How is Your New Year's Resolution Going?

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
As is tradition, we all usually have new year's resolutions.
I personally tend to have year-long goals that I can achieve over the course of the year casually, and not particularly dedicate too much priority to. This allows me to live my life without spending too much time worrying about if I'm achieving it.

My new year's resolution this year was to continue my progression into conversational Korean, a goal which I've had since 2019 when I left my old job and found a lot of free time! Although, times have since changed and I haven't had nearly as much time to spend studying Korean.
It's already May and college has kicked my butt so far, so my Korean studying has been rather stagnant. That being said, I am still able to read bits and pieces here and there, however I'm waning in proficiency in phrases and vocabulary that I used to remember off by heart
Hopefully, by the end of the year I'm one step closer to achieving this. :katlove2:

A taste of my fluency (or lack thereof) so far:
안녕하세요 여러분! 저눈 소원읍니다. 영국에서 살아요.
유튜브로 한국어를 배우하지만 한국말 잘 못해요.
원더랜드 가장 좋아해요.
체리블렛의 허지원 목소리가 가장 예뻐요. 지원 그냥 정말 아름다요. 좋아하는 노래는 체리블렛의 'Love in space'.

What was everyone else's new year's resolutions, and how are you doing with them? We're nearly half way through the year, let's see some progression!

Reactions: Lavaball

Bryan

Senior Admin ★★
Jailbreak Manager ★
Suggestions Manager ★
★ Donor ★
Sep 29, 2019
U.S./Brazil
My Japanese is improving, at least I think, at this rate I should be able to speak in casual conversations in no time. Also gl with your Korean studies, Asian languages are tough man.

• Love
Reactions: sowon

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
My Japanese is improving, at least I think, at this rate I should be able to speak in casual conversations in no time. Also gl with your Korean studies, Asian languages are tough man.
Korean is probably the easiest of the Eastern Asian languages though, it uses a phonetic alphabet comprised of consonants and vowels, so really easy for someone to pick up, harder to learn the grammar for sure though.

Good luck to you too!

• Love
Reactions: Bryan