TF2 jail_minecraft_dynf_v11.bsp. finished after 2 years and 3 months.

xyso

gamert
Mapper
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Feb 18, 2021
united states
Intro
well, i don't really know how to start this, but id first like to say I'm sorry the way I first introduced this map concept to the community, the way me and mmadrid (my old friend who worked on this with me) approached this terribly, it was an ego driven project, I wanted people in the community to "like" me more, because most had already disliked me, things were unfinished, rushed, and overall EVERYBODY hated it. well this time I decided to do it right, and deliver what I promised two years ago. So now, I present to you, the all new, tested, finished, polished, optimized...
jail_minecraft_dynf_v11!!!!!

Changelog
WHATS NEW:

• BUMBLEBEAM has been added! Located in forest, near the soccer field.
  • TIC-TAC-TOE has been added! Located in the river, near box game.
  • CLIMB has been added! Located in-between minefield and bowling.
  • SPLEEF has been added! Located behind diner.
  • Added the AETHER DIMENSION! Accessible through the nether dimension.
  • Added 9 painting scattered across the map, breaking all 9 will BREAK the gates that block the nether portal, making it accessible.
  • Added 3 potions scattered across the map, breaking all 3 will allow you to break a wall in red side arena.
  • New breakable has been placed in the lower right wall of chest area that leads into disco.
  • Lower cells now have iron bar windows like the top ones.
  • The bottom right cells' iron bar window is now a 500 health breakable.
  • Added a stairway to the top of tower to greet (or explode) Kruthal.
  • Added toggleable bowling lanes in bowling.
  • Added 2 new spectator cameras.
  • Added speakers to disco.
  • Added a ramp going into forest for more trimping.
  • Added a ladder near the front of Spleef.
  • The maps overall lighting has been made a little bit darker.
WHAT'S BEEN CHANGED:
  • All textures have been updated to use the latest Minecraft versions textures (1.20).
  • Cat on cat tower has been replaced with KRUTHAL.
  • Knife pit stairs and outer cell floors have been replaced with spruce wood to add variety.
  • Trapdoor open and close sounds have been updated.
  • Pools hot tub has been a more minecraft-y look.
  • Removed the deathrun reset button.
  • Diner ovens' textures have been changed to look more like an actual oven.
  • Cell door button has been removed (will most likely be added back for full server compatibility)
  • Some minefield mines have been moved around
  • Moved the minefield text to the actual start of the game.
  • Removed the unused buttons in club glod and replaced it with a "victory pad".
  • All doors can no longer deal damage and kill the user.
BUG FIXES:
  • Fixed an issue where the creeper could sometimes explode through walls.
  • Fixed an issue where the grass textures on the 3d skybox were upside down.
  • Fixed an issue where bowling balls could sometimes vanish.
  • Fixed a bug with four corners where after consistent button presses within 2 seconds would break the game for the rest of the round.
  • Fixed a texture clipping issue on the cell stairs.
  • Fixed a texture clipping issue in field near club glod.
  • Fixed an issue where tardis would report a LOT of errors in hammer.
  • Fixed an improperly scaled texture in field.
  • Fixed an issue where the bowling texture wasn't being rendered by the game.
  • Fixed an issue where you could stand on the edge of the main cell area walls by one unit.
MAP OPTIMIZATIONS:
  • Fixed many brushes that should've been func_detail(s).
  • Added many skip/hint textures to choose what the map renders for each player.
  • Glass on top of pool have been set to normal glass (no longer breakable) due to it causing major lag to low-performance systems.
  • Front glass on diner and club glod have been made to glass panes (no longer breakable) due to low-performance systems.
  • Base entity count (edicts) has been reduced from 1260 to 1140.
  • All trees have been created into a model, this will reduce resource usage as the game will no longer have to render each individual block.
  • Many textures that are never seen by the player have been set to NODRAW to reduce load on system resources.

And that's all! I'd like to give a huge thanks to my friends who have helped me test this map (mainly Phys and Drunkle), and my good friend HueZee who assisted with optimizations and creating the tree model files. Beta testing will be an event hosted on New York servers, August 26, 2023, at 1 PM - 5PM EST. See pictures of the map below!

20230821161709 120230821161703 120230821161653 120230821161718 120230821161747 120230821161741 1

20230821161725 1

Strafey

Poponyanya
★ Donor ★
Jan 19, 2021
a pleasant place
add more minigames, like 10 more, make it super cool. oh also rework the entire map so it isnt minecraft, but block craft 3D, like the mobile game. I think that would be pretty cool, oh also make it so like blus get to have free valveu arocket launcher soi its like super easy for uas to get like lots of kills n stuff. I think that would fit hte map very well. Yeah like make a secret that givces you the rocket launcher i think thats cool! But like the rest seems fine i guess, keep up its like very cool

• Bruh
Reactions: Sezei