Invalid Admin being dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually not really an appeal, just highlighting a flawed admin:

I don't particularly care that I've been banned and whatnot, not a server I think worth being on at all.

However the admins or mini mods or whatever are indeed a joke

31588504B0B7F9BFD8761F178CCADE1A9E4561C5

'Transphobia' which was the ban reason, was deemed to be as such even though this term would only be applicable to me making transphobic comments. However they nature of a debate is that things may be said that a party doesn't mean; his job should be to step in and say stop. Banning outright on the grounds that I'm making a point of how it's a mental illness and giving reasons why etc... is just a show of a lazy feckless admin that cares little for rules and more for a safe space.

Further more continued talk behind my back promoting a cancel culture behavior is even poorer; I'm afraid that this is just pathetic from Wonderland.

Anyway, y'all have fun with your shit show of a server.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Hello,

I believe you are misinformed about our rules. This is our rule against offenses such as transphobia (general rules communication offense #2):
  • No hate speech of any format.
    • This includes any use of slurs or variants on slurs.
This rule would cover statements such as calling trans people mentally ill, because while that may be what you believe, it is not only objectively incorrect, but it is also hateful speech towards a minority group (dismissing them and disparagingly referring to them as mentally ill). This would similarly cover other inflammatory, offensive remarks towards other groups of peoples, be it race, nationality, sexuality, gender identity, etc. So, the admin was correct in banning you for that. We are a gaming community, not a debate platform.

As for players disrespecting you, I do not see any of that within the screenshot provided. If you know of any players who were doing so and/or have additional screenshots, feel free to provide and I can look into them.

I assume you were looking for a response with this thread, so I will leave it open for 24 hours. If no response is given by then, I will close it.

Actually this is objectively correct, depression is similarly a mental illness. Trans is the belief you're a gender that you aren't, which in and of itself is delusional and thus categorised as a mental illness as it is a 'gender identity disorder'.

Regardless, moving on from the obvious mental delusion that this is, this was a claim and not necessarily a 'slur', the claim was that people who are 'trans' are mentally ill on the grounds that they THINK as such. This is entirely viable. Also 'not a debate platform' is moot as seen by the below:
Regardless, if you see no evidence in the screenshot of that (of which I'm not even making that point, good one), then I see no evidence of me making trans remarks regardless (i.e if I had stayed silent I could just claim it's a farce).

Doubly regardless, hate speech is only hate speech if it's impeding on a person's right to practice or questioning their being and unfortunately, saying that trans people are 'mentally ill' is neither of those, as it merely states the obvious that it is a psychological issue of being incapable to accept one's own birth-assigned gender caused by a hormonal balance.

It is still classed as a psychological disorder (euphemism for mental illness)

I bid you adieu, my point is proven

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Actually this is objectively correct, depression is similarly a mental illness. Trans is the belief you're a gender that you aren't, which in and of itself is delusional and thus categorised as a mental illness as it is a 'gender identity disorder'.
Doubly regardless, hate speech is only hate speech if it's impeding on a person's right to practice or questioning their being and unfortunately, saying that trans people are 'mentally ill' is neither of those, as it merely states the obvious that it is a psychological issue of being incapable to accept one's own birth-assigned gender caused by a hormonal balance.

It is still classed as a psychological disorder (euphemism for mental illness)
Being trans is not a mental disorder, again that is just simply incorrect. There's no debating that so I am going to move on. If you are still confused, a quick Google search can help you.

this was a claim and not necessarily a 'slur', the claim was that people who are 'trans' are mentally ill on the grounds that they THINK as such. This is entirely viable.
This is semantics. Yes it was not a slur (that part of the rule is not applicable to this situation), but calling your statements "claims" does not change anything.

Also 'not a debate platform' is moot as seen by the below:
View attachment 13499
Someone saying that they were debating someone else over a server does not change the entire community nor even the server's purpose. Again we are a gaming community, not a debate platform. In other words, we will not allow inflammatory/offensive comments as part of a debate. You are only allowed to discuss these topics if you are not violating our rules.

Doubly regardless, hate speech is only hate speech if it's impeding on a person's right to practice or questioning their being
Hate speech is hate speech; hateful speech towards a group of peoples. I don't know why you are adding a clause to what counts/doesn't count as hate speech.

Regardless, if you see no evidence in the screenshot of that (of which I'm not even making that point, good one), then I see no evidence of me making trans remarks regardless (i.e if I had stayed silent I could just claim it's a farce).
You have already admitted to saying that trans people were mentally ill and as I have explained that is against the rules. I figured that screenshot was meant to be evidence of you being disrespected after being banned, but if it isn't then alright. You are still free to contact I or another staff member with any concerns you have of harassment, slander, etc. being spread about you over our platform.

Anyway, I'll be closing this thread since this isn't a ban appeal nor are you providing proof of harassment or names of people who are harassing you. You violated our rules, this isn't a debate platform, end of story.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.