Not new here, but introducing myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

horn3

Dec 19, 2017
Canada
Seems I neglected to say hello when I joined many many months ago.

I have been using computers since the age of the 8088 computer. Went to school to learn the skills of a Electronic Engineering Technologist and spent a lifetime utilizing my skills designing, manufacturing and servicing tools for Big Brother (monitoring systems). I now upgraded my job to a Truck Driver, and likely will not look back for reasons I will not get into. I still enjoy Tech, but everything is so Microsoft or BIG TECH dependent that it is beginning to turn my stomach. I have been playing Half Life when it first came out, then to Team Fortress Classic and then Team fortress 2. I have been there seeing the surreptitious measures taken place with dropping support for older platforms, removal of easy to access options, destruction of the friends list and the dismantling of open communities through buggy code and added complexity to the gaming interface. It is in my opinion, that any investment in this platform is "Buyer Beware". I have even had the luxury of administrating a Forum and 100 servers for several years and since observed the loss of interest in that community since I left. I really enjoyed problem solving with new staff and psychological games that players employ for when they are bored. I developed a great flexible set of guidelines but all my work was destroyed very quickly after I left by someone intending to infiltrate the community for their own personal gains. My best friend who ran the servers I rarely speak to any more because he took the side of a person who he never met over a guy who has stuck by his side for many many years. I hold trust as one of my biggest values in life, and if I am not trusted where I have given no reason not to be trusted, usually ends up in the erosion of friendship or professional association. This is also true for who I work for.

I have been playing on your servers with several different accounts and was banned once before for having a few AFK accounts on a server which I was playing. It was cleared up and I complied with the request not to. I idle these many accounts of mine on different servers to obtain my drops or to assist others with strange farming. I do this out of good will, but I am a busy guy and usually do this when I am bored on rainy days, holidays or when I am unemployed. I understand that there may be some of you who would find this type of activity to be "unethical" but I assure you that I paid for every account, and have had visitors at my home utilizing my many computers to have a local internet game, where I can teach them how to play and how to utilize the steam system. I have made reports as well for bugs / expoloits and for rule violations in your forums and found that my efforts to have mixed results. It is expected that there be division where staff have different ideals or principals. I primarily Play with Pixels304, although do sometime play with Pixels303 (this registered login) as well, which was my first account created within Steam.

I have been thinking of pulling funding away from endorsing Steam as every year that passes, it is more difficult to use their system without the need for intrusive micro-transactions and a ever increasing convoluted security policy and system. Until then, I will continue enjoy playing on your servers as long as I am welcome to doing so. I have discord as well, but I really do not like using it unless I really need to. If anyone wishes to contact me over discord, I open it on demand when they request it and then close it when I am done.

Aside from the game, I also am a handy guy who believes that the only way to do something right is to do it yourself. Because of that, I have acquired many tools and enjoy the projects which meet needs I encounter over the years like a Wifi signal director for linking other routers a block away or building custom hard drive cages inside my PC for employing hard drive RAID arrays. Mechanical hard drives have always been an issue with me, so I always invest in data redundancy. There is always invaluable data that can be lost which you never can replace. This holds true as to why I abdicated as an admin many years ago when the evidence I had on the person who infiltrated the group I belonged to was lost when the server had a hard drive fail where there were no backups or redundancies.

Not sure what else I can say, other than I say it like I see it. I can be a treasure trove of information to the right person.
Pix3.

Reactions: Bo0LeeT
Status
Not open for further replies.