Declined Ban Appeal for Senor_Taco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Publius

Jul 7, 2022
1.) Include your ban profile link, if applicable:
Also linked account with Steam

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:
I was playing on the Custom Weapons 3 server on TF2C. We were playing on Mario_Kart, and as you may know, a lot of players go into the room with pictures of Cracky-Chan and call it the "femboy room". When people were bringing up that Cracky-Chan identifies or was assigned as female, like they regularly do, someone over voice made minor insults towards feminine guys and to trans people by sort of conflating the two. This kind of talk is pretty normal online, but I didn't like it and I was sick of hearing it. Like I did with my previous ban, I responded by calling them a homophobic slur but also added on a suggestion that they experienced childhood abuse.

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
I'd like to be respectful of everyone's time, but it took some time to explain why I said it, and then why I think it would be a good idea to unban me early.

I guess the reason I respond by being toxic and towards people that say discriminatory things is because it shuts them up. It feels like I'm fighting fire with fire, and it's nice to stop them early and not have them turn up the heat to being openly discriminatory. But doing what I do makes no sense: it probably hurts other people's feelings on the sidelines even if I direct it towards someone being hateful and I'd imagine that some people saying such discriminatory things could be repressing their feelings. What I'm doing isn't logically right, but it feels good in the moment. And now that I'm reporting things and seeing how quickly things get done here compared to other TF2 servers, that means I really have no reason to react in that way and should just report them instead.

I guess now that I've been caught and know that reports will be handled, I don't really have a reason to be toxic or discriminatory back to people. I also did a bit of contemplation while writing this and considered the other consequences of being like that, and now, I see that it's just not worth being like that. Because of those two realizations, I regret acting out in that way and not just reporting it instead. Since I no longer see any need to act that way and can help with reporting rulebreaking over these next few days that I have off (I'm very active on Thursday-Sunday and play during weird hours, so I can help with reporting infractions that are usually never seen), I'm hoping that my shorter ban will be appealed early.

tl;dr: toxic and use discriminatory language in retaliation, didn't realize other people would be hurt, no need to retaliate in that way since I can just report instead. I apologize, recognize my mistake, and think it would be useful to be on the server to report infractions instead of waiting out my ban

Davey

Dallas
★ Donor ★
Mar 18, 2019
Hungary
Hello. I appreciate for opening up about yourself and what you were banned for. I truly believe from reading your appeal that you regret your misdeed and will not condone such behavior in the future. However, I am unable to lift your ban for the following reason.

Last month, you had an infraction for the same behavior; hence, you have been aware of its illegality. You are responsible for controlling what comes out of your mouth regardless of the situation and bearing the consequences.

Appeal Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.