Accepted Appeal for possible rule infraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

horn3

Dec 19, 2017
Canada
Well, there is some interpretation with your rules, and I am not really sure I understand all of them nor why they were implemented.

Little about myself first, before assuming what my background was, I used to be an admin myself on another community with 40 TF2 servers for more than three years, so I have some fundamental understanding of proper game play and general shenanigans. I believe that I was almost on the tipping point of deriving a reasonable set of guidelines for in game which were fair when all my efforts were in vane. Apparently nobody cared about my time spent in game, so I since retired from it. Been quite some time until I found your place as a safe haven for me to play. I own ten premium accounts in Steam which I use for farming, testing, competing with other friends(at home on my many PC's I own and use and control) and also to enjoy benefiting from a few additional drops when I use those accounts. This is not hacking, as it takes infrastructure, power and computer processing power and money invested in the game to utilize. I essentially endorse Steam by doing this, so in a way I am contributing to the game.

Quite honest I have been playing on your server for several years with only one previous issue with receiving a temp ban because I was taunting in enemy re-spawn, which apparently is a bannable offense. No matter, I ignored the issue and continued playing like a gentleman as there is a grappler hook and no invisible door on the map I play to prevent people from entering enemy respawn, plus there enemy team spawns with godmode, so if there were any issues, the problem solves itself. Some times staff fail to take the time to be objective and in the face of a person with differing views, banning in a Lazy way of coping with problem solving. Quite honest, that was the only time I ever encountered a server administrator on that Florida server. I do know how difficult it is getting a server operator who not only has time to contribute hours to the game but has developed social and problem solving skill sets being a positive attribute to the game. I have even known to being banned from a forum once before for attempting to reason with an admin who obviously had something to hide by deleting my post and banning me from in game and on forum for a benign mic misuse issue that only occurred once. That is another story, but it doesn't surprise me as those type of games also occurred while I was an administrator myself. Other admins reporting on me or others because of some power play or not being able to swallow their own medicine.

Yesterday I was invited into game by a friend, and he asked that I join in with several of my alt accounts at the same time so he could get some kill counts on his new Australium. This individual was a young kid, and I like helping others in game, who are new to things, like setting up steam guard, achievements, where to trade items, what they are worth, and informing them on what to avoid in terms of scammers. I normally don't run multiple accounts at the same time while being away from the computer, but I had an appointment with the eye doctor. When I returned, Pixels301, Pixels302, Pixels303, Pixels305, Pixels309, Pixels314 and Pixels320 were all banned.

Normally this wouldn't be much of a concern except I really enjoy how you guys have the Florida Orange X3 server setup and use it as my primary place to get frags. I have many friends who I meet there and enjoy competing with one another. I have my primary account Pixels304 which I use for playing, and you have a silly rule that "using alt accounts to bypass bans is against the rules". I am not hiding anything, all my accounts have the name Pixels in them. Honestly, having a IP ban takes care of that issue, so why put that as a rule? There happened to be two IP addresses from me as one of my computers is behind a VPN, as my wife doesn't like prying eyes on her machine, so if you look into that and question my motives when you see that discrepancy, I have already informed you ahead of time. I won't attempt to play on any of your servers again until I obtain some form of resolution here to this issue. Sourcebans also is capable of adding additional IP addresses to the band list for banned Steam ID's which use other IP addresses automatically, and ban any other Steam ID which uses those new IP addresses, or at least did last time I was an admin.

If you require anyone to vouch for my authenticity here, I know a few people, but really shouldn't be required. If there really was an issue with me being AFK on the server, staff could have simply kicked me with a message like "Please do not use multiple AFK accounts on the server at the same time" and I would have complied. THIS IS NOT CHEATING, as indicated and is not HACKING or SCAMMING. I do understand how there can be confusion with this regard as I honestly don't know anyone else who does what I do, using multiple accounts simultaneously on multiple computers. I have the ability to control them one at a time from one PC, somewhat.

If you decide that I shouldn't do this, I'll encourage my friends to go elsewhere if they need to strange farm on my accounts. My only hope is that I don't run into some other admin on some other server who fails to understand what I am doing and mislabel me as a cheater. The few times I have done this, has contributed to filling the server up with more players when they see people are playing, so in a way I am contributing to your ad revenue by attracting players as well. I don't mind contributing where I can, and if you decide that I could better use my accounts on a different server I am open to suggestions.

Anyhow, I hope you take the time to read my thread and take the time to be objective. If you unban the accounts as indicated I will continue playing on your servers.

I will attempt to do my best answering any questions you may have.

Pixels.

• Angry
Reactions: Hypernova

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ Donor ★
May 29, 2018
It was my call to ban your accounts as bot accounts are usually used for cheating.
I was not the one who carried out the bannings, but the staff members who were on the server asked what to do. I made the wrong decision I see, and I am now owning up for it.
You are one of those 1 in a million who do not have a malicious intend with their multiple accounts. Yet again, sorry.

But
We do not condone the use of multiple accounts to strange farm nor fill a server, that you have strange farming & Idle servers specifically designed for.

Once again sorry for the misunderstanding, all of your accounts will be unbanned shortly after the acceptance of this appeal, but if you happen to use more than 1 account on the servers again, simultaneously, I cannot promise you that it will not happen again.

Appeal Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.