• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Zombie Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2019
i dont know if you can update this but this should be what happen to the next version of this mod

Heavy
he should have a resitance to zombie like spy and demo but his minigun should be able to ran out of ammo since a heavy cant just sit in one place and thats end game (heavy can take about 2-3 zombie)
Pyro
He should also have neft like heavy

Note: they should both have thier ammo refil when they are not firing thier weapons

Medic
medic should get the mvm shield if he using a kritzkrieg or a quickfix

Engineer

his mini should be firing with the speed of a normal sentry

that is all i got for the moment but i might do a new one

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Super late reply but I'm lurking through suggestions and this interested me.

The main focus on ZE as opposed to other Zombie Fortress games is, well escaping. I feel this bears repeating because this shifts the approach on combating the zombies from killing them to "repelling" them. Therefore, I think that your proposed changes (besides Medic, I'll get to that a bit later) would be unbalanced, as while yes the Heavy can just sit in one place and constantly shoot back any zombies that come by, it completely fits. His main job in the game-mode (as it seems to me) is to be covering fire while the fellow survivors are stuck at a checkpoint or whatever. In exchange for this power though, he has vulnerability in being slow, so I also feel that giving him some ability of resistance would make him overpowered.

As for the medic shield, I don't quite follow what you mean by that there, as that is a projectile shield and all of the zombies in ZE are restricted to melee except for, I guess, the Sandman's balls.

Apr 7, 2019
Okay i might be responding from bottom to up but the think is you cant use the sandman balls or the warp assassin's ball, both on human OR zombie, they does noting so most of the time i see people use the atomizer for double jump or some other Melee if they have auto bhop on them. And for heavy I have played so much of the ZE gamemode thats from the first i saw people thats play heavy to "covering fire" for survivor is...2 people, because unless told, most heavies will just use the GRU (basically no down side) to run as fast as a pyro or even a SCOUT wich unless theres a medic he is the fastest class in the game on foot wich is good, and theres the buffalo steak so i will leave that to your imagination, about the heavy resistance then yes, i wasn't the brightest to bring it up so you got me at that part. And for the other choices i made because of the map selection, due to most of the maps are from csgo or cs:s so i know theres gonna be maps that are unbalanced..takes Ze_Deathstar_escape for example, good map, the zombie isn't that far away from the survivor and theres tele spawn so if you died then you ain't gonna fall 1000km away but at the last part of the map, 4 or even 2 assuming theres an engie keeping the sentries stock up on ammo can hold it down till the end of the match because not only its low gravity makes landing way much harder for the zombie to land down, instead they get pushed back or off the bridge making them teleported back, wasting valuable time. If you still have some opinion about this, its fine but if you wanted, play ZE with me and i will show you how unbalanced some class can be in some certain maps or even or all maps, i can play tf2 at 8am to 11pm and 2 pm to 5pm, dm me here or on steam and i will show you what i told you.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Okay i might be responding from bottom to up but the think is you cant use the sandman balls or the warp assassin's ball, both on human OR zombie, they does noting so most of the time i see people use the atomizer for double jump or some other Melee if they have auto bhop on them.

Well then that settles that. I see no need for MvM shields to be given to Medic then.

And for heavy I have played so much of the ZE gamemode thats from the first i saw people thats play heavy to "covering fire" for survivor is...2 people, because unless told, most heavies will just use the GRU (basically no down side) to run as fast as a pyro or even a SCOUT wich unless theres a medic he is the fastest class in the game on foot wich is good, and theres the buffalo steak so i will leave that to your imagination, about the heavy resistance then yes, i wasn't the brightest to bring it up so you got me at that part.

Alright well I agree heavies are inclined to use GRU on Zombie Escape but I don't agree they don't act as covering fire, neither that there isn't a downside to using the GRU. Firstly it all depends on what is going on in the map really. If it is a point of the map where the survivors need to be moving forward, yes of course heavies are best suited using the GRU since they move so slow. However if it is a checkpoint, heavies serve as a big part of covering fire until the checkpoint unlocks, given they can keep zombies pushed back and unable to progress (same with engies which I'll get to later) with a large amount of force. Furthermore, when heavies are using the GRU, they are left vulnerable because they are left with only a melee weapon (which is a death sentence on Zombie Escape where infection is upon contact). Sure they will be fast but they can be outsped by scouts and (possibly, I can't recall if for sure) medics.

And for the other choices i made because of the map selection, due to most of the maps are from csgo or cs:s so i know theres gonna be maps that are unbalanced..takes Ze_Deathstar_escape for example, good map, the zombie isn't that far away from the survivor and theres tele spawn so if you died then you ain't gonna fall 1000km away but at the last part of the map, 4 or even 2 assuming theres an engie keeping the sentries stock up on ammo can hold it down till the end of the match because not only its low gravity makes landing way much harder for the zombie to land down, instead they get pushed back or off the bridge making them teleported back, wasting valuable time.

A lot of Zombie Escape maps have chokepoints like that, yes, but then again I feel that is only fitting because the zombies have such an advantage of instant infection and thousands of HP. The odds may not be for them at points in the map such as the one you mention, but chokepoints such as this are challenges they need to (and, from experience, have many times) overcome. Furthermore chokepoints serve usually next to loading checkpoints for survivors, and so without any placement of advantageous positions for survivors within the map, they can be steamrolled while they are waiting for a checkpoint to open.

Bio Medic Offline

Feb 1, 2019
B.I.A Headquarters
i dont know if you can update this but this should be what happen to the next version of this mod

Heavy
he should have a resitance to zombie like spy and demo but his minigun should be able to ran out of ammo since a heavy cant just sit in one place and thats end game (heavy can take about 2-3 zombie)
Pyro
He should also have neft like heavy

Note: they should both have thier ammo refil when they are not firing thier weapons

Medic
medic should get the mvm shield if he using a kritzkrieg or a quickfix

Engineer

his mini should be firing with the speed of a normal sentry

that is all i got for the moment but i might do a new one
Yea, i don't know about this idea completely. The mini sentry has a decent firing speed so it doesn't need fixing. The heavy should totally loose ifinite ammo but he should not get any form of resitance. The medic should have resistance instead of an mvm shield, im not sure about the mvm shield idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.