1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Declined Xayah's Application

Discussion in 'Declined Applications' started by ♥ Xayah ♥, Jan 27, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ♥ Xayah ♥

♥ Xayah ♥ I quit TF2 ★ VIP ★

• No VAC ban(s) on record [ ✔ ]
    • Clean [+]SteamREP [ ✔ ]
    • No registered bans on the community. [ ✔ ]
    • Member in our steam group | Info [ ✔ ]
    • At least 16+ years old (preferred 18+) [ ✔ ]
    • Team Fortress 2 playtime: 475+ hours [ ✔ ]
    • Server connection time: 36+ hours [ ✔ ]
    • Team player with great communication skills [ ✔ ]
    • No limited steam account. | Info [ ✔ ]
    • Forum Activity (at least +10 forum posts)

Personal Information:
    Age (07/06/2001)
    Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WannabeXayah/
    Do you have a working microphone?:
    Yes
    How good is your English? (rating: 0 - 10): 8
    Will you be able to help donate monthly?: No, maybe in the future.

Questions:

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:

M-F: 3:00 PM - 11 PM UTC
    Weekends: All day

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:
    Yes, i have been administrator and moderator on few communities in TF2, CS:GO and Garry's Mod. I held those for around 2,5 years.

3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will effect the community?:
    I've been playing on WL servers for almost half a year now. I know what kind of problems people might run into and try to help them as much as i can so everyone could enjoy their experience on the servers. I believe i would have positive effect in the community. There would be less toxicity and rule breaking on the community. I'm familiar with some of the admins and know how they work.

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:
    I'd be an active EU admin around most of the servers. I'd keep servers clean from rule breakers and solve arguments between people, i would help players with server commands and other problems they might run into and try to be nice to everyone and keep everyone positive. Also trying to accept calls when possible.

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:
    Mostly on EU Surf or EU Deathrun (sometimes trade) with friends and other players i know. I play around the same times i said i would be able to administrate.

6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:
    Yes, most of the servers i used to administrate/moderate used similar mods and plugins as these servers so i have few years of experience.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:
    Donated 11 keys, VIP+, I've been trying to help with VIP perks if needed (Votemute/gag/silence mic/chat spammers). Also recruit some players to this community.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?:
    - I have lots of experience with this game (1239 hours on this account but total of ~2600 hours because of my old account i don't have anymore)
    - Experienced with administrating and moderating servers.
    - Really active
    - I know rules and keep others following them.
    - I know a lot of players from this community and they know me.
    - I would be around surf and deathrun keeping everything like it should be.
    - I have played on these servers a lot.
    - I have always liked to be on the supportive/helping role.
    - I have a lot of time.

9. Anything else you want to tell us?:
    I'm friendly player that likes to help other people.
    I have a lot of free time so i play on WL servers (or do art) and i keep meeting awesome people on these servers.
    Also every admin/moderator i have met on these servers have been really nice! (keep it like that!)
    Commands, maps and players on these servers are really nice in my opinion.

-Xayah

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Ray

Ray Head Weenie Admin ★ ★ VIP ★

3. Shadow

Shadow Headset Freak Admin ★

Positive.
    - VIP+
    - Alot of server connection time.
    - Haven't caused any trouble as far as I know. (Hence why there's no bans/comm blocks.)
    - Meets all requirements.
    - Administrated before/familiar with SourceMod commands. (Could you perhaps tell us where you've administrated before?)

Neutral.
    - I personally haven't interacted with you so much.

- Plays mostly on Combat Surf/Surf, Deathrun & occasionally Trade aswell. (Even though Surf & Deathrun needs staff you don't have a wide variety of servers which you play on.)

Negative.
    - Short app. (Could've spent more time on it.)
    - Not as active on forums/discord.
    - Answer to question 4 is a bit weak.

[EDIT]
    Since you haven't responded to Eight's question about your previous absence (Pretty ironic) and the fact that you've seemed to have quit TF2, I'm going to change my vote to a -1

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  4. =WL= | Mc_Duck

=WL= | Mc_Duck Why are you looking here? Admin ★ ★ VIP ★

5. Eight

Eight Pessimist Super-Admin ★

I have high hopes for you but I'd like to ask some questions:

I can vaguely recall you having previously had a period of absence from the community. Perhaps this isn't entirely accurate, but nonetheless I'd like to know if this could happen again. Clarify?

Also, more of a "how would you respond to this" question- A user declares that it's a freerun and then starts activating traps. Would you take action, and if so how?

Anyway, your chat logs seem clean, though >this< raises concerns for me. What was going on at the time? Of course if you were staff, you'd be expected to sort out rule breakers in a more formal matter than this, and VIPs should call for staff before using their vote-punishment powers.

6. Sanxis

Sanxis Admin ★

I'm changing my vote to -1

7. Mattaroni

Mattaroni J̴ ̶O̷ ̸Y̷ ̵C̸ ̶O̷ ̵N̶ ̶B̸ ̵O̸ ̷Y̶ ̴Z Moderator ★ ★ VIP ★

PROS:
    - Meets all the requirements.
    - From Europe (helps since you can be on while other staff may be offline at certain hours)
    - Donated / dedicated to the community.
    - Availability is very nice.
    - Hours in-game and in the community are exceptional.
    - Previous staff & SourceMod experience.
    - Knowledgeable of the rules.
    - Appears to be very friendly.

NEUTRAL:
    - I haven't particularly seen you on the servers, however, your connection time says otherwise. Playing together at some point wouldn't hurt. Perhaps then I could get a better grasp on you as a player, and a potential staff member.
    - There are minor grammatical errors on this application, however, that's to be expected, since English is not your first language.
    - It would be nice if you had Jailbreak experience. Looking at your app, it does not appear that you do. If this is the case, I am hoping that you can change that very easily. Jailbreak is where a good amount of rule-breakers dwell, so a little help in that department would go a long way.

CONS:
    - I would've liked some elaboration on questions 2, 4, and 8. This is not to say that you answered them extremely poorly, however, a bit of longer answers and more detail would help me understand a little more. Q2 & Q4 could use some more clarification / information, whereas Q8 is just a list of positive attributes. Full sentences here would look more professional.
    - Going by what Eight said above, you had a period of absence. I expect that this will not happen if you are accepted. In my opinion, the only questions that the chat logs raise is how you will fare against the majority of rule-breakers and players, which is my main concern.

I'm going with a slightly weak +1.
    I think you're absolutely worth a shot at administrating our servers, but the application did not blow me away. While an application is not everything, I have little knowledge of you as a person, therefore, this application is all that I have. I'm hoping that I get to see how you interact with other players and on our servers.
    Otherwise, good luck, Xayah!

EDIT: Changing to a -1 due to your lack of response on this application, and the blatant ignoring my messages on Steam, encouraging you to respond to the questions asked.

8. Vriska

Vriska (vriska) Admin ★ ★ VIP ★

I will be remaining neutral at this time but could be swayed.

9. Youtuberchris

Youtuberchris Honorary Member ★

Neutral

[EDIT]
    Changing vote to -1 due to sudden lack of interest considering I’ve seen you online but not look at your application to answer Eight’s question.

10. Vanduo | Joyuu

Vanduo | Joyuu Just a college student Honorary Member ★ ★ VIP ★

I am changing my vote too -1 Due to lack of activity on the application. I may consider changing this if you show some life to the application (Eights questions as referred to earlier)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  11. Eight

Building on this, may I ask why you haven't responded to what I said yet, given it's been almost a week by now? You also seem to have gone more inactive recently on Discord and in-game too. If no response is made to clear this up, then I'll just assume you've lost interest/care for this application.

12. Mycin

Mycin survives off coffee and bagels Super-Admin ★

Bump, please respond to 8's question.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Eight

With the apparent lack of care to respond to your application and to staff over Steam when they try to contact you regarding it, along with you quitting TF2 and leaving our Discord, I think it's fair to say you're no longer taking this application seriously.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Ray

Ray Head Weenie Admin ★ ★ VIP ★

15. Madi

Madi Head-Admin ★★

Application declined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.