• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Remove Control point that goes in enemy base

Status
Not open for further replies.

laptivv

sanity
★ Donor ★
Jan 1, 2020
England
There has been a problem recently in achievement_idle_awesomebox9 (185.38.149.225:27018)
I'll be explaining and show you the point of deleting the control point that takes you to the enemy base.

This first video is that coming in interrupting us in our base and kills us and won't stop as they put a teleporter on the glass area since they instant respawn as soon as they die they can just go threw the teleporter there and it makes even difficult for us to slowly go outside to continue playing.

the third picture in this row is the control point that takes you to the enemy base or your own base.

View attachment Team Fortress 2 2020-04-24 17-53-48.mp4
Team Fortress 2 24 04 2020 18 09 24Team Fortress 2 24 04 2020 18 20 07

2) this is an image of me using the command /givemeall and it gives achievements, the reason im showing this is that some Free to plays want to use that command and when they do enemy team go in the control point that takes them to are base and kills them and the command takes a bit longer swapping different class also only has less time to kill the enemy and those the T pose again.

Team Fortress 2 24 04 2020 18 06 57

3) this third one is me showing you that pyros can just push you off to the bottom.
that im currently doing is just evidence purpose only that currently been taken place by (myself) so if it is bannable please forgive me its to show that all of this means one purpose and that's to give the amount of evidence as I can for your understanding.

View attachment Team Fortress 2 2020-04-24 18-20-35.mp4
Team Fortress 2 24 04 2020 18 59 07

When they get killed they get uber for a good amount of time but pyros can just airblast off and even worst engineer placing a sentry and a medic overhealing would make everything go mental as players will start leaving since the enemy team already taken the bigger advantage and stopping from properly playing.

Attachments

• Films & TV 2020-04-24 17-51-41.mp4
    20.9 MB

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
There's spawn protection, clearly.
You can roll rtd on that server and potentially get powerplay/toxic/necrohammer and solve the camping issue.
You have a grapplehook and can reach the same area the tp's are in.
You could have just suggested removing the ability to place buildings in spawn areas / the control point between spawn.

The map is built this way purposefully for people who know how to get to it, and isn't too difficult to research how to get up there via google if you really wanted to know.

We host surf maps that have the feature of going to enemy spawn at the end. You want those to have removed access to those points, thereby removing the reward at the end of surf?
some Free to plays want to use that command
givemeall works there sure but all the same knowing the map as it is they usually dont givemeall there.

3) this third one is me showing you that pyros can just push you off to the bottom.
Airblasting in enemy spawn, okay. What's new? No offense. I appreciate the effort taken to show it's possible but that's known.

about 6 players
Not a whole lot.

Also to add on (i'll merge my post) instant class changing still applies inside the funnel down to the afk farming area. chip dmg while invulnerable is crucial to this.

-1 on this.

Last edited:

laptivv

sanity
★ Donor ★
Jan 1, 2020
England
There's spawn protection, clearly.
You can roll rtd on that server and potentially get powerplay/toxic/necrohammer and solve the camping issue.
You have a grapplehook and can reach the same area the tp's are in.
You could have just suggested removing the ability to place buildings in spawn areas / the control point between spawn.

The map is built this way purposefully for people who know how to get to it, and isn't too difficult to research how to get up there via google if you really wanted to know.

We host surf maps that have the feature of going to enemy spawn at the end. You want those to have removed access to those points, thereby removing the reward at the end of surf?

givemeall works there sure but all the same knowing the map as it is they usually dont givemeall there.

Airblasting in enemy spawn, okay. What's new? No offense. I appreciate the effort taken to show it's possible but that's known.

-1 on this.
I know there is spawn protection and that's why I pointed out the pyro airblast because they will just get pushed to the pit area even with spawn protection and they don't get to start the game properly.
about /givemeall you said well I seen a lot of players join this server and about 6 players do the command /givemeall I see them do it.

RTD roll is just luck you got overplay you got it for the time being but the enemy team will come back doing the same thing and it kind of matters on the number of people in any side to.

I should have maybe specified it more.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
I feel like this isn't necessarily an issue for a majority of the userbase, since these types of idle servers (and especially this map) are made for idlers, therefor most of the players involved in such servers won't mind it.

Additionally, the users who are actively trying to get kills/points for their items have a delay since, one players respawn, they are given a 5-second uber spawn protection grace period, that is plenty of time to get away if you are on the receiving end of this situation.

You have to ask yourself how much benefit people will get from this if your suggestion goes live. While I don't play or even watch those types of servers often, most of the time, the ones on the receiving end of these kills are idlers anyway.

laptivv

sanity
★ Donor ★
Jan 1, 2020
England
Not a whole lot.

Also to add on (i'll merge my post) instant class changing still applies inside the funnel down to the AFK farming area. chip dmg while invulnerable is crucial to this.
I play on other servers for a bit but not a lot the most I got was 6 but there was probably more as in the times I was not online so I can't really give bigger numbers because if I did it could be a lie because I play a lot of servers but this server is kind of a pain when it comes to this situation.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I have never seen players unable to counter spawncamping from enemies using this feature. As Mom said, you spawn with Uber, and you can also use RTD effects or just overwhelm the player(s) with numbers.

Secondly, as Sowon pointed out, this map is for idling, so spawncamping doesn't really matter.

Finally, and this is subjective, but I find this fun to do. I don't want it removed unless there's a clear benefit to removing it (which, per everything that has been noted, there isn't).

Reactions: Redds
Status
Not open for further replies.