Question Regarding Baiting

Are you allowed to run up to baiters?

• Total voters

Byte

Apr 3, 2020
I seem to have this "Discussion" with many BLUs after I believe I was freekilled. I'll give a scenario:

Smoothbrain Warden gives an order like: Go to blue line and AFK freeze. I either comply and make it to the blue line, or on the way, I see a Heavy a couple yards away revving his minigun for no reason whatsoever. I go to hit him, since it IS baiting, yet I am killed for it.

Am I in the wrong here?

Just had this discussion with a warden, and he claims that since I had to run up to him, it was force bait, even though the heavy was already baiting. I say that if I am only allowed to hit heavies revving their minigun that are in my melee range, does that not render the specific rules of snipers and heavies baiting obsolete?

Please shine some light on this, and make it official.

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
The guy above me dont listen to. Elli or @Mom told you the answer which is you chased a baiter. You can kill with projectiles and taunt kills FROM YOUR POSISTION. However running at him is chasing. Which isn't allowed.

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
No chasing baiters for any reason. If they are in your immediate melee range when afk (or are unmoving AND directly in your path to a location instructed by warden) you can hit them then.

When not restricted, firing a projectile at a blue and hitting them is considered forcebait. Keep this in mind too.

The warden needed to stop the heavy revving at nothing. You, who moved tp chase a baiter, were in the wrong. Regardless of whether you stayed on the blue line to hit him or not.

You disobeyed a warden's orders and were punished.

You can make baiters leave cells if they are in your cell, but if anything restricts leaving cells then you may not continue to chase them when they leave your cell.
Post automatically merged:

The guy above me dont listen to. Elli or @Mom told you the answer which is you chased a baiter. You can kill with projectiles and taunt kills FROM YOUR POSISTION. However running at him is chasing. Which isn't allowed.

Projectiles while also in melee range, i believe. EDIT: Redd posted a correction, Projectiles against out of range baiters.
Post automatically merged:

You can make baiters leave cells if they are in your cell, but if anything restricts leaving cells then you may not continue to chase them when they leave your cell.
I'll reword this.

When an order or day restricts you from leaving cells, and a blue enters the cell you are occupying, this is the one and only defined time you may chase a baiter at all. Outside of cells, at all times, no chasing of baiters is permitted

Last edited:

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
In rules its stated you may hit a better that's scoping and or reving from a distance with these. This is the exception to forcebait. Or how 8 wants it. Rebeling
Class specific baiting includes:
  • Heavys may not keep constantly spinning their miniguns. (Without actively killing rebellers.)
  • Snipers may not constantly scope in. (Without, again, actively killing rebellers.)
    • Taunt kills/Projectiles may be used to kill these baiters out of your melee range.