How do you become a good admin?

xzh3r

Feb 11, 2020
nah
I'm thinking about applying for admin pretty soon and if I do, i'm wondering how to be a good and semi-respected admin? I don't want to be hated by the community and classified as the worst admin ever.

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
So, firstly. Do your job, answer calls and reports. You don't want to be so strict on rule breakers but at the same time, don't be so lenient. Since you are applying soon enjoy your time playing. Don't be so focused on becoming staff, just relax and be yourself. I wish you luck.

D

Deleted member 8006

Well first you gotta meet the requirements to become a Mod (You start as a Mod then you can be promoted to an Admin later).

The requirements can be seen here:

And what they are looking for is here:

Also, when you apply to be a Mod, make sure that you do not have any recent bans, team bans, iso's, forum bans, etc. Also, as stated in what they are looking for, make sure you "talk like a mod," as being toxic/mean is something they do not want staff to have.

D

Deleted member 8006

well.. what do i do to see if a report is false or not? how do i know if i'm supposed to ban, kick, gag, mute or warn people? is there training?

The action that is required for rulebreakers are all dependant on the server/what they did. For example, if they freekilled in Jailbreak, it would be a guard ban. I'm not sure if they do training, but it mostly comes from experience for the action needed.

However, what I was saying is that you yourself shouldn't have any recent offensives, as that will look really bad for you applying to be a staff member. If you want to see if you have any recent bans/gags/etc., you can check on Discord under the commands tab, which you put:

wln!b (Your Steam ID, No Parentheses)