Why does this topic exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumpir

Lvl 13 Anime Hater
★ Donor ★
Aug 19, 2017
Turkey
Out of all the the cultures you could select you selected Japanese. Why? What's the thing that makes their culture special?

I'm serious. I'm asking a question here. I was actually going to write how cruel they were in ww2, how boring their cultural buildings are, how swords will not stop bullets, how bad the artstyle of 99% of all animes is and mangas and the pathetic the fps of animes is but I will not waste my time doing that.

Also why do they draw eyes too big? They have one of the smallest eyes but they portray the opposite to their drawings.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hypernova and Floot

Floot

★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
under a rock, on a tropical island
I mean

a35.jpg

You are absolutely right...

The only reason I like Japan is only about their Tech and Cuisine. Not their 2D characters...

People do not 'like' the Japanese culture. The are obsessed about it and its trendiness.

I hate when people try to imitate the Japanese 'culture', it makes it weirder.

If someone is learning about the Japanese culture is because of business their trips or as a plan to study or settle down over there.
And Japan is now one of the safest countries. The only things that can harm Japan is probably their natural calamities.
That's why it welcomes many tourists mostly everyday.

And 1 more thing. Everything that is shown in Animes has nothing to do with the Japanese culture.
They are different. Wake up people, Stop being ignorant. They are all traps.

kokostal

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 5, 2017
Netherlands
Honestly pretty confused about this aswell. since this section got changed its basically just wikipedia pages summarized in threads. what makes japanese culture so special that it deserves its own section? Why not just make it a section for cultures in general.

ever since this section became ''japanese culture'', all of the threads that arent anime have been by the same person and have gotten 0 replies (aside from one). I'm all for just making this a general cultures section since thatl appeal to more people.

Reactions: Floot and benz

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I think we should just rename this section to "Anime & Manga" since it better matches what people would use this section for than "Japanese Culture." As for changing this to a "General Cultures" section, I don't see culturally-tied threads come up that much so I think General and/or Off-Topic will suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.