Declined a permanent mute for "encouraging rule-breaking"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beecher

Nov 9, 2019
It's that time of month again!

Hello again, it seems I can't help myself when it comes to being a "funny man" in the virtual world of Team Fortress 2 Jailbreak, but perhaps I have crossed the line this time, and have gotten shot in the metaphorical vocal chords. I acknowledge the fact that I have several previous offences, and the fact that my next mute would have been permanent. This aside, I would like make an appeal for my unfortunate case here. That being, why should I be permanently be muted for jokingly telling blus to freekill some reds in a satirical manner, while people who consistently use racial, homophobic, and antisemitic slurs in the in game voice/text chat get a slap on the wrist of a weekly ban or several-day ban. I have been playing on the Wonderland NY/IL JB servers for a few years now, and have met some amazing people that I can truly call some of my best friends, (Who's Lord Weeb, =WL= Gulag, =WL= EpicLemon, hamish, The Meat Man, dexter, and so many fucking more). And to lose that opportunity of verbally speaking to someone on a server I usually play daily really sucks, and I really want that back.

Please take this into consideration,
beecher

• Haha
Reactions: floot_guy

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I would not consider a several day- to week-long ban a "slap on the wrist", but I digress. Everyone (unless you do something like use aimbot or whatever) gets multiple chances in the form of timed punishments before receiving an indefinite one. This applies to everyone including you, so I don't see any unfairness with those offenders receiving that punishment length and you getting yours. You have had many chances, even after you got warned that your next mute was permanent, and yet you continued to break the rules. So, I have a hard time feeling forgiving to you.

To add on, according to @Lolichu , you encouraged someone to say the n-word, not to freekill. That is very serious and quite deserving of a permanent silence in your case.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Yeah, I don't see any compelling reason to unsilence you. The rules are never meant to be broken, even as a joke. Furthermore, according to Lolichu, what you said led to someone actually saying the n-word, which just reinforces my point.

I think you should spend at least these next four weeks silenced. Perhaps I'll be more forgiving after you've spent some time punished, but given the amount of chances you've received, there's no guarantee.

Appeal declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.