CLARIFY: Force Baiting

yoyo

★ Donor ★
Apr 22, 2018
Hi, i'm 490 hours in the game. It's a shame that i don't fully know this topic yet.

I know the basic rule: Force baiting means you run up to someone and hit them while they aren't in your range in the first place

But in this exception, we were in Minecraft JB's Four Corners.
Warden had stated that we had full permission to run around and jump in the game, as long as you don't leave the game.

I saw this opportunity to hit a couple blus standing over the ledge in their zone. I was a demoknight with a sword so i got the reach advantage.
Please know: I was still in the game. I had never leaved. I simply ran around the game and hitted every blu i could see. This was entirely their fault: They could've not stood on the ledge.
So, i got killed, immediately, i was confused.

Please clarify what i did wrong so i don't do it again. thank you

TL:dr Hitting blus while in game

Plastic

𝓛𝓮 𝓟𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓬
★ Donor ★
Jan 22, 2020
The
I am pretty sure jumping to hit someone is KOSable due to you needing to jump to hit them. Which can be interpreted as you leaving your current position to hit someone.

I may be wrong, but am certain this is likely the correct answer.

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
Hi, i'm 490 hours in the game. It's a shame that i don't fully know this topic yet.

I know the basic rule: Force baiting means you run up to someone and hit them while they aren't in your range in the first place

But in this exception, we were in Minecraft JB's Four Corners.
Warden had stated that we had full permission to run around and jump in the game, as long as you don't leave the game.

I saw this opportunity to hit a couple blus standing over the ledge in their zone. I was a demoknight with a sword so i got the reach advantage.
Please know: I was still in the game. I had never leaved. I simply ran around the game and hitted every blu i could see. This was entirely their fault: They could've not stood on the ledge.
So, i got killed, immediately, i was confused.

Please clarify what i did wrong so i don't do it again. thank you

TL:dr Hitting blus while in game
i think i was on that server but i don't remember

Reactions: Joyless (Seasonal?)

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
I remember guac or some admin telling me. That jumping to hit someone on goals is kos since he isnt in the game itself. I would apply same knowledge to your situation.

yoyo

★ Donor ★
Apr 22, 2018
I remember guac or some admin telling me. That jumping to hit someone on goals is kos since he isnt in the game itself. I would apply same knowledge to your situation.
would love admin input on this --- the case is four corners @minecraft jail, please remember.
i'm confused on why jumping = leaving game? my whole body is still inside the intended area

yoyo

★ Donor ★
Apr 22, 2018
But your melee has your range was put into his range
that doesnt make any sense
Post automatically merged:

I am pretty sure jumping to hit someone is KOSable due to you needing to jump to hit them. Which can be interpreted as you leaving your current position to hit someone.

I may be wrong, but am certain this is likely the correct answer.
thanks for your input.
it's contradicting, given that warden had allowed us full permission to move around and not be in one position

Plastic

𝓛𝓮 𝓟𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓬
★ Donor ★
Jan 22, 2020
The
that doesnt make any sense
Post automatically merged:

thanks for your input.
it's contradicting, given that warden had allowed us full permission to move around and not be in one position
You are putting the guard in your melee range without an order in place (follow warden, goto specific area, etc) therefore, you are force baiting. And the guard is not in the game, so you have no right to approach them.

Reactions: Redds

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Another admin might chime in and correct me for this as I'm sure there are others who have vastly superior knowledge to me, but:
  1. Warden allowed REDs to run and jump.
  2. BLUs were standing over the ledge - not directly inside Four Corners - which is a RED area.
  3. Therefor, any REDs who go for BLUs are forcebaiting as no BLUs are inside the designated RED area, even if Warden allowed them to jump and run around.
From my point of view, you were right to be KOS as BLUs were not actively inside the RED area inside Four Corners, even if the ledge allows for it.

Reactions: Plastic and Redds