Declined Guardban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesMusician

★ Donor ★
Dec 10, 2020
Ray 97/120 (10.12.2020) abusing /wslay

I was on the WL NY Jailbreak server, playing as warden. I called all the reds to bombrush to the red line in front of cells, then AFK AFM. While the Reds were bombrushing, a Red sniper exited cells, to only be greeted with a Blu scout in his face, which he promptly killed along the way to the line. The man known during that game as only sniper decided to start attempting to kill this Red, without me issuing a kill on him, rather saying to leave him alive. Sniper backed off, albeit for a very short time, for as soon as I told them to bombrush to the blue line and AFK AFM, he instantly killed the sniper in cold blood, against my orders. I asked him to slay himself, for freekilling him, yet he did nothing but stand still. I asked him again, and he argued, saying he, in fact, was not bombrushing to the line, and went out of his way to kill the scout. I called him out for being incorrect, and the rest of the Blus sided with me, as they also saw what happened. He stood still and silent, as I typed out his guardslay. A few seconds after the vote was initiated, I was guardbanned due to "misuse" of the /wslay ability. The entire server was against this choice, everyone on my side of the story, while sniper just stood there, ignoring it all, eventually leaving.

The entire server was against him, not by me being friends with all of them, but due to it being an unjust guardban.

I believe I should have my guardban removed, as it was a false ban, and bring me back to the side of the Blus, to keep the server from having more freeday mishaps.
Post automatically merged:

I now have some evidence to back my claims, thanks Ray!

Attachments

• Team_Fortress_2_2020-12-09_23-15-06_Trim_Trim_2.mp4
    5.3 MB
Last edited:

Ray

Head Weenie
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
Canada
In the video you provided the sniper was about to leave the cell, however turned around to attack the scout in the cell. He then chased the scout towards the blue line which was clear as he landed on the blue line and not the red one. These are both examples of forcebaiting, as the sniper instead of heading straight towards the red line went out of his way to kill a guard. You wouldnt have been able to pardon him as that would be favouritism, the red knew what he was doing. after I killed him he didn’t say anything about it, you however asked about it and I simply said to let it go as the red wasn’t complaining. I say this because being the warden doesn’t mean you can minimod, it’s one thing if I ignored the red and you want to help him out but when they don’t say anything it becomes unnecessary and annoying. I wasn’t standing still and picking my ass like you claim. You were persistent so I gave you the reason, and told the red when he finally spoke up. Finally you had what I remember only two people claiming I was wrong and agreeing with you, including the red who was killed. I don’t remember if anyone else spoke up and it’s really irrelevant for that matter, you can’t take other peoples word, if you aren’t 100% then you can’t take action. I did stay silent after that cause it should have ended there (and preoccupied killing a red) but you decided to initiate a voteslay. After that, you tried to complain about it along with a few other players but i told everyone to drop it and i told you I’d be willing to take it to dms, or i could give the person to contact to report me, and I believe you may have gone afk I don’t recall you saying anything after that. Finally I stayed for a bit to make sure that situation was over with, then went on to another server for whatever report was going on there. Anyways that’s my side of it. Another staff member will have to handle this from here.

Tonic

Reconnected
★ Donor ★
Nov 9, 2019
The Edge of the World
After hearing both sides of the story. I do believe that you are in the wrong in this case. You can clearly see the sniper making an effort to get that last hit on the scout to kill them. It's also very evident that when the sniper landed on the blue line he attempted to quickly jump back onto the red line, to avoid being marked KoS by you. Ray has a point, and the video backs that point up. I think you should just serve out your guardban and understand the situation. If you still have any questions regarding this appeal/my choice to not unguardban you, feel free to DM me on Discord. Thanks for understanding,

Appeal Declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.