If you had power over TF2's updates,what would you change?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Very Minty, May 4, 2018.

1. Very Minty

Very Minty Member ★

If you had the power to buff,nerf,add or remove anything at all what would you do?

What changes would you make and how would that effect the players?

2. Eight

Eight Restless Super-Admin ★

This isn't a buff or nerf, but I'd certainly have more support given to community servers. For example, an option in quickplay where you can queue for community servers running certain maps you want to go to. I'd also add the options to queue for non-official maps that are running a stock gamemode along with being able to queue for community-made gamemodes such as VSH, Deathrun, etc. Perhaps, even being able to queue for specific community-made gamemodes (only the popular ones, and then maybe a Misc. category).

I'd also possibly add a penalty for continously leaving Casual games midway, like after leaving maybe 3-5 games in a certain period of time, you would get a short block on playing casual that'd be 30 min - 1 hour, and longer and longer as a user met the qualifications for more and more bans. This would discourage users from leaving a game just becaues their team was losing, as unfortunately this is a common trend in casual and one that can ruin games.

There's more I could think of but I don't feel like writing a lot. :p

3. Very Minty

Very Minty Member ★

The Casual penalty is something I really hope actually gets added. I cannot count the times I enter a casual server and it's 8 players against 4 because people keep quitting.

4. SuperGuard

SuperGuard British Quality Gentleman Admin ★

- Revert the Baby Face's Blaster to its original stats (no boost lost on damage and instead see about fixing the Scout outrunning his hitbox).
    - Fix the Back Scatter to: either do crits rather than mini-crits or redesign the weapon as a whole.
    - Buff the Sun-On-A-Stick to block more fire damage while active, making it viable.
    - Buff the Battalion's Backup to block backstabs when buff is active.
    - Nerf the afterburn damage of weapons back to 3 instead of 4 (since the buff Valve did has made flare guns and W+M1 Pyros pretty OP).
    - Revert the Panic Attack to its original stats (shots stored like Beggar's Bazooka).
    - Revert the Cleaner's Carbine to its original stats (mini-crits on kill rather than charge).
    - Buff the Ambassador so that all crits still deal 102 damage but the range restriction still exists.

- A new MVM tour for certain.
    - Restricting players leaving in casual can be awkward with different game modes. Take CTF not having a timer for example, they can go on for hours.
    - And of course new weapons.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Suomimies55

Suomimies55 Member ★

I would revert the Sandman back to its original stats before the awful nerf. (They made the weapon useless)

6. Rampage

Rampage Member ★

I would probably add more pdf skins for the engineer, (cause there's only one) and modify them so that the console would look different to go along with the skin something like this. [​IMG]

7. Eight

Eight Restless Super-Admin ★

Another idea I got (from SuperGuard's mention of adding another MvM tour):

Add another Wave 666-esque tour (I.e different MvM map, but a challenging and long round where you get 5000 money at the start like Wave 666). I think many people would be interested to do this, since a lot of people like the existing Wave 666. Perhaps even have it so you could gain item rewards and a badge for completing this.

8. vikingo12

vikingo12 Member ★

remove pyro

9. Smiley

Smiley Member ★

Well... I would change (repair or add):
    - hitboxes (I never met a person not annoyed by facestabs.)
    - competetive (I would add: 12v12)
    - MvM (new maps, improving gameplay and better prize for beating a map)
    - casual (I wouldn't change joing and anything like that but I would add rewards for winning and rewars for leveling up.)

10. <2F F> Captain Maxxy

<2F F> Captain Maxxy Member ★

I would revert Valve's casual updates and get the regular quick play back. Don't need more than that. ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice