Declined Banned for "fake angle detection" during lag spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

saen211

Jun 3, 2022
1.) Account attached via Steam link

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:

A new round started, I had been rolling out as a demo, hit a lag spike where I was unable to move or look around, and was banned for the following:
[StAC] Player Super Saen211 was banned for having too many fake angle detections

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
I don't know what fake angles are, but I do not use any cheats. I have had issues with latency spikes where I am unable to move for a few seconds at a time every now and then, move my mouse during this time to wait for the spike to end, then get to play again (if I wasn't killed during this time).

I'm unsure why this detection occurred, you could assume from my stats that I was not cheating but I do see on the StAC bot forms that false positives are possible. I didn't take any recordings and am unsure what evidence I can provide besides what would possibly be in the logs from the server. I also did see this in the dev console prior to the ban (screenshot attached to thread):

Code:
Model '(null)' doesn't have attachment 'trail' to attach particle system 'rockettrail' to.
Model '(null)' doesn't have attachment 'trail' to attach particle system 'rockettrail' to.
Disconnect: 
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
You are BANNED. Appeal on the forums.

https://wonderland.tf/

Admin: Console
Reason: [StAC] Player Super Saen211 was banned for having too many fake angle detections. Total detections: 10
Length: permanent.
Disconnect: 
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
You are BANNED. Appeal on the forums.

https://wonderland.tf/

Admin: Console
Reason: [StAC] Player Super Saen211 was banned for having too many fake angle detections. Tota
Saving D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\tf2classic\vpks\tf2c_sound_misc.vpk.sound.cache
SoundEmitter:  removing map sound overrides [1134 to remove, 376 to restore]
1167.972821 BlockingGetDataPointer:  Async I/O Force ui\gamestartup9.mp3 (   16.44 msec /    16.48 msec total )
1356.225996 BlockingGetDataPointer:  Async I/O Force ui\gamestartup28.mp3 (   26.74 msec /    26.86 msec total )

Attachments

• console.png
    console.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 18

Sezei

most inactive ex. staff as of now
★ Donor ★
Jun 16, 2018
salt sea of saltiness
Hey there, considering you don't have any recordings or anything to base your ban upon, it's basically no way to determine if your ban was a false-positive or not. The anti-cheat usually doesn't falsely ban people for fake angles (speaking as someone who gets flagged over it because of my own lag-spikes, but it's not for fake angles), so I'll have to decline the appeal for now, at least until the anti-cheat manager re-opens it. If a month passes, feel free to appeal again.

Status
Not open for further replies.