• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Disallow the selection of pyro for guards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byte

Apr 3, 2020
The pyro is innately a freehit and freekill machine. The class adds nothing to jailbreak other than consistent kills of REDs that were not meant to be targeted through flame damage and afterburn damage. Not to mention the spam of airblast that comes from them, which can impact REDs in an active minigame as well as freedays. The class is an unnecessary pain for REDs.

cottage

Fake
Honorary Member ★
Nov 19, 2019
>18
This concept applies to all classes, as well the fact that the class itself is a pain is a reason It's there for the first place. Blue's classes or the way they are balanced are designed to stop reds from rebelling. Any class can freekill and it could be very easy, as well be a nuisance like Demoman's sticky trapping, soldiers mass freehitting, or sniper's machina. Maybe excluding Medic & Engineer, but you get the point hopefully.

HPRocket

Honorary Member ★
Nov 26, 2020
The United States of America
A while back, I suggested a concept somewhat similar to what you are mentioning in your post, which I do still believe is the best solution to Pyro's freehitting problem. (https://wonderland.tf/threads/jb-suggestion-guard-pyro.17633/) I, however, do not agree with the removal of Guard Pyro from JB as a whole. I normally play Pyro when on guard, and I hardly do freehit (stock flamethrower + flare gun).

lolnutt

what the pog doin?
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Feb 18, 2020
The Deep
Pyro is a key part of not just jailbreak but also tf2 in general. restricting it would be bad imo. Also I don't actually see that many people playing pyro in the jb servers much as they mostly play scout, sniper, spy or soldier on blue and only a select few play pyro.

This is just a Terrible idea. -1

Status
Not open for further replies.