TF2 I need an explanation.

⭐kanna

Mar 5, 2021
in spaaace
Why do all the F2P's/Fresh-off-the-block/Newbie players always have names like "jvanson.1293" or "juanmulan.30482." I understand that they are probably kids who's mom told them to put their name in the username or something like that, but what's with the number? And they usually move really stiff like. There's bad, and then there is absolutely brain-dead which I don't think most new players play like. They just seem so.....off....Are they bots or something? I've been wondering this for awhile now. When I first started playing TF2, my names would usually be something like "xXX_(Cringe Xbox name)_XXx" (Something to that effect) Or something dumb I liked when I was younger. I feel like all these players follow the same format, a dot in the middle of the name followed by a number. It really bugs me to think there are just a large host of players who's name just so happens to follow this exact same format.

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
xX.eDgeL0rd.69.Xx

Usually players use their DOB in their name to make it 'unique'. Or it would just be the default username they use to log-in or the first part of their e-mail.

Other cringe names are searched using Google, like the xX..Xx or they saw someone else use it and thought it looked cool. Just like the Ghostly Gibus.
Sometimes they use the name of anime/cartoon characters or other fictional characters because they lack naming ideas. Usually people name themselves for what they are or what they've become. And to become someone, you need time and experience to develop your skills.
Usually, experienced players prefer to keep their Anime character name because they love the character or represent it.

Some add 420, 69, noscope, the sniper emoji..., referencing to MLG
Others are just smurf account used for trolling newbs and friends.