Some Dumbass

Certified, and Awarded Special
★ Donor ★
Sep 21, 2018
Oregon, the rainy state
1.) Discord username with discriminator:
Riley#0873

2.) What happened?
At 12:35PM pst I was warned for quote “posting image with homophobic slur in it” which was this image
Un_2GQObtCFrSD0k4LPGjbDH3L7babGziNR9t2FhWrnROBULgiLQvqDCUM5Vo2Nq0JO2g3P-jmGG_8KfidOQj7Dr9jBWxM3QwMMTzUraHF0dSB18otneWyM83Ibe82qDemcHzVzv
Now yes I acknowledge the fact that the word used is associated with a shortened homophobic term, I demand that the word being used be put in the context that it was used in, i.e., a screenshot of a Dictionary defintion which is by all means and purposes the actual definition of the word. When used in the proper context, so there for warning me is a blatant disregard for the context of the word used and the dictionary definition provided what was looked at and labeled as a homophobic slur.

Then at 12:36PM pst I received an iso for quote “acting like a smartass and not taking things seriously” which in itself is a disregard for human personality and is not an accusable offence, to my knowledge for the three years I’ve been on discord, unless being a smartass is disrespectful which was not in this case.

Then it was added that I was baiting slurs as well, now this actually didn’t get put against me (to my knowledge), but I believe this need to be addressed as well, but I have not or will never pressure, or trick anyone into saying a homophobic slur and I believe I have not done that here, the sentence I believe that made me accused of this was “ey mate anyone got a f**?” said exactly like that star symbols and all, now I do not believe this to be a slur bait because anyone could have said a simple yes or no or even simply ignored it like everyone at the time did.

3.) Why should we unban/unisolate you?
As explained above the reason for the isolation in the first place is not an accusable offence, and stated no where in the rules of the server, the discord terms, the discord guidelines, or even on the forums that I can't show my personality, which I am a smart ass no doubt, and I believe I was not disrespectful in my smartass remark where I simply asked why I hadn't been warned or isolated for previous actions, I had done which were similar when staff had read, and even responded to.

Smug Rebellion

Master Rebeller
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Apr 7, 2020
Inside the Cells of Jailbreak
Hello there, I will be the admin handling your appeal. Now before I present some of the context I would just like to get some things out of the way first.
Now yes I acknowledge the fact that the word used is associated with a shortened homophobic term, I demand that the word being used be put in the context that it was used in, i.e., a screenshot of a Dictionary defintion which is by all means and purposes the actual definition of the word. When used in the proper context, so there for warning me is a blatant disregard for the context of the word used and the dictionary definition provided what was looked at and labeled as a homophobic slur.
Even if you have a definition of the word and you intended it as something else doesn’t mean that others won’t intend it the way you do. You could have used any other synonyms for that word but, you decided to choose that specific one which is already your fault. This would be similar to me using a racial slur and finding a definition of the word but, in different context and it will still be viewed as a portion of the slur which is why you were warned.
Then it was added that I was baiting slurs as well, now this actually didn’t get put against me (to my knowledge), but I believe this need to be addressed as well, but I have not or will never pressure, or trick anyone into saying a homophobic slur and I believe I have not done that here, the sentence I believe that made me accused of this was “ey mate anyone got a f**?” said exactly like that star symbols and all, now I do not believe this to be a slur bait because anyone could have said a simple yes or no or even simply ignored it like everyone at the time did.
Now it wasn’t because you pressued anyone to say that word it is because you said it yourself. And when looking back at the discord messages you never pressured anyone to say that word so this part you included here isn’t really relevant to the situation. Also when you input that sentence into the discord server it wasnt ignored and was noticed by a few of our members and staff team which was were you were warned. Also, we consider it to be slur baiting if they do use a similar format as you did when the message was typed. Just because it has different characters in the word doesn’t mean it would be different so the usage of stars and making it a point in your argument would be you trying to circumvent the rules in a way.
Now I will present somethings that is relevant to the situation
6DE5AE8D 88A4 464A B500 30C188625586E3E43CE6 045F 497C 8BA1 55FD905ED2D7
Now this can be an instance of you being a smart ass to staff members about the situation because you said that with the definition of it and context that it isn’t considered baiting when by our rules it would be considered baiting. And you can also see that some of the staff members told you that it was unnecessary and out of context.
B1F716E7 85B0 4D56 90FB 716E0BC93C3F
Now I included this picture here because what you did actually does go against our rules. The first one being is to use Common Sense and in the situation you didn’t use common sense and tried to circumvent the rules by saying that it wasn’t a slur yet it looked like one. Another rule that you broke was of course No Hate Speech of any format and in this case you used it in a way that you think it wouldn’t be against the rules which is why it is against the rules.
Overall, I will not be letting you out of isolation considering that you are a refular and have been on the server for quite a long amount of time so you should know what the rules are.

Appeal Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.