Accepted Jimmy Gaming Misinformation+Homophobia Perm Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Gaming

Oct 27, 2022
1.) Include your ban profile link, if applicable:

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:
I joined a game as sniper, I decided to try and get better at him.
Me and this experienced sniper main traded about 1 or 2 kills before he started laugh taunted, I started focusing my attention to him and saying "ez" after every kill whilst default taunting.
I killed him about 3 times, he killed me once before I eventually got banned.

During this I flaunted the fact that I am beating an experienced sniper main whilst having about 13 hours on sniper.
I also insulted a pyro main that had a 90,000 kills flamethrower for having a 90,000 kills strange flamethrower, a player with the chat tag "over lord" said that it wasn't very "sigma" of me (i had the chat tag sigma male)
This resulted in me calling him a gaylord.
3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
I got banned for 2 reasons according to the ban profile link:
Misinformation
Homophobic slur (gaylord)

To combat the first reason, the only "misinformation" I even spouted out is that I had 13 hours on sniper, even if I was blatantly lying this definitely does not constitute a ban. I checked my profile and it says I have 3.8 hours on sniper? before my reset I had about 8 so it was pretty accurate to 13 hours if you add it up. The admin probably thought I was lying because of my spec ks shooting star which i bought yesterday after playing with the machina for 30 minutes.

For the second one, honestly, the amount of times I've seen players with the "femboy" tag use gay as an insult whilst being gay themselves is too much. I honestly thought that the gay insult was post ironic in the Tf2 community and that using it isn't an insult, but as a funny "XD" moment.
You can check my ban links and see that homophobia is a repeating offense of mine, I'm not actually homophobic, and if I do get unbanned, I'll stop using gays as the expense of my jokes.
Honesty, the ban was really surprising and I am a bit shocked I got perm banned like this. My repeating "EZ"s after every kill probably helped with it, maybe the sniper complained to an admin.

Tl;Dr: I won't be homophobic again and will no longer make mistakes about my play time hours.

Davey

Dallas
★ Donor ★
Mar 18, 2019
Hungary
Hello @Jimmy Gaming.
I will approach your appeal two-way, both recorded offences, starting with the spread of misinformation and then the homophobic slur.

After investigating the evidence of the spread of misinformation, I found it insufficient to justify the permanent ban. The punishment was mistakenly blown out of proportion by my colleague. As a result, I lifted this offence off your record.

However, the homophobic slur offence was justified. Unfortunately, your chat log revealed more than just "gaylord". You'll find evidence of repetitive homophobia by you in the spoiler box below.
Considering that you had multiple infractions for hate speech in the past, I will not lift this offence off your record.

Your ban was reduced to 2 weeks. The subsequent will be permanent.
Appeal Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.