Status
Not open for further replies.

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
Hi, this guide will help users of the forums put threads in the proper section, so it is less likely to get moved later/deleted.

First off,

1. "Should I even post my thread?"
    • That depends. Is there a thread similar to yours already made and still available to post on? Another "What's your class main?" is not necessary. However, a thread saying how your day is going is a great thread.
  2. "Okay, but what's the difference between these subforums?"
    • Well, let's go through them:
      • "News." - You're probably not gonna be the one posting anything there
      • "Rules & Info." - The same above ^ applies.
      • "Hey, I'm new here." - Probably the most self explanatory one here.
      • "General." - Okay, the juiciest and broadest one. The best way to describe general is threads that have practically unlimited discussion value and cannot fit in a more specific subforum, like TF2. This is not the place to post "I am on my way to work." or similar vibe threads. Threads in General should be about to be discussed the day it way posted to 2050.
        • "Serious Topics." - A place for threads with a more serious tone, such as politics, or natural disasters.
        • "Off-Topic." - This is the place for threads that aren't quite shitposts, but don't have large discussion value, such as "Happy Easter!" or something similar. These threads are the type to not age well and will most likely be dead in a week, if not sooner.
      • "Team Fortress 2." - This is the place your want to post anything relating to TF2 with some discussion value. However, there are some more subforums under here for more specific topics such as:
        • "Creative." -Any threads that have a more creative TF2 touch go here, mostly art. Under this, there is two more as well:
        • "Servers." - For topics relating to our servers and gamemodes, like VSH. For more specific, look at:
      • "Trading & Marketplace." - Got something to sell? Or just wanna talk about the Steam Economy? Do it here.
      • "Other Games." - For threads not relating to TF2. Maybe Stardew Valley?
      • "Forum Games." - A section for any games you can do on the forums, like "Rate <insertthinghere>" or otherwise.
      • "Giveaways." - Title is easy. You can giveaway pretty much anything that doesn't break rules. (Sidenote, let a staff member know that they can close it when it's done."
      • "Creative." - Anything that takes a shread of inspiration/creativity. Make sure you use the previous forums if its more closely related, or one of the following. (Note, if it doesn't fit anywhere, just post in creative then.)
        • "Music." - Post music related topics that do not fit in other subforums.
        • "Art." - Post yours/others art related threads here. Make sure to put SFM in the TF2 catergory.
        • "Food." - Cooking, eating, etc... post it here!
      • "Japanese Culture." - Anything related to Japan. Anime, food, music, etc.
      • "Media."- All consumable media that doesn't fit in a better category. Youtube videos, Podcasts, etc..
        • "Movies & TV." - Everything related, so long as it isn't more appropriate somewhere else. (Anime in Japanese Culture, etc.)
        • "Literature." - Books, poems, anything of the sort!
      • "Technology." - Want to talk computers, phones, or anything of the sort? This is the place.
      • "Tutorials & Guides." - For threads such as this.
I will add the rest of the forums at a later date, but hopefully this will help for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.