Declined Gag/Mute Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam!

Jul 23, 2018
United States of America
1.) Include your ban profile link:

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:
first off, i was muted for eight hours for playing a 5 second voice clip, the clip in question goes "our house, in the middle of our house." The reason stated under why the ban comms ban was so long was for previous offenses. ill come back to that in a second, but on the grounds of the gag, i was gagged for saying the words and i quote "*Cough cough* George Floyd" and the reason stated behind that one was "ignoring staff-continued to talk about george floyd politics/sensitive topics - extended due to previous punishments." This gag lasts for four hours.

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
The majority of the comm bans that i have received have been appealed and or resolved and still show on my account. Such as the time i was comm banned for two days because someone said i was warden impersonating and i said the n-word. I appealed this as the admin who comm banned me had zero proof that i had done either one of those things and i had multiple eye witness accounts stating that it didn't happen. The remainder of the comm bans that occurred are from more than a YEAR ago. Im not sure about all of you but i am definitely a very different person that i was in 2018 or even 2019. I am also extremely confused how a 5 second voice clip with zero warning classifies as Mic spam? I looked for the official mic spamming rules to see if they had changed but from what i remember it was anything over 15 seconds after a warning was administered, now i could be completely wrong, i haven't been on in roughly a year. But i think 12 hours of not being able to speak is extreme overkill. I could understand if i had said something offensive or i was starting a whole political discussion, but i literally only said "George Floyd." I understand not wanting everyone to have a huge discussion on what side of the whole thing they are on, but the fact that mentioning it would incite a gag is just baffling. Thank you for taking the time to read this report all proof will be attached in the files.

Attachments

• Proof.png
    Proof.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 10

Guac

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 11, 2019
I have spoken with the staff member who punished you, and I would like to know why exactly you continued about the topic after the staff member warned you.

Adam!

Jul 23, 2018
United States of America
I have spoken with the staff member who punished you, and I would like to know why exactly you continued about the topic after the staff member warned you.
i hadn't said anything on the subject beforehand, it was brought up by another player. I expected it to be just like a quick conversation then just be over but they received a heated response from the staff member for no reason, which then obviously enraged most member of the server as there was no reason to get that upset at a mention of a real world issue. I said the name George Floyd as a response to an action myself an many others felt was unjustifiable. And it wasn't like i was saying a bunch of controversial stuff, just a name that's it.

Guac

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 11, 2019
Regardless, you saw the warning for other players to stop speaking on the subject, and yet you mentioned it afterwards?
Other than that, I believe you lied about having appealed other commbans you have received in the past. Looking at your forum profile, you have not a single post other than this one. In relation to the mic spam, what you have admitted to doing is still classified as mic spam. Also, you have not had a commban removed from an appeal on this account.

Appeal declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.