Would You Rather: Earn $250K/year Working For Someone Else or $75K/year Working For Yourself?

Would you rather earn $250K/year working for someone else or earn $75K/year working for yourself?

• Total voters

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Not going to lie, I got this hypothetical from Wilbur Soot who in his most recent video polled people with different 'would you rather' questions. One of them was earning $250K per year working for someone else versus $75K per year working for yourself.

He made a good point about despite earning nearly 1/3 of the income you'd get for working for someone else, you'd be in control of your own hours worked and have the freedom to do your own thing instead of earning a lot more but you're under someone.

I would personally earn $75K a year working for myself as I enjoy the freedom having earned a financial abundance in my previous job but also flat-out not enjoying it. It's not worth the money if you're not enjoying it and it's bogging your life down.

What would you guys rather do?

Reactions: Le Renard

Red

Maniac
Nov 4, 2018
Hellas
Whatever gets me money.
I'll take it.
As long as it's legal and doable.
Edit: Working for sm else also keeps you out of a s*** ton of responsibilities you'd have running the business yourself.​