Accepted Banned for "Homophobia"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bun-Bun

Feb 28, 2021
Hi there. I would like to start this appeal by first saying I am a pansexual transgender woman. I was banned yesterday for "Homophobia." My only guess to why this is was because I used the word faggot to describe MYSELF. Not anyone else. I'm pretty sure the entire thing was taken out of context and the Admin or Mod who banned me took it as if I was talking about someone else in a means to deteriorate and harass them (Which is something I would never do. I'm no angel, but I would never attack someone with something of there own personal life, especially knowing how harmful these words can be.) For context, the server was discussing what kind of person in school they were (Eg. "I'm the jock who hit's on the girls, stuff like that.) When it was my turn to describe myself. I said I was the "faggot" of the class, Again, I was talking about myself and honestly didn't even mean it in a negative or hurtful fashion. (It was also 1.30 AM, So I was rather tired, not saying that as an excuse, but for my choice of language.) I'm not looking to get unbanned, since this is only a day ban, I just think it's strange that I was banned for using a word that I used to describe myself. My only other guess for my ban was that the Admin/Mod in question thought I was describing myself in a negative way, which wasn't my intention. TL;DR: The context was blown way out of proportion and I could never see myself being Homophobic. Foul Language? Sure. Homophobia? No way.

Smug Rebellion

Master Rebeller
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Apr 7, 2020
Inside the Cells of Jailbreak
Hello there, after taking a look through your logs I have found where you said the homophobic slur:
Now after taking a quick review of the situation I would like to inform you that we do not allow the use of homophobic slurs or any kind of slurs for that matter regardless if you are talking about someone else, yourself, or just saying it out of the blue and for the fun of it. But, considering that this is your first offense I will be lenient with your punishment and let you go but, please keep in mind that we do not tolerate the usage of homophobic slurs no matter what.

Appeal Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.