hi

SvenyTheFox

professional fox
★ Donor ★
Mar 31, 2019
ctf_2fort
my introduction is way overdue as i joined the forums in like 2019, yet I never introduced myself

i am a silly fox who likes programming, cinematography, photography, producing music, drumming, wpm tests, fps games, driving sims, djing, VR, and too much more (mainly programming though :3). I mostly hang out in the 2fort servers, either as a pyro, or a sniper, rarely another class (except if im bored and just wanna do something else like engi) and im always up 2 talk so if for whatever weird reason u wanna talk to me (who would do that???) u know where to find me

💜

SvenyTheFox

professional fox
★ Donor ★
Mar 31, 2019
ctf_2fort
speaking of programming, what languages have you learnt or still learning?
currently learning js/ts, also was learning C# but i stopped in favor of js/ts for now, I am quite interested in C++ and Rust as well though. I also know some Lua.

As for js/ts, I'm learning how to use svelte, vue, express.js (for backend), as well as the general tooling for TS to make me a better programmer :3

EDIT: forgot to mention I know php

• Wow
Reactions: floot_guy

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
can u pls help me understand cuz i just dont get why u would ever need the memory address of a variable???
I don't usually use pointers but
you basically use it to handle the data stored in a variable's memory location

declare Data;
declare *Pointer;
Pointer =&Data;

it basically says - ' Pointer points to the memory address of Data'

Pointer is set to be the memory address of Data

the memory can be directly accessed, so, any changes can be made directly to the memory location of the variable rather than the variable itself. it's supposed to make programs execute faster and efficiently

idk much on pointers, i don't apply it in my programs.

• Love
Reactions: SvenyTheFox

SvenyTheFox

professional fox
★ Donor ★
Mar 31, 2019
ctf_2fort
I don't usually use pointers but
you basically use it to handle the data stored in a variable's memory location

declare Data;
declare *Pointer;
Pointer =&Data;

it basically says - ' Pointer points to the memory address of Data'

Pointer is set to be the memory address of Data

the memory can be directly accessed, so, any changes can be made directly to the memory location of the variable rather than the variable itself. it's supposed to make programs execute faster and efficiently

idk much on pointers, i don't apply it in my programs.
ah, i see. i can imagine that is only for rly advanced programs?

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
how come it's useful for files? :eek:

files are sent to the RAM when it gets handled by a software, i guess

:trolled:

it is also important to clear files pointers so that it doesnt pile up in your memory
this is called unloading
there are several libraries that reduce the effort of creating file pointers, but you still have to unload it manually.

unlike in OOP, where it is done automatically.(java, c++...)

Reactions: SvenyTheFox

SvenyTheFox

professional fox
★ Donor ★
Mar 31, 2019
ctf_2fort
files are sent to the RAM when it gets handled by a software, i guess

:trolled:

it is also important to clear files pointers so that it doesnt pile up in your memory
this is called unloading
there are several libraries that reduce the effort of creating file pointers, but you still have to unload it manually.

unlike in OOP, where it is done automatically.(java, c++...)
i seeee, sounds like a bit of a hassle lol

SvenyTheFox

professional fox
★ Donor ★
Mar 31, 2019
ctf_2fort
thx
will ttyl cuz im also interested in that 'music production & djing' part

i use fl studio & rekordbox btw
for future floot:

i use virtualdj because of it's compatibility with soundswitch (DMX visualisation studio that sync's to DJ software so u can be a 1 man band with cool light effects), and for editor, ableton and sometimes if i just wanna goof around fl studio (BOTH FULLY LICENSED!!!!!)

• Woah
Reactions: floot_guy