Your thoughts on 2fort?

vichy

Apr 20, 2019
Portugal
Hello, I play a lot of 2fort and enjoy playing on it with friends. I think its a decent dm map inside the official Team Fortress 2 map poll, but I would like to hear the Wonderland.tf players thoughts about the map along with your favorite official map. Mine is Upward.

Oreos

:I
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jan 8, 2019
Italia!
While I am OK with playing on 2fort, I don't really like how there is little space for air mobility, many chokey corridors and how there are really few trimping spots. My favorite official map is either harvest or doublecross, both have good sniping spots, many trimping spots, a high sky box and a overall design that makes you feel like trying new routes, encouraging people to try the different movement options tf2 has to offer.

Reactions: vichy

Korato

★ Donor ★
Apr 6, 2019
Germany
Well. It's definetly my most played map of them all. I acually love the longer but smaller pathways, suprising corners and the beautiful balcony area where you can practise sniping scouts that try to cross the bridge.
The low air-mobility of the map obviously makes it less attractive to demo and soilder players, but for all other classes this is a great map.
It's a 9/10 DM map in my book.

Bel

Apr 8, 2019
Have you watched soundsmith, i like him he had some opinions on 2fort being a bad map for new players since you don't really have to use any skills to play on it or any good knowledge like what scoutix, say most new players would just jump to sniper and just keep on scoping on the balconys and try to get a headshot or something.

Malfunction

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 1, 2018
2fort doesn't deserve the bad rep it gets. Most of the complaints about how "The map takes forever to finish" and "No one can ever cap the Intel" are not due to bad map design, but because of players. It's similar to Hightower in a sense, in that lots of people would rather treat the map's objective as "Just kill people randomly" rather than "Go collect this object and then do this thing", and similar to hightower, that means that if you attempt capping the objective yourself, most of the enemy team is going to jump at you guns blazing. I've seen servers in which one or both teams are trying their hardest to win, and it gets really intense and rather fun.

Reactions: Scoutix and vichy

Prxme

Post Post Post
Jan 4, 2018
The United Kingdom
Snipers camping on cat walk
Scout running with the brief case
Heavies taking up space at the border between blue side and red side
Spy's waiting to stab someone at the sewers
Engineers placing up sentries while Relaxo Rancho near the Brief case
Pyro's chilling in the water

That basically sums up 2fort

Reactions: Scoutix and vichy

Scoutix

Apr 20, 2019
Snipers camping on cat walk
Scout running with the brief case
Heavies taking up space at the border between blue side and red side
Spy's waiting to stab someone at the sewers
Engineers placing up sentries while Relaxo Rancho near the Brief case
Pyro's chilling in the water

That basically sums up 2fort

If that doesn't describe 2fort then I don't know what does.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I find 2Fort fun to play on personally, but then again I also like Turbine so maybe I just have shit tastes \o/

2fort doesn't deserve the bad rep it gets. Most of the complaints about how "The map takes forever to finish" and "No one can ever cap the Intel" are not due to bad map design, but because of players. It's similar to Hightower in a sense, in that lots of people would rather treat the map's objective as "Just kill people randomly" rather than "Go collect this object and then do this thing", and similar to hightower, that means that if you attempt capping the objective yourself, most of the enemy team is going to jump at you guns blazing. I've seen servers in which one or both teams are trying their hardest to win, and it gets really intense and rather fun.
I think people also say that 2Fort takes forever to finish because of the fact that it is CTF, and CTF rounds in general can take way longer than rounds of other game-modes just because there's (usually?) no time limit and because it can turn into a turtling contest a lot.

StarOfSouls

Wired
★ Donor ★
Aug 5, 2018
I find 2Fort fun to play on personally, but then again I also like Turbine so maybe I just have shit tastes \o/

I think people also say that 2Fort takes forever to finish because of the fact that it is CTF, and CTF rounds in general can take way longer than rounds of other game-modes just because there's (usually?) no time limit and because it can turn into a turtling contest a lot.

Neliel

Laureline
★ Donor ★
Nov 26, 2018
the ISS
Well lets see, you've got good snipers on the roof, a sticky jumper demo that kills them all every now and then, you've got a pyro camping the sewers, oh and did I mention those 5 engineers that somehow seem to be useless and get destroyed by a spy with a sapper m1 technique. So yes (no sarcasm) it is a balanced map, but I hate to play on it. (occasionally there's a heavy medic combo that camps the spawn room by "glitching" or whatever you wanna call it and killing everyone inside and basically everyone that spawns). Just my opinion.

Reactions: Scoutix