Declined Ban appeal for ''violation of SMAC/Aimbot''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuri_Gagarin

Apr 2, 2021
Greetings! My Steam username is Alucard, and on March 29 I was banned while playing trade plaza on wonderland.tf. During this time, I was playing sniper, scout, and soldier, and was for the most part tryharding. Nobody was accusing me of hacking, the most I got was banter for killing friendlies.

While I was on the server, I made the fatal mistake of using software to implement colored decals. I know it is not necessary at all, and to those out of the loop, yes, *it does exists*. The first time I used a colored decal was back in 2014 and at the time you'd use software to do colored decals as it was seen as the easiest form, especially as a 14 year old with little to no computer skills. I waited a few days to send this appeal, because when I submitted a complaint in the #help_desk section of the Discord, I was contacted by somebody with a bit of background knowledge on programming called Kobol. He asked me what software I used, and I linked it to him thru a google drive, which I will not post unless I am privately contacted.

Upon reverse searching we found the source, a github post from 2016, seen below. The important part of this image is that the github explicitly warns people to NOT use on any VAC secure server as injecting the program into the game, thus causing a file change is an easy VAC ban, which usually takes 3 days and I waited henceforth. I have not received a ban yet, which is a good sign. However, I launched, used and closed the program while on the server, and I can say definitively this is what ticked the SMAC and other anti-cheats to believe I was hacking, which I was not. Why it listed aimbot is a great source of confusion, but I digress.

Any further information I would be more than pleased to relay in any upcoming comments, and I look forward to your cooperation in my unban, thank you.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 12

Guac

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 11, 2019
In my experience SMAC is usually very reliable with bans such as this, especially if it says aimbot, which in this case wouldn't make sense if what you are saying is true. The only possible explanation would be if it had been an sv_cheats violation, which commonly happens in poorly made cheating clients that attempt to hijack a server, but it could possibly happen in this case. However, with an aimbot offense, I really just see no probable explanation for it other than that you cheated.

Appeal declined.e

Status
Not open for further replies.