ZM Scouts Need to be REBALANCED

Should infected Scouts lose the ability to instant kill?

• Total voters

Bio Medic Offline

Member ★
Greetings reader I am Bio Medic and i would like to discuss the problem with the scout class in the zombie server. We will be discussing the issue with the infected not the survivor. I and a few others believe that the scout infected is the most Over powered zombie class besides the demo zombie, this is because of the speed buff, health buff, + the swing rate of his melee weapon. The scout zombie is able to infect an entire team of human survivors with a few swings, it is also hard to target the class because of the hit box size. Overall the Infected scout has many far too many strengths besides weakness :

Strengths : Speed, Heath Buff, Fastest Melee Swing, Hitbox Size, Jump Height

Weakness : Fire, and heavy's Natasha

In my opinion i think it would be a great idea to reduce the amount of the health back to 125, make it so he cannot instantly kill instead he has to hit a survivor at least 3 or 4 times because of his swing rate (NOT 2 because of his Swing rate). Those modifications would make it more fair for survivors that are alone or are in groups. I did NOT mention RE-buffing speed or jump height due to the fact that scout can keep those as his strength.

Frundley Scuoot

First ever Israeli staff member
Moderator ★
★ VIP ★
Don't.
Scouts are OP. You should fear them as much as possible, especially in casual matches.
Even Medics fear 'em. As a Medic / Heavy main, Heavy > Scout > Medic.

Eight

Sentinel ★
Admin ★
The suggestion closest to my support is removing the HP buff, however even then the zombie Scout is still quite of a glass cannon. For others who are unaware, the Scout's HP is only increased by 50. I can see how a Scout having more HP may be an issue, but as long as you have a decent defense (which is key to winning any ZM round as a survivor anyway), you should be able to take out Scouts easily.

-1 for the most part.

Bio Medic Offline

Member ★
The suggestion closest to my support is removing the HP buff, however even then the zombie Scout is still quite of a glass cannon. For others who are unaware, the Scout's HP is only increased by 50. I can see how a Scout having more HP may be an issue, but as long as you have a decent defense (which is key to winning any ZM round as a survivor anyway), you should be able to take out Scouts easily.

-1 for the most part.
I agree with the buff of health, however them still being fast with a small hitbox its still very hard to hit unless your a sentry, heavy, or pyro. If anything FORGET the health buff and that SHOULD be traded so they loose their ability to instant kill. And people NEED TO PLAY A DIFFERENT CLASS BESIDES SCOUT.

Blizzard

Member ★
I don't know why some people are voting even tho they never are on the zombies ?.....

I agree with Bio Medic

Bio Medic Offline

Member ★

-1 for the most part.
You would most likely understand why zombie scouts need to be rebalanced if you have played the zombie servers. I have seen them destroy half the server by W+M1 and hit reg. Scout has some serious issues that need to be rebalanced, I think he should not be aloud to instantly kill anyone anymore !
Post automatically merged:

-1 for the most part.
You would most likely understand why zombie scouts need to be rebalanced if you have played the zombie servers. I have seen them destroy half the server by W+M1 and hit reg. Scout has some serious issues that need to be rebalanced, I think he should not be aloud to instantly kill anyone anymore ! So I completely disagree with you choice of descion even if you are an admin you should probably understand more why the scout needs to be Nerfed. He is all of these = Fastest Class, Smallest Hitbox, Fastest swing rate with melee weapon, and He instantly kills.

This is what I call an easy play, what I mean by that is that people who choose the scout class as zombie that know they don't need skill but they can just go in and m1 the entire human team and the round is over. Overall what I am trying to say in a basic conclusion, the scout zombie class on both ZE and ZM should not have the ability to instantly kill instead they should have to hit 3-4 times and why I say 3-4 times is because of their swing rate. IF you only make it 2 hits you basically made it so the humans can get hit but it wont really matter because the swing rate is still high so it would be the same as instant killing. so PLEASE IF YOU DO AGREE make it 3-4 times for a scout to kill a human class.

Last edited:

Eight

Sentinel ★
Admin ★
I agree with the buff of health, however them still being fast with a small hitbox its still very hard to hit unless your a sentry, heavy, or pyro. If anything FORGET the health buff and that SHOULD be traded so they loose their ability to instant kill. And people NEED TO PLAY A DIFFERENT CLASS BESIDES SCOUT.
You would most likely understand why zombie scouts need to be rebalanced if you have played the zombie servers. I have seen them destroy half the server by W+M1 and hit reg. Scout has some serious issues that need to be rebalanced, I think he should not be aloud to instantly kill anyone anymore ! So I completely disagree with you choice of descion even if you are an admin you should probably understand more why the scout needs to be Nerfed. He is all of these = Fastest Class, Smallest Hitbox, Fastest swing rate with melee weapon, and He instantly kills.

This is what I call an easy play, what I mean by that is that people who choose the scout class as zombie that know they don't need skill but they can just go in and m1 the entire human team and the round is over. Overall what I am trying to say in a basic conclusion, the scout zombie class on both ZE and ZM should not have the ability to instantly kill instead they should have to hit 3-4 times and why I say 3-4 times is because of their swing rate. IF you only make it 2 hits you basically made it so the humans can get hit but it wont really matter because the swing rate is still high so it would be the same as instant killing. so PLEASE IF YOU DO AGREE make it 3-4 times for a scout to kill a human class.
My activity on Zombie servers has nothing to do with my post, please only address my points.

I mean all of the classes in Zombie can instantly infect survivors (what I assume you mean by kill), excluding Demoman and Spy for their advantages of Demoknighting and disguising respectively. Scout has that small HP boost of 50---I don't consider that a great advantage. He's still quite of a glass cannon and you can counter him with various classes. The fact that the classes you pointed out may be able to do it easier doesn't mean he's overpowered since that's only natural in TF2 (like how Pyros are a good counter against Spies). Neither is cases of a Scout successfully infecting the survivors proof of that either. I have seen that as well, sure, but I many times have also seen successful defenses against zombie Scouts.

I don't agree with decreasing the amount of hits either honestly. As a survivor, you should not leave yourself open for even one hit from zombies since with most classes one hit = infection and therefore a loss.

Bio Medic Offline

Member ★
My activity on Zombie servers has nothing to do with my post, please only address my points.

I mean all of the classes in Zombie can instantly infect survivors (what I assume you mean by kill), excluding Demoman and Spy for their advantages of Demoknighting and disguising respectively. Scout has that small HP boost of 50---I don't consider that a great advantage. He's still quite of a glass cannon and you can counter him with various classes. The fact that the classes you pointed out may be able to do it easier doesn't mean he's overpowered since that's only natural in TF2 (like how Pyros are a good counter against Spies). Neither is cases of a Scout successfully infecting the survivors proof of that either. I have seen that as well, sure, but I many times have also seen successful defenses against zombie Scouts.

I don't agree with decreasing the amount of hits either honestly. As a survivor, you should not leave yourself open for even one hit from zombies since with most classes one hit = infection and therefore a loss.
I completely disagree with you, either your a scout main or you have spent very little time in the zombie mod. Clearly I need to show you video evidence about how stupidly overpowered this dumb trashy clutch class is. HE CAN DECIMATE AN ENTIRE SERVER BY W+M1 I'VE SEEN SO MANY TIMES WHEN A SCOUT DODGES EVERYTHING WITH HIS TINY HITBOX AND KILL AN ENTIRE TEAM THIS NEEDS TO BE NERFED ! I don't really care that youre an admin or not I believe this should be put to a public vote: Should INFECTED scout loose the ability to instant kill or should he not ?

Eight

Sentinel ★
Admin ★
I completely disagree with you, either your a scout main or you have spent very little time in the zombie mod. Clearly I need to show you video evidence about how stupidly overpowered this dumb trashy clutch class is. HE CAN DECIMATE AN ENTIRE SERVER BY W+M1 I'VE SEEN SO MANY TIMES WHEN A SCOUT DODGES EVERYTHING WITH HIS TINY HITBOX AND KILL AN ENTIRE TEAM THIS NEEDS TO BE NERFED ! I don't really care that youre an admin or not I believe this should be put to a public vote: Should INFECTED scout loose the ability to instant kill or should he not ?
With all due respect, this post doesn't seem to bring anything to the table. Personal remarks won't get your suggestion accepted, neither is restating that it's possible for zombie Scouts to play well---as I stated in my last post, it's entirely possible to defend against zombie Scouts and I have seen successful defenses many times. Skill =/= OP.

Nevertheless, I'll take upon your request. Added a poll.

Bio Medic Offline

Member ★
With all due respect, this post doesn't seem to bring anything to the table. Personal remarks won't get your suggestion accepted, neither is restating that it's possible for zombie Scouts to play well---as I stated in my last post, it's entirely possible to defend against zombie Scouts and I have seen successful defenses many times. Skill =/= OP.

Well actually it is not a personal remark, others believe in the same thing.

Exitranci

Member ★
Well actually it is not a personal remark, others believe in the same thing.
I do think scout’s swing speed can be slowed a bit because they can instant kill 8 out of 9 classes, basically anyone who is new can go scout and manage to get a few kills with little to no effort.

But on the other hand, scout have a special

The fact that scout can insta kill most classes remove the chance of human surviving in one spot after a scout rushed. All they needed was to kill 1-2 players to start a chain reaction. Removing insta kill from zombie scout increased the chance of human surviving in big open areas like zm_nomercy.

Bio Medic Offline

Member ★

I have no Idea why your even in the conversation when you dont even play zombie mod + the others that have voted dont play zombie mod either, their votes and your votes are rude if you dont even play the zombie mod

LifostFox

Member ★
In fact, no matter how you nerf them, Atomizer still exists, so W+Space+M1 scouts will exist no matter what you do. Will they kill something? Yes. Will they learn? No. Is it sad? Yes.

Lime Paint

Limest of paints Browns/Steelers Fan
★ VIP ★
I have no Idea why your even in the conversation when you dont even play zombie mod + the others that have voted dont play zombie mod either, their votes and your votes are rude if you dont even play the zombie mod
just because they don't play it doesn't mean they don't know how it works

LifostFox

Member ★
just because they don't play it doesn't mean they don't know how it works
I cannot confirm nor deny this statement. Yes, you may know how things work if you don't play ZM, but Bio's talking about the expirience players get when they play as/against insta-kill scouts. You see, the 90% of ZM server's roster are wide open maps, such as zm_nomercy, zm_halo, zm_blood_glutch, etc. This makes fighting Scouts actually unfair, since you're getting rushed from almost everywhere without anywhere to hide. I mean, just look at the zm_watermill's spawn zone/the most used spot on the map: 20190908231140_1.jpg
Let's consider that BLU team is standing near the building. Zombies can:
a) rush through the building
b) flank them by the rooftop
c) flank them by the second spawn door and ambush
d) do all at once and surround them.
What can BLU do? Sit there, go higher or take the rooftop.
Another example: zm_nomercy which was mentioned here quite frequently:20190127155025_1.jpg
Note: zombies on this picture rush behind this sattelite. What can zombie do to rush the sattelite or the rooftop where currently Zombie Medic is?
a) rush through the heli landing
b) rush the sattelite directly, then jump off it to the rooftop
c) flank them from behind
d) jump on the building on the right side of the screen and then do triple jump to the sattelite.
e) do all at once
In those examples, the area is completely covered by zombies, so BLU team has no choice but to stay where they are and wait till timer shows four zeros or, well, ded. This is not fun to do or to fight against, making the players' expirience mostly negative.

Last edited: