Accepted Cheating Ban thru Discord report

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.) Include your ban profile link, if applicable:
steam3ID: [U:1:304616026]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:152308013
| steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198264881754

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:
I got banned for cheating after a report in the discord Thread ID: (1171303256522244096)
I would like to share my side of the story, as I believe the ban was hasty and undeserved

Before I discuss the clip itself, I'd like to provide some information about myself.
I am a Pyro main with 3.4k hours in TF2, with approximately 1.8-2k on Pyro. After putting that much time into a class, one does develop game sense, which makes airblasting less about reaction time and more about understanding the enemy and how they play, enabling predictions of their actions. This also includes knowing when one is in an disadvantageous position.

In the clip first part of the clip it shows me being jumped by a scout, getting hit for 67, and airblasting them away, while also getting a reflect.

For the second part of that clip it's me being being jumped by the demo, me trying to airblast them down from the sniper battlements. causing to reflect their projectile , them once again jumping , and me airblasting them away, while also hitting a reflect.

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
. First, there was an outright lie: "After he went on voice chat."
I rarely use the TF2 voice chat; most of the time, I have all chat muted as it's part of my config. English is not my first language, so I might be misunderstanding the "After he went on voice chat." part wrong, if that is the case I apologise in advance.

First part of the clip:
I did not predict the demo shooting or have auto reflect, I tried isolate the gun fight. As a Pyro, airblasting is a way to achieve this. It was a fortunate, or in this case, unfortunate reflect.

Second part of the clip:
Putting oneself a position that forces the pyro to airblast in order to get the advantage while shooting a projectile at them is the fault of the other player for not considering that happening.
the demos knows, as they have done this for the last 30 minutes, that by jumping to the sniper battlements they will meet me who then airblasts them away/down. So they should have expected that I will again airblast them.

In both clips, as well as anyone that would have spectated me, they will see these consistencies, If someone is close, as I play puff n sting pyro, I'd rather have them at a few meters away to be able to react to reflect/ keep out of shotgun meatshot range, while still being able to hit flares easily, hence I prefer to airblast them at least once if they are too close for comfort

The lack of information given by the duo is on their part. In the first part for an example the scout could have called "going in" so the demo would know not to shoot.
I know this is a community 2fort server, but that doesn't mean it is my fault for their lack of communication while trying to kill someone

Another point I'd like to add is the "now they can't hit a reflect for the life of them"
Firstly, they provided a clip of me hitting a reflect while spectating me?
Secondly, I am worse at reflecting demo projectiles, as soldier is a lot more common in casual settings.
Thirdly, it was 5 in the morning and I was just playing some tf2, anyone that was on that server for that time, saw me miss flares/axetinguisher hits quite a lot.

I would also like to quote a moderator from that thread "I couldn't tell they were doing anything wrong from my time in there" going of a single clip I have been banned for airblasting in understandable situations to airblast.
I've also spent quite a lot of time on the wonderland 2fort servers, playing with all kinds of people as well as staff, and not once has someone reported me/ accused me of hacking before.

if proof is needed that those clips are quite normal I'd be willing to show more as I did make a small clip dumb a while ago.

Best regards,
Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.