Accepted Would like to appeal this ban I've had for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxy

Apr 6, 2018
no
So, one of my friends invited me to a Wonderland Hightower server. And when I went in, it showed me a box (I don't know what's the preferred name for it) saying that I'm banned. Now I've went on this site before, hoping to know why I have a permanent ban; and one of the admins (or owner) stated that I was in one of Twilight's groups.
Screenshot 179
What irritates me about this is that you people ban players in a certain "hacking" group, assuming that they all use some form of cheat. It really annoys me that some server owners or admins would ban people for just being in a group.
Now I don't use any form of cheats on my main account, I only use them for testing on my alternative accounts (preferably Lithium) and I stay away from Panda, Blackwonder and Wonderland servers as I usually go on Valve servers.

It would be quite kind by having a different way of solving these problems without Community Group bans.

Hopefully this gets resolved.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
What irritates me about this is that you people ban players in a certain "hacking" group, assuming that they all use some form of cheat. It really annoys me that some server owners or admins would ban people for just being in a group.

It would be quite kind by having a different way of solving these problems without Community Group bans.
We disallow membership within cheating/cheater related groups (TF2/CS:GO) and this has been effective at getting rid of cheaters. A lot of these users will gather in these types of groups and attack our servers. Therefore, it is only of essence that we hand out these group bans so we save more time for the limited amount of staff we have in proportion to the amount of servers/players per day.

Anyway, this doesn't mean I am not inclined to unban you, however that will only come after you have left these types of groups. Specifically https://steamcommunity.com/groups/ITeachYouStuff and https://steamcommunity.com/groups/TwiiiSparkles as they are associated with a prolific TF2 cheater & cheating in general, however if you are in any other types of these groups then please leave them aswell. Supposing you comply with this, I will be happy to unban you.

Being unresponsive will result in denial of appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.