Oct 5, 2018
Hi,

Here are the details of the ban (please let me know if you need more details):

Ban length - Permanent​
Reason - Advertising other servers​
Invoked on -10-03-18 01:41​
Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:433559630​

The following is the build up and cause of the ban:

1. Myself and a friend decided we wanted to connect to a MGE server and were talking about this on the Wonderland servers chat. (Simple conversation, just him asking 'Do you want to go and MGE?'. At this point I was not sharing any server details at all.)
  2. I gave him the IP address of the MGE server we would connect to through a direct message on steam (not across the Wonderland servers chat)
  3. Because we were chatting about moving to a MGE server in the Wonderland servers chat, another user who was connected to the Wonderland server asked if he/she could join us on the MGE server, I was more than happy for him/her to do so.
  4. I pasted the MGE servers IP address directly into the Wonderland servers chat. (I did this because I was not friends on steam with the the user who requested to come along and the first idea that came to mind to let him/her join was to share the IP address using the servers chat, as a direct message on steam was not an option).
  5. The 3 of us then proceeded to connect to the other server.
It has been a few days since I've tried to connect to a Wonderland servers so when I tried to today (05.10.2018) I was met with a ban message, which did confuse me at first as I had been absent from not only Wonderland servers but also TF2 for a day.

I'm hoping for my ban to be removed because:
  • The cause of the ban was a complete accident on my side - It didn't cross my mind that what I was doing was against the rules and if I had known this I would have never have done it.
  • I enjoy playing on your servers - The community is nice and the servers run really smoothly for me.
I also want to make it clear that I do not own the MGE server I was referencing, it was just a server which I quickly picked off the server list on TF2. I wanted to make this clear in case it could later play a part in deciding if the ban is removed.

If the ban appeal is declined, could I please have a response saying why ?(if possible. Thanks)

Thank you for reviewing this, I hope that you remove my ban as it would be a shame to not be able to return to that Wonderland server, it was a lot of fun. You can also be sure that I will be re-reading the server rules very thoroughly so I don't make a silly mistake again :)

Thanks,
nessie.

Status
Not open for further replies.