there's also a lot of "garbage" like r/AskReddit and r/gaming. I don't think you can really criticize it as a whole unless you want to complain about something more general like its moderation team or whatever, but I don't have enough experience using Reddit to make any comments on that.

kokostal

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 5, 2017
Netherlands
Like every major social media service.

That's essentially my opinion. I think there's a lot of interesting and "good" content on Reddit, but there's also a lot of "garbage" like r/AskReddit and r/gaming. I don't think you can really criticize it as a whole unless you want to complain about something more general like its moderation team or whatever, but I don't have enough experience using Reddit to make any comments on that.
Well yeah i agree, its just that this thread is asking abt reddit specifically. People definitely oversaturate how bad it is but it is still pretty bad, as with every large userbase or fanbase, its nigh impossible for large communities to be good

Pacifist

not a pacifist
Head-Admin ★★★
★ Donor ★
Jan 14, 2020
I use it from time to time, I prefer it to most other social media since they don't sell your data, but then again that's why they have money issues from time to time. I don't think it's a great social media, just good.
To be fair it could also be classified as an online forums more than social media, people online say it's square in the middle.

Buns

-
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jan 5, 2020
It's cool but weird at the same time. I find it interesting to be able to spread your ideas and talk about anything. But at the same time, It spreads false information that gets out of hand really quickly.